• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

He was asking for that. lol

Here's some more classic cjelly:
[cjellyD1exhibition.img]

The one thing that threw me off about GAF RL was whenever someone knocked me off track I was done, would lose my focus trying to make up ground. I would do decent in the races where I wasn't assaulted from behind, but once I got hit it was a bottom tier finish guaranteed.

saladine1

Damn, hype is dead around here lol..
I remember the FM4 thread going crazy at this time...

Oh, and not every car's hood can be opened in Vista.

I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, everything is going terribly wrong.

Spoke to Toys R Us last night though and the X1 day one (plus FIFA?) will be ready to collect tomorrow, forced me into a fucking bundle too. Pick up the LCE from GAME later in the day.

I have no idea when I'll get to play.

Do they mention when the review is coming?

Krilekk

Banned
Rotating replay angles have been replaced by rotating cardboard crowds.

I watched the DF download and the game looks phenomenal, downgrades or no downgrades, but the crowd looks like a two-minute MS Paint job. I'd prefer they were removed entirely, to be honest. Or at least be replaced with something that looks like part of the game.

Can't believe they passed QC. They must have been a last-minute necessity.

I'm sure they were. Two weeks ago they showed one video which had massive amounts of popin crowds. They were literally popping into view fifty meters ahead of you, it was looking so bad that I was thinking about not buying F5. I'd much rather have the low fidelity 2D crowds we have now - I'm not even going to look at them ingame anyway. Forza 4 had a mix of 2D and 3D crowds but aside from waving flags you would never know if you're racing. It's much more important to have 3D crowds in open racers.

Shaneus

I watched the DF download and the game looks phenomenal, downgrades or no downgrades, but the crowd looks like a two-minute MS Paint job. I'd prefer they were removed entirely, to be honest. Or at least be replaced with something that looks like part of the game.

I think they were included to try and give the game a PGR-style vibe. To an extent it worked... Prague looks just like something that would've come from Bizarre's offices.

Mascot

I'm sure they were. Two weeks ago they showed one video which had massive amounts of popin crowds. They were literally popping into view fifty meters ahead of you, it was looking so bad that I was thinking about not buying F5. I'd much rather have the low fidelity 2D crowds we have now - I'm not even going to look at them ingame anyway. Forza 4 had a mix of 2D and 3D crowds but aside from waving flags you would never know if you're racing. It's much more important to have 3D crowds in open racers.

There will be situations where you HAVE to look at them though. Pre race, post race, replays, on-track spins, slow corners... photomode. What about photomode? 3D crowds loaded in at the same time as the LOD0 cars, perhaps?

I think they were included to try and give the game a PGR-style vibe. To an extent it worked... Prague looks just like something that would've come from Bizarre's offices.

Don't do it to yourself mate.

they re waiting for a guy to bring them an xbox one.
usually they take their time to test a wheel and game (physics).

i dont expect anything for the next week, except a few words via forum/ news. no video though...

some pictures and words regarding the content
http://www.insidesimracing.tv/thrustmaster/thrustmaster-tx-racing-wheel-tx-pedals-first-images/

Looks great, thanks.

The 3 pedal set doesn't appear to be anything special though, any idea how much they are going to cost?

LeBoef

they say the break pedals are bashed mod like. so at least the brakes seem to be ok.
looks like clutch and gas pedals are 1:1 T500 like.

no infos on pricing. my guess is somewhere between 150 - 200 euro.

Damn, hype is dead around here lol..

I managed to order a Day One edition from Amazon yesterday and it's now preparing for shipping, so yeah, I'm getting there. Not having to wait out for one like a vagrant makes it that much better.

As for FM5 and the lack of hype, I'm not surprised that the cumulative weight of the omissions and downgrades in the obvious rush to meet launch has put people in a sour mood, but my hope is that what the game does have to offer, (1962 250 GTO is a good start), will liven this place up a bit.

eso76

There will be situations where you HAVE to look at them though. Pre race, post race, replays, on-track spins, slow corners... photomode. What about photomode?.

Those aperture size and shutter sliders are there for a reason, Mr Grant.

shandy706

I managed to order a Day One edition from Amazon yesterday and it's now preparing for shipping, so yeah, I'm getting there. Not having to wait out for one like a vagrant makes it that much better.

My X1 says "Preparing for Shipment", but my F5 LE still says "pre-ordered".

I know it shouldn't, as it still says deliver date is "Friday, November 22nd", but it's stressing me out (not really..but I'm so ready).

I'm going to be refreshing the page all day!

I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, everything is going terribly wrong.

Spoke to Toys R Us last night though and the X1 day one (plus FIFA?) will be ready to collect tomorrow, forced me into a fucking bundle too. Pick up the LCE from GAME later in the day.

I have no idea when I'll get to play.

Do they mention when the review is coming?

Friday for PC I think, it might not be a full review just impressions.

Edit: After watching the video they changed their stance from last week on what they are doing first so its TBD now.

Mascot

So come on then, you day-one adopters. Nobody will judge you:

Who's buying the LaFerrari pack while FM5 is still installing?

G Rom

Not buying it. Will wait for super pass details to emerge and see if that's interesting, otherwise I'll do without or try get a free code (if that's still even possible) by other means.

cbox

I honestly don't care. Full 3d crowds aren't on my list of things that make a game play better. Sure it'd be nice, as even pgr3 had 3d people that would react to you crashing into the barrier - but whatevz.

Can't wait for the photo-mode/video/livery thread.

There is gonna be one right?

I just can't wait for people to start posting videos and stuff now that the game is out in some parts of the world.

I REALLY want to see the how the "Forzavista" experience is this time and what cars you can actually look under the hood and such in. God, I hope the 288 GTO has a full Forzavista mode.

adelante

I just can't wait for people to start posting videos and stuff now that the game is out in some parts of the world.
Yeah, videos and pics are all I've got until the Xbox One finally makes its way to my part of the world :(

Good thing the PS4 is reaching here in less than a month's time.

Just came to the realization how awesome Hertz's liveries would look in this game. *imagines a whole grid of cars with his designs* *drools*

TKR92

probably, I'm gonna be busy to make these for Forza 5. LOL

6243148898_16437aa867_z.jpg

6247740027_529202a56b_z.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just seen there is a Forza 5 Digital Deluxe Edition listed on the Smartglass app. It's not listed on Xbox.com for some reason, but comes with:

'Digital Deluxe Edition includes Day One Car Pack, VIP membership, 5 exclusive Digital Deluxe cars, and more than 1000 car tokens.'
Sounds pretty much like the retail LCE. Hopefully it is actually up for purchase on the Xbox.

SarBear

Not gonna lie, gonna plop down on the "King Ding-a-Ling" pack. Whatever content+car pass house note that is.

Seanspeed, please tell me you're jumping in this game day one?

I know I gave you my horizon token pack ;)

And I have no problem with you or anyone using it, but I cant stand people playing the victim.

I can understand that and I am honest about why I do it and what it does for me. But that other thread is just a mess, I just can't comprehend how people can be so pissed off and whiny about something that literally has zero affect on them.

Not gonna lie, gonna plop down on the "King Ding-a-Ling" pack. Whatever content+car pass house note that is.

Seanspeed, please tell me you're jumping in this game day one?

Are you grabbing it Day 1?

SarBear

I can understand that and I am honest about why I do it and what it does for me. But that other thread is just a mess, I just can't comprehend how people can be so pissed off and whiny about something that literally has zero affect on them.

Are you grabbing it Day 1?

Yea, it's on the delivery truck. I'll be on tomorrow night. :-D

I have over $9 million in Horizon and nothing to spend it on because I bought every car I want and all my upgrades are free.

zorbsie

Still no shipping notice on this or the Xbox One. Looks like I'll probably be playing some time next week. :(

Those token threads are a real bummer. But you really can tell who has played a forza game in there that's for sure.

On a positive note, should we start putting together a GT list for everyone that will be playing and want to drive Sarbear's drivatar off the road?

Top Bottom