• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four in June - Can You Handle The Backlog Heat?

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Okamiden
God of War: Chains of Olympus

Just finished up with Okamiden. Really fun game with many of the same elements as the original. Loved how well the touchscreen worked in this game with the celestial brush abilities. Now onto Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.

Really not sure if I will be able to get four in this month or not now. Found out my family was moving two weeks ago and have spent a lot of the time moving and will be picking that back up this week. I've been thinking about playing the Mega Man series, so might try to beat one of those or something as my fourth game if I get a chance.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Fist Puncher on Steam has been completed.

Still trying to finish Teleroboxer - I got up to the last boxer tonight, was just about to beat him and my fucking batteries ran out - and what's worse, the cart's battery has expired too so it doesn't save my place at all, which means I have to do the whole thing over! Luckily it's a very short game or I'd be much more annoyed by this.

Okamiden
Mega Man

I mentioned it in my above post, but went ahead and played through the first Mega Man game. My first time beating it after playing it all these years (those Wily stages have always gotten me). I have beaten many in the X series though, which I plan to also play all of soon. Goal is to finish Oracle of Seasons as my other game, but might also get around to another Mega Man game before the month is over as well.

mclem

AS luck would have it, I'm already two games down on completion :

Halo: Anniversary (Heroic playthrough)
Luigi's Mansion 2

And rapidly getting through Saint's Row 3, I should finish that before the end of the month.

Not quite sure about a fourth game, though. I'm replaying Phoenix Wright, but not very rapidly; I might finish that this month. I've got Call of Duty 2 on the go on the PC, but that's generally only being played for a few hours a week (whenever my housemate has taken custody of the television). I might return to AC3 for the Tyranny of King Washington stuff.

Saint's Row 3 done (I'm hoping there will be a discount on DLC next month to coincide with the PSPlus release, so that's still on hold - hopefully if there is a discount it extends to the 360 as well...)

As for a fourth game, I've got:

Phoenix Wright (Being played on the commute and occasionally in bed)
Deathspank: ToV (Being played when I get access to the 360 and main television)
Call of Duty 2 (Being played on PC when I don't have access to the main TV. And am not playing WoW).

Probably spread myself too thin, but all three games are progressing.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Finally, Teleroboxer has been beaten! Its mightiest fighter
a Canadian cat named Milky
has been bested. Quite a fun little game, but could have done with more fighters. In fact, that seems to be the current trend among Virtual Boy games - they just lack content. Oh, and a console to play them on that isn't shit.

Anyway with that, that's my four in June! Now I can relax. :>

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dante's Inferno
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Last of Us
New Super Mario Bros U

Beat NSMBU last night, the ending had me laughing out loud and the credits were pretty awesome as well. With one more week left to go this month, I'll put in some more hours into DMC HD Collection and Sly 4 Thieves in Time.

Your turn GAF.

War Eagle

How I would kill to have the time to play four games in a month. I'll be lucky if I get through one in a month.

*EDIT* This is my first post as a full fledged member (that I've noticed at least). Huzzah!!

Duxxy3

Record month for me

6 new games completed, 2 replays completed

New

Last of Us
Infamous festival of Blood
Arkham City
R&C: ToD
R&C: ACiT

and lastly

Vanquish

finished Uncharted 2 and 3 again because I was on a naughty dog binge. By far my most productive month in terms of completing games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Record month for me

6 new games completed, 2 replays completed

New

Last of Us
Infamous festival of Blood
Arkham City
R&C: ToD
R&C: ACiT

and lastly

Vanquish

finished Uncharted 2 and 3 again because I was on a naughty dog binge. By far my most productive month in terms of completing games.

Did you actually start and finish them all this month? If so that's impressive. I have a thing with some games where they'll carry over from the previous month so I have solid progress clocked in a few games. Playing Devil May Cry HD, Sly 4 Thieves in Time, and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen now which I'll most likely finish in July.

Yuterald

Ugh, haven't finished anything since my first post. Been to busy with work and too tired to play games during the week. Probably won't hit even 4 games finished at this rate. Oh well =/

Okamiden
Mega Man
Mega Man 2

Went ahead and played through Mega Man 2 while in the middle of Oracle of Seasons. Still hoping to finish Seasons before the month is up even though I have four done already.

Risgroo

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
The Last of Us

Just wrapped up TloU, amazing game, especially in the last half. I'm definitely going to replay it sometime soon, in the top 5 this gen.
I'll get to Luigi's Mansion 2 next, but I won't finish it this month...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Just for good measure, I beat Vertical Force too. And now my neck is incredibly sore and I never want to play any more Virtual Boy games ever again.

Risgroo

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
The Last of Us
Batman: AC - Harley Quinn DLC(lol)

Okay, counting DLC is cheating, but I need to feel like I finished more games this month!
As for the actual DLC, it was...okay. Nothing offensive or memorable about it.

Arthea

I can't handle the heat!
My backlog got 5 games bigger this month (it was already monstrosity). And I haven't finished any game. Oh wait, I kinda finished ME3 (new endings DLC), but that doesn't count, does it...
May be I can finish at least Okami HD next month, there is always hope.

Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii)
The Last of Us (PS3)
Dead Space 3 (360)

Halfway there. Going to start Dead Space 3 now, will try and finish before TLOU; otherwise will finish after.

Done!

Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii)
The Last of Us (PS3)
Dead Space 3 (360)

Uncharacteristically, I have finished more than zero to one games in a month.

Gravity Rush (PSV)
Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP)
The Last of Us (PS3)
The Witcher: Extreme Enchilada (replay) (PC)
Red Faction: Armageddon (PC)

Backlog is now only 3,996 games, I assume.

Duxxy3

Did you actually start and finish them all this month? If so that's impressive. I have a thing with some games where they'll carry over from the previous month so I have solid progress clocked in a few games. Playing Devil May Cry HD, Sly 4 Thieves in Time, and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen now which I'll most likely finish in July.

The only games I didn't start and finish this month were Tools of Destruction and Festival of Blood. The others were straight playthroughs.

I finished the campaign for Saints Row 3 tonight and The Cave a couple days ago. I don't really consider either game completed yet because of how re-playable the cave is and how much is left to do in Saints Row 3.

Okamiden
Mega Man
Mega Man 2

Just finished my fifth game of the month with Oracle of Seasons. This was a linked game coming from Ages, so also defeated Twinrova and Ganon to get the complete ending for the two games combined. I'm pretty sure that will be my last one finished for the month. Don't see myself getting to another since my family is in the process of moving and I just barely got around to finishing Oracle of Seasons.

kunonabi

update:

last window - finished
fire emblem awakening - finished
style savvy trendsetter - finished
harvest moon 3D a new beginning - finished
devil survivor overclocked - finished

now to see if i can finish soul hackers before i go home.

sphinx

the piano man
late to the thread but I WILL take part in the July one, I am determined to reduce my backlog substantially. this month was

God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
Dante's Inferno (PSP)
A Boy and his Blob (Wii)

and working on

Resident Evil: REmale (Wii Archives Edition)

Kifimbo

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Cogs (PC)
Crimson Shroud (3DS)
Spec Ops: The Line (PC)

Bonus game: Little King's Story (Wii).

The first four are done. Also finished Faerie Solitaire and Offspring Fling, both on PC. And I'm playing FTL and The Binding of Isaac. Steam Cards actually pushed me to play a lot of small PC games.

Started Little King's Story, but I have been sidetracked.

bjaelke

Hitman: Absolution
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us

Unfortunately I wont be able to make the 4th title by tomorrow. I will just have to put in an extra effort next month and go for 5 games.

Chrono Cross
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
The Last of Us
Breath of Fire III

I just beat The Last of Us. I liked it better than the Uncharted games.

mclem

AS luck would have it, I'm already two games down on completion :

Halo: Anniversary (Heroic playthrough)
Luigi's Mansion 2

And rapidly getting through Saint's Row 3, I should finish that before the end of the month.

Not quite sure about a fourth game, though. I'm replaying Phoenix Wright, but not very rapidly; I might finish that this month. I've got Call of Duty 2 on the go on the PC, but that's generally only being played for a few hours a week (whenever my housemate has taken custody of the television). I might return to AC3 for the Tyranny of King Washington stuff.

Saint's Row 3 done (I'm hoping there will be a discount on DLC next month to coincide with the PSPlus release, so that's still on hold - hopefully if there is a discount it extends to the 360 as well...)

As for a fourth game, I've got:

Phoenix Wright (Being played on the commute and occasionally in bed)
Deathspank: ToV (Being played when I get access to the 360 and main television)
Call of Duty 2 (Being played on PC when I don't have access to the main TV. And am not playing WoW).

Probably spread myself too thin, but all three games are progressing.

I'm going to claim a technical victory; I've got to the very end of Deathspank... and run into a bug that makes the game unwinnable. Bah. Nevertheless, there's very little content remaining in the game, so I think it's fair to mark that one off.

I suspect I'll get both PW and COD2 early in July. Also, July's progress might be affected by Steam Sales, at least if they have achievement-based challenges again (but they haven't for the past few years)

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Well, I think I'll have 4 games beaten by the end of the month.

I finished Tiny and Big soon after I got it in a humble bundle.
I beat A.R.E.S. while getting the Steam cards for it. That's been in my backlog for a couple of years.

I also managed to finish Marvel Heroes. I generally don't count MMOs as part of my backlog, but that one plays like a single-player game so I've added it to the backloggery list.

I'll probably beat Rogue Legacy tomorrow. Working on the last boss.

I've only added 18 new games to my backlog this month. That's good, right??

Grief.exe

Well, I think I'll have 4 games beaten by the end of the month.

I finished Tiny and Big soon after I got it in a humble bundle.
I beat A.R.E.S. while getting the Steam cards for it. That's been in my backlog for a couple of years.

I also managed to finish Marvel Heroes. I generally don't count MMOs as part of my backlog, but that one plays like a single-player game so I've added it to the backloggery list.

I'll probably beat Rogue Legacy tomorrow. Working on the last boss.

I've only added 18 new games to my backlog this month. That's good, right??

I wish the achievements for Rogue Legacy would have descriptions. Right now, I have no idea what they are for.

That might be intentional though.

I'm on the Forest Boss, will count towards the July version of this thread.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Doing the robot, made more progress on my backlog this month than in the past year combined probably:

Dark Souls
Last of Us
Bioshock Infinite
Ico

Kind of cheated because Ive been playing DS forever and I was like a third of the way through Ico. But thank god for redbox so I could play TLoU and Bioshock until I can afford to buy them.

On a similar note, I cleared out some of my backlog by getting rid of some games I just wasn't playing or enjoying. Fable 2 (long in my backlog), Borderlands 2 (can't get over what Gearbox did to Aliens), and most notably Dishonored.

It has everything I like! Stealth, choice, fun powers, etc. I think it was ultimately the lame graphics (both art direction and actual graphics, on 360) and the fact that the story and setting didn't do it for me. Only got like 60% through :(

astonish

• Final Fantasy III (DS) - 7 hrs in
  • X-Com: EU (Steam) - First playthrough. 4-5 missions in and loving it
  • Alan Wake (360) - Been in the shrink wrap for so long

Hmmm well:

• Go on a mini-vacation
  • Paint half my house
  • Put a good burst effort into an attempt at a side-business
  • Buy a 3DS XL and watch Animal Crossing devour my game-time

So pretty much a failed the queue this month. My FF3 game went from 7 hours to 11, but it just opened up in a way that entices me to play more. I spent more time playing Animal Crossing on the new 3DS than FF, mainly because of time constraints. X-com was great, but didn't get very much time at a PC when I wasn't working.

Anyway, my June queue moves into July. I will finish FF3 and X-Com for sure. Donkey Kong Returns 3D will go way up in the queue, really liked the hour I played of it so far.

KLonso

I'm not sure what I'm setting myself up for, but here goes:

Final Fantasy VI (although I'm about halfway through already I think)

Persona 3: FES

The Walking Dead

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

And since FFVI is kinda cheating since I'm halfway through, I'll add Gravity Rush which I think I'm about a quarter of the way through

Edit: Well, awkward how I thought that June was starting tomorrow. Guess this should be for July

Torraz

Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Toki to towa
Mugen Souls
Tales of Xillia 1 replay

Finished for the month. Now to decide on the July lineup.

Yuterald

Barely hit this goal. I overestimated my time to play games this month. Just finished my 4th game this morning. I was in the middle of a bunch of other stuff, games I've never finished and stuff I was replaying for fun, but I primarily found myself playing indie games.

Mighty Switch Force!: Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U)
Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)
The Swapper (PC/Steam)
Hotline Miami (Vita/PS3)

-In Mighty Switch Force! on Wii U, I only have 6 Hyper stages left to complete/obtain Par Times for. They're really fucking hard though.
-I only have 2 babies left to collect and 3 Par Times to complete in Mighty Switch Force! 2/.
-I 100% completed The Swapper with all Achievements.
-I have the bonus/epilogue stages left to see in Hotline Miami, as well as a ton of letters to find and A+ Ranks to earn, amongst other miscellaneous trophies.

Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Luigi's Mansion 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening

I am a failure. Revoke my gamer card right now. Damn you Animal Crossing. Damn you to hell.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Changed my list a few times but I got there. Animal Crossing was such a time-sink this month- i've only just started Last of Us and no more. Hoping to give the latter serious time next month!

Grand Theft Auto IV
Thomas Was Alone
Catherine
Hotline Miami

MadD4mon

Played through these games in June

The Last of Us
Thomas Was Alone
Skyward Sword
Fire Emblem Awakening
Call of Juarez Gunslinger

I hope I can keep this up in July :)

Xord

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Game & Wario

The Last of Us
Akai Katana
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - SOUL HACKERS
Dark Souls
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System
Rurouni Kenshin Enjou! Kyoto Rinne
Spyro the Dragon
Resident Evil: Revelations
Persona 4: Golden (finished up the Platinum)

Summer vacation, ya'll.

Meia

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
The World Ends With You
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD

Never played the Wii version, so first time with DKCR, so it counts. Not sure how to count the last one though. Does only 1 "game" of it count? Does the whole thing count as 3 games? Not sure how compilations work.

At any rate, I'll add more probably when I get through these. 999 will probably be first.

Ok, so the Phoenix Wright games are way longer than I expected, so have to count those separately.

Finished off the first and second Phoenix Wright games, then DKCR, then Last of Us today, so hit my quota, but didn't dig as much into my backlog as I wanted to.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Donkey Kong Country Returns
The Last of Us

Over the course of the month I have managed to complete:

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD
Metal Gear Solid 3 HD
The Last of Us
Remember Me

I cannot wait for July's thread.

Ark

I finished Metro: Last Light on Sunday evening, so I've only got three to go for this month:

- Metro: Last Light
- Demon's Souls
- BioShock: Infinite
- The Last of Us

Going to be a good month ;)

Ended up finishing Metro, BioShock, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy XIII, Journey, and Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

Couldn't bring myself to continue playing Demon's Souls. I've now got Tomb Raider to play through!

sixclaws

Banned
Managed to beat more this month than I expected.

Prey (PC)
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PC)
Gunpoint (PC)
Serious Sam 3 (PC)
Mortal Kombat 9 (Vita)
Last of Us (PS3)

Hope to beat next month:
Wolfenstein 2009 (PC)
Ninja Blade (PC)
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (DS)

Top Bottom