• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Ocean - Blonde |OT| These boys do cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

As a huge fan of his past mixtapes and Channel Orange, upon first listen of this I'm pretty disappointed. Blonde is lacking whatever it is that made his past work great. It's a little too experimental, a little too noisy and unfocused.

That's just first listen though. We'll see if it gets better for me.

Loved Nolstalgia and was meh on CO, but your post echoes how I feel off first impressions.

HiiiLife

I'm the exact opposite right now. This album feels extremely focused to me. But I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

I just wish I got the same high I felt listening to Crack Rock and Pink Matter, idk. Maybe I need to go for a cruise with this playing to really indulge.

jacobs34

My fiance and I went on a walk, both listening to this and watching the sunset. It was a lovely little moment, and one I don't think I'll ever forget.

Yado

The only thing I hate here is the beginning of Nikes, no reason to botch it like that.

P3 is one of the worst things I've heard this year. I literally can't remember a single song that wasn't one of the singles. It's good for you if you're having problems sleeping.

It's weird because the songs he put up on his soundcloud between P2&3 are way better than most of 3. I only really like 2 songs off P3.

Ristifer

I just wish I got the same high I felt listening to Crack Rock and Pink Matter, idk. Maybe I need to go for a cruise with this playing to really indulge.
Well, I've listened a few times now. At first, I was hoping for something like Crack Rock or Super Rich Kids or whatever. But then it just kinda took over for me. Hard to explain, really. I guess it started clicking.

It's weird because the songs he put up on his soundcloud between P2&3 are way better than most of 3. I only really like 2 songs off P3.

The dancehall and "Come & See Me" were the only ones I could stand. After a few drinks I can get into the first and last. Everything in between was just "meh."

Hell, even that freebie "Don't Do it for you no more" was more tolerable than most of that album.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This shit makes me want to go on a 2 hour night drive with this blasting

tumblr_nupt4jvmfZ1tbgnn1o1_500.gif

solarus

Frank really hit his stride from CO onwards to me, nostalgia ultra was just alright. But blonde and channel orange are both amazing.

Red_Man

I'm about to take a trip to the Asian bakery, get on the highway, gotta feel this at night when the air is cool.
I've been drinking, but I'll definitely go for an album drive tomorrow. This seems blissful to drive to on a summer night.

Loved nostalgia, ULTRA on first listen, and continued to spin it forever.
Was overall disappointed by CHANNEL orange, and that didn't change. (Lost is amazing)
Really feeling this new album.

I've been drinking, but I'll definitely go for an album drive tomorrow. This seems blissful to drive to on a summer night.
I was thinking of doing that right now, actually.

Hieberrr

Maybe I'm just not a Frank Ocean fan, but I feel like this album kind of sucks. Then again, the only song I like from him is Thinkin' Bout You.

Red_Man

This album has me ultralightbeaming

Maybe I'm just not a Frank Ocean fan, but I feel like this album kind of sucks. Then again, the only song I like from him is Thinkin' Bout You.
Yea, sounds like you're just not into his style, which is fair. I've shown a bunch of friends Frank Ocean stuff and they just don't vibe to him.

Barzul

I really like Futura Free as the ending track. For me it's really fitting, well the part with actual singing lol

So what's going to happen to all those tracks from Endless?

Some of them end so abruptly and could easily be album highlights at full length.

Galang

Banned
I found Channel Orange to be incredibly boring and painful to slog through, but I'm going to give this album a shot. Hoping I like it because I like Frank (as a person)

Coreda

So the pop up store version includes a track two tracks not heard on the final release? Are there any other regions/versions with bonus tracks?

Vire

Haha rolling marijuana is a cheap vacation.

Fucking golden.

Liking it so far, very chill. Not blowing my mind, but still very enjoyable.

Darksol

So the pop up store version includes a track two tracks not heard on the final release? Are there any other regions/versions with bonus tracks?

Three different tracks: Pretty Sweet, Mitsubishi Sony, Easy.

No idea about other regions.

EDIT: I'LL KEEP REPEATING UNTIL THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED -- WHAT TRACK FEATURES BOWIE?

Coreda

Three different tracks: Pretty Sweet, Mitsubishi Sony, Easy.

No idea about other regions.

Yeah, as I bought the CD version of Channel Orange for its bonus track Golden Girl (which was a very nice bonus track). Will have to check out these tracks.

Edit: Christ, those prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom