• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Tempted to package this in an order with Ao Evolution but since it has been announced to on its way west(though with no announced date), Im debating on whether I should just wait because while I do know how to read Japanese,given my druthers I'd rather play in English.

Since the US release is supposed to be sometime this year, perhaps might be good to wait. Unless you really want to play bad lol.

But since you can read Japanese and are making an order for something else DO IT just because. :D

Thanks, great OT! I preordered this during an E3 sale without really knowing what it was. I just saw some impressions that said it was a good Vita exclusive, and god knows we don't have too many of those these days. This sounds great! Hope it releases in the West soon

Anko

Awesome OT.
Subscribed!

I'm probably grabbing the Japanese version off the Asian PSN store. I can't read all the Kanji yet but I figure this will be good practice. My grasp of Japanese game terminology won't improve unless I start somewhere. Plus, I'm excited for this.

Aytrial

Gonna try out the Japanese demo later these week to get a feel for the battle system.

I'm resisting the urge to import since I understand zero Japanese and I'm hoping an official English release date is announced soon.

MSMrRound

I'm pretty impressed by the vocal recognition technology that they are using.

Typed a English name for my character, and they were able to pronounce it perfectly. Wow. Color me impressed.

I'll probably spring for a Asian English version should it release earlier.

cripterion

Typed a English name for my character, and they were able to pronounce it perfectly. Wow. Color me impressed.

Has it been confirmed?

YoungOne

Nice, I didn't know the game had that.

Sitrus

Looking forward to playing it. Glad the PSN preorder has downloading two days before since I am on the plane the very same day xD Nice OT too :D

Malyse

Customization: Are there cute outfits? And do I have to play as Pasty McFuckingPaste face or can my beautifully dark skinned Makine be recreated (what skin color options are there?)

Customization: Are there cute outfits? And do I have to play as Pasty McFuckingPaste face or can my beautifully dark skinned Makine be recreated (what skin color options are there?)

There's a range of skin colours, though I'm not sure about outfits since there weren't any in the demo.

Malyse

There's a range of skin colours, though I'm not sure about outfits since there weren't any in the demo.

how dark? As dark as:

comm002_final_by_erkaz-d60dnkb.png

Because, I'm not interested in being a pale character :<

Getting hype for Vita Game.

PROHIBITED ACTS CONFIRMED

Waiting for the magic email from AmiAmi.
Getting this and the Sen no Kiseki rerelease this week

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

This was the most impressive thing for me. I entered my full name in English and it gave me perfect Japanese pronunciation as if i I had typed it in Katakana.

The controls and animations seem responsive, which is better than I can say for a lot of these co-op boss battlers, but I didn't like the layout in the demo. The thorns being set to R just felt wrong.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So happy that I went digital - with preload starting on Tuesday, I will be able to play during my Thursday lunch break without wasting half of it to go to the store! :)

baekshi

Banned
So happy that I went digital - with preload starting on Tuesday, I will be able to play during my Thursday lunch break without wasting half of it to go to the store! :)

I wish the western PS Store also implemented the pre loading on PS Vita.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is this part of the game?

Please say yes
This particular one is a part of the promotional campaign for the game, but I'm guessing there might be more on tye news/propaganda tv in the personal room in the full game.

raven777

Fantastic OT!

I won't be getting the JP version but I will be getting the localized Asian version when it comes out. I hope it comes out by July..

How do the weapons feel? The OP says that there are just 3 physical weapon types, which is disappointing to me. I at least hope they play differently and aren't mashy.

Also how does one get a Japanese address to create a Japanese PSN account so I can try out the demo?

Boogins

Will definitely be picking up a vita when this eventually reaches NA. Hopefully the white 2000 model will be here by that time too.

RalchAC

Has there ever been a popular &#20849;&#38360; game that didn't have an expanded release the following year? It's Japan's tried-and-tested semi-annualisation formula for these co-op battle games.

It fairly surprises me that God Eater 2 re-Burst hasn't been announced yet. Maybe they're going

Till this day, I still can't wrap my head around how they create those bullets. (talking of GE1)

I never understood how that system work. I can't imagine myself trying to exploit it XD

You have the Kaz GIF Collection in favs :D

I like you, bro.

MSMrRound

How do the weapons feel? The OP says that there are just 3 physical weapon types, which is disappointing to me. I at least hope they play differently and aren't mashy.

Weapon trailer

Each of the weapon play differently and are used for different purposes. E.g you probably can't saw off the parts of the abductor if you are wielding the huge-ass sword.

LMN

Also how does one get a Japanese address to create a Japanese PSN account so I can try out the demo?

You should checkout OT page again ;), Parakeetman did a great job showing and linking all the YouTube videos, and you will see that even though there are only 3 melee weapon types each have it own for a better word "sub category" . And don't worry, each weapons play very differently (e.g. only short sword can directly cut boss part). For the JP psn, you can easily find a guide on youtube =P

Just pick any random place(like a book store or a restaurant) and use its address. Google is your friend.

I played the demo a while back and inputted Kagoshima as my place. They were around 14 when i first played it. I doubt they will ever hit the top 10(unless Gaffers input Kagoshima as their place ;) ) . Anyway, I won't be picking up this game, not for me; I'm not really into a mission select kind of game like peace walker.

great OT

not interested in the hunting games since I'm not a fan of hunting giant monsters with little plot, but the premise sounds interesting and if its 30 dollars then that's a steal if its as good as the hype

So I just made a Japanese PSN accounts and I have question for importers: Is it generally cheaper to buy PSN store codes or importing physical games? Are there sales for PSN codes ever, like a Black Friday thing? I have a 16 gb card I'm willing to dedicate to Japanese games. I don't really have a preference on digital or physical.

Parakeetman

Thanks, great OT! I preordered this during an E3 sale without really knowing what it was. I just saw some impressions that said it was a good Vita exclusive, and god knows we don't have too many of those these days. This sounds great! Hope it releases in the West soon

Great OT!
I am really looking forward to this game and I am eagerly awaiting the first import impressions!

Parakeet, you do DAH LAWDS WORK with these.

It seems to have higher aspirations and a ton of sci-fi/academia-based inspiration. Always commendable.

Awesome OT.
Subscribed!

I'm probably grabbing the Japanese version off the Asian PSN store. I can't read all the Kanji yet but I figure this will be good practice. My grasp of Japanese game terminology won't improve unless I start somewhere. Plus, I'm excited for this.

Excellent OT, will be picking this up this week and participating.

Looking forward to playing it. Glad the PSN preorder has downloading two days before since I am on the plane the very same day xD Nice OT too :D

Fantastic OT!

I won't be getting the JP version but I will be getting the localized Asian version when it comes out. I hope it comes out by July..

great OT

not interested in the hunting games since I'm not a fan of hunting giant monsters with little plot, but the premise sounds interesting and if its 30 dollars then that's a steal if its as good as the hype

Amazing OT! Love it!

Thanks everyone!

So I just made a Japanese PSN accounts and I have question for importers: Is it generally cheaper to buy PSN store codes or importing physical games? Are there sales for PSN codes ever, like a Black Friday thing? I have a 16 gb card I'm willing to dedicate to Japanese games. I don't really have a preference on digital or physical.

PSN codes here in Japan pretty much dont go on sale. Hell most things in this country that are popular dont go on sale... Since you dont have to pay shipping generally PSN codes are cheaper if you find someplace that doesnt mark them up too high.

There are 3 weapon categories for melee weapons each has its own subcategory inside of it. Small Sword 3, Large Sword 3, Spear 2. Also how the weapons function when you are latched onto the enemy for example the attack animations are different it seems. For example the spear is not as useful when attached to the enemy as using a small sword.

Info on making a PSN account
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14868403

Promo/Marketing video for the game:

Let's Contribute! The Imprisonment of Love is 1,000,000 years

Panna is the best. (Yellow hair accessory)

lol the video is actually up in the OT just that folks need to click on the picture to watch it. Since it looked odd when I had a YT vid link under the picture of the 3.

I wonder if the digital saves will work with a physical copy too? Hmmm... might have to look into going digital for one of the copies.

Parakeetman

Hmm aren't Panny, Opti and Cony based off of Ann, Marie and Shizuka for some story related reason? They look alike.

Not only that they use the same VAs! lol.

Opti / Sizuka (Sora Amamiya), Cony / Ann (Momo Asakura), Panna / Marie (Shiina Natsukawa)

That only works if you upload saves to the cloud via PS+, IIRC.

Oh yeah good point, I keep forgetting about that feature. Will have to test it out then. So that settles it, third copy will be digital... D: wtf am I doing... but saves me the hassle of going to the store on the way to work thursday.

Parakeetman

Three copies? Famitsu, digital and?

One other normal version. I think...

Well I got a new 1000, the 1100 ab01 3g/wifi model, which is supposed to be like the launch model I have already, I really wanted another OLED. But yeah for some reason its a little darker and the whites are all messed up. They seem more gray than anything. Contacted Sony and they said that can happen with some units but if it bugged me I should send it in to get it checked. But its a shame either way. Nice to have a new oled model but my older one is just easier to look at. So I guess it will be sent to Sony for a checkup by the end of the week. After a little Freedom Wars gameplay.

Man that sucks. D: Yeah sounds like sending it in would be the option to go with. Am guessing that the place where you picked it up from wont take it back for another unit?

t26

Man $200 for limited edition on play-asia ... The extras seems like of neat but thats a lot of money for a new series.

Parakeetman

Man $200 for limited edition on play-asia ... The extras seems like of neat but thats a lot of money for a new series.

being a new series really has nothing to do with it, its just more of the usual markup ripoff situation. considering its slightly under 100 usd here in japan.

Top Bottom