• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

Man $200 for limited edition on play-asia ... The extras seems like of neat but thats a lot of money for a new series.

Generally play asia's markup is a rip, I'd recommend nippon yasan. Their prices generally are the same as rrp for pre orders until it actually gets released, which is when it tends to get the markup.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Generally play asia's markup is a rip, I'd recommend nippon yasan. Their prices generally are the same as rrp for pre orders until it actually gets released, which is when it tends to get the markup.

amiami is pretty good with prices too but seems their stock runs out pretty fast often. most folks i know overseas use them over playasia.

baekshi

Banned

recommend amiami or cdjapan

nippon is shit for taking time to ship the games

amiami is pretty good with prices too but seems their stock runs out pretty fast often. most folks i know overseas use them over playasia.

Yeah. I usually use amiami first, but their stock tends to always runs out immediately -_- so most of the time I use nippon yasan. Though nippon yasan ships from ehime and sometimes it takes an extra day to arrive which isn't that bad !

recommend amiami or cdjapan

nippon is shit for taking time to ship the games

True that. But sometimes cdjapan doesn't stock the stuff D:

t26

being a new series really has nothing to do with it, its just more of the usual markup ripoff situation. considering its slightly under 100 usd here in japan.

I am just saying $200+ shipping it still a lot to me for a new series. Also I am trying to get the Asian version, they are usually harder to find. I don't know any website other than play-asia is selling it.

Parakeetman

I am just saying $200+ shipping it still a lot to me for a new series. Also I am trying to get the Asian version, they are usually harder to find. I don't know any website other than play-asia is selling it.

had just checked ncsx they dont seem to have the famitsu limited pack.

am sure all they are doing is using their own people to make orders paying full price for said item. as the famitsu deluxe pack is only sold on their official site ebten or something. the ryu ga gotoku ishin LE pack with the sake jug was the same.

try checking this thread since folks talk about various forwarding services here in japan.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=678877

since am on phone the link is only the mobile version. if it doesnt work use google with these keywords.

neogaf tenso

t26

Well Sony Asia actually hasn't say anything about what's included in the Asian version. I want the Chinese version, so I would a forwarding service from Hong Kong or Taiwan.

baekshi

Banned

there is no asian limited edition though (only japan import) - plus when it comes to limited edition on play asia, they're a huge rip off

and I suggested cdjapan , they're selling famitsu for half of it ( there is also nin nin game)

as for standard asian copy, youll have to go with play asia or yesasia

Guru-Guru

Banned
First game I will pick up on its actual release date since Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I haven't been gaming much lately (busy with real life), but I look forward to sinking some hours into this. This will be my first hunting-style game--I tried the demo and enjoyed it a lot.

dkoy

Subscribed and will be awaiting those abductor AI impressions. It's really the only thing that bothers me from the demo impressions. Cool OT Parakeetman!

That Connie song is so repetitive but I listened to it 1.5x anyway.

Aytrial

Tried out the demo earlier today and man am I impressed at how clean it looks. There's like zero anisotropic filtering so the floor textures look like ass when viewed from an angle, but otherwise everything else is great.

With regards to the battle system itself, I enjoy the mobility, but the missions in the demo were over far too fast for me to get a good feel of the fights. The Thorn gameplay looks promising though.

Shun

This game got confirmed for the US? Whoa, that news flew past me...

I thought I was gonna have to import this.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Tried out the demo earlier today and man am I impressed at how clean it looks. There's like zero anisotropic filtering so the floor textures look like ass when viewed from an angle, but otherwise everything else is great.

With regards to the battle system itself, I enjoy the mobility, but the missions in the demo were over far too fast for me to get a good feel of the fights. The Thorn gameplay looks promising though.
You can load your game after finishing the demo and keep playing with your accessory, but without other npcs. It makes the missions way longer.

Hugstable

Banned
This game got confirmed for the US? Whoa, that news flew past me...

I thought I was gonna have to import this.

Yup I'm excited for this gsme to be coming here. All these comments about the game looking great makes me want to make a jp account and downlosd the demo.

Arondight

Not that into monster hunting games but this one looks interesting and unique enough for day 1 purchase when it arrives to EU. I like the anime style too.

Nice OT.

FiraB

Banned
About the try the demo, wiped out a 32GB stick again, really need to buy another stick so I don't have to do this all the time (or sony just needs to let me use it like my PS3/4 and swap accounts on the fly).

Anko

Is the preload only for the JP PS store?
I don't suppose Asia has this feature yet. I don't think it's even up for pre-order yet.

down 2 orth

This looks really interesting.

Kind of confused about the multiplayer though. Does it get its own perpetual campaign? Do stats from single player carry over?

cheesekao

I wonder if melee weapons will actually be useful in the full game. After playing the demo, I can say that guns, the auto-shotgun and mini-gun specifically, have way higher dps than melee weapons and are safer to use too.

I wonder if melee weapons will actually be useful in the full game. After playing the demo, I can say that guns, the auto-shotgun and mini-gun specifically, have way higher dps than melee weapons and are safer to use too.

I agree, but ammo is still limited and you still need the knife to saw off specific parts of the abductors. Unless..you bring 99 ammo packs and go rambo !

cheesekao

I agree, but ammo is still limited and you still need the knife to saw off specific parts of the abductors. Unless..you bring 99 ammo packs and go rambo !
Actually, you can destroy parts of an abductor by simply shooting it. All I did was cling on the the shoulder on the abductor(the one with the side shields) and fired my shotty like nobody's business and I eventually destroyed the shield and after that, the arms. You can do the same with the abductor with the missile pods.

Parakeetman

Great OT! Looking forward to impression and screenshots :D

Subscribed and will be awaiting those abductor AI impressions. It's really the only thing that bothers me from the demo impressions. Cool OT Parakeetman!

That Connie song is so repetitive but I listened to it 1.5x anyway.

Awesome OT.

Do the Propaganda Idols play any role in the actual game? Opti is pretty awesome.

We are not sure of that yet, but it seems that 3 of the story characters share the same voice actresses as the 3 Propaganda Idols. So quite possible!
Opti / Sizuka (Sora Amamiya), Cony / Ann (Momo Asakura), Panna / Marie (Shiina Natsukawa)

Great OT!
Man, that idol video sure is catchy.

Can't wait to play this game, i like fast paced hunting game.

C'mon people, predict week 1 sales for this games. My guess 150k-175k

Great OT Parakeetman.

Not that into monster hunting games but this one looks interesting and unique enough for day 1 purchase when it arrives to EU. I like the anime style too.

Nice OT.

Great OT, i already preordered and set to preload mine!

Thanks everyone! I just got home from work now, hence why only am able to respond now. D: Going to pre-order a digital copy too or see if its still possible anyways.

I could imagine that if there will be high ranking type of missions there might not be ammo / health / grenades around on the field to collect for the players. So you will have to bring in your own support items. Kinda like I suppose Monster Hunters box on the G rank quests not having any items in it besides for the map.

An 8 player co-op Monster Hunter stylee thing.

Cool.

To be more correct its actually 4 players + each players Accessory (AI partner) therefore its still the usual 4 player co-op type of gameplay, but with the additional AI helpers. :)

Oh wow very cool! Thanks for sharing that Hasemo. Was it you that tweeted them?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To be more correct its actually 4 players + each players Accessory (AI partner) therefore its still the usual 4 player co-op type of gameplay, but with the additional AI helpers. :)
At launch, yes, but they are adding the 8 player mode, no?
プレイ人数:
1~4人※アップデートで8人同時対戦に対応

Parakeetman

At launch, yes, but they are adding the 8 player mode, no?

I think thats the head 2 head stuff. So 4 vs 4 or something and not like 8 players at once co-op. :) Im curious if there will be a mode where teams can bring in with them 1 abductor each. That would be insane.

For H2H gameplay Im curious what happens when 2 players thorns collide at the same spot. Like for example both of them throw it at each other at the same time.

Man I bet high lv player pvp fights will look insane.

btw hasemo, is the demo data going to be able to transfer to the full title? forgot to look that up. also I need to check if the game actually has any sort of blocking function in it. dont think so though seeing how it uses up pretty much all of the buttons.

Nick's been really enthusiastic about Freedom Wars. I've been talking to him on Twitter about it a little bit, he really wants it to be as big as it could be.

Parakeetman

Man can you imagine if the game had gotten out during the Attack on Titan craze? I still think its too bad that the two never lined up. Since would have caused mad sales in Japan just because of the whole thorn system. Not to mention the attack that takes you whipping by the enemy while performing a melee strike at the same time, then being able to turn right back around and do it again the other way and continue to do so as long as the bar isnt depleted.

Still yet though, they really got something special here and I dig the changes to the overall gameplay and the setting is great.

Top Bottom