• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

Phlebas

Banned
Nice job on the OT.

Patiently waiting now for the localization.

xcvXfEA.jpg

That's the release schedule for Asia ex. Japan.

Did those in Tokyo only get 2 hoverboards each due to the population?
Like maybe there's a set number of boards to be given out to each region, based on their rank, and it's split evenly between the population.

I was in Tokyo. I didn't even get a board for some reason.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
even though i live in tokyo joining up with my home prefecture miyazaki (^-^ゞ

so where is everyone else planning on representing?

KuroNeeko

DL complete! Jumping in now!

Niice.

There was a time when I actually thought about moving there. My SO was in Kago and the beaches in Miya seemed like they'd be nice.

Poorest prefecture in Japan though... ;.;

Anko

It'll be tomorrow by the time I decide on a name and region.
Also, there's an official stat page. Looks like it's still displaying demo stats though. Kōchi beats Tokyo in
number of violations
. What the hell are they doing.

I was in Tokyo. I didn't even get a board for some reason.

Gotta claim it from your accessory within the time limit I think.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll be repping Osaka when I pick up the game, since I live in Osaka. Kansai for life.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Hiroshima, going back in 3 weeks. Incidentally I won't be picking up the game until then either so I'll be 3 weeks behind (ヽ´ω`)

Hey Hasemo, since we preordered and preloaded have you been able to claim the 奪還 contents? I can't find it anywhere.

edit: Also, it still says I need an online pass even though I bought digital...am I missing something here?

Anko

edit: I think it's awesome how the speech editor can pronounce your name! Bout damn time!
Choose carefully. Your name is the one thing you can't change. Gender/appearance can be changed. I think even the region you're representing can be changed... for a fee.

KuroNeeko

Choose carefully. Your name is the one thing you can't change. Gender/appearance can be changed. I think even the region you're representing can be changed... for a fee.

Yeah, name is all good;D

I believe region can be changed via DLC. I saw a pass on PSN for about 500円 or so. :/

It's up in Asia~
62.90 SGD which is roughly 5,100 JPY

Edit:
Weird. They're not reading my name to me like in the demo? あなたの名前はxxxxでよろしいですか?
Wasn't there also a button (Triangle) to make them repeat the name? That's not there either.

You have to press confirm first after you put in your name, then that menu pops up where they read your name.

Anko

You have to press confirm first after you put in your name, then that menu pops up where they read your name.

Yeah. Figured that. lol. Silly me.

There's no way to change the way they read certain Kanji though, right?
Guess I gotta stick with Hiragana/Katakana.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What's the review consensus on this? Should I be excited for when it comes stateside?
There's only the Famitsu review which isn't worth squat - Japanese gaming media are very different from the Western ones.
Most people who played the demo enjoyed it, but the game was released a few hours ago, so it's a bit too early for full fledged impressions.
Hey Hasemo, since we preordered and preloaded have you been able to claim the 奪還 contents? I can't find it anywhere.
Go to the ps store and dl the free preorder pack.

raven777

few stuff I read from flying get impressions

-button mashing is gone. Now you can hold the button instead of mashing it

-motion seems same as the demo and trailer

-weapon speed/charging seems to be changed from the demo

-the person is still in early parts of the game and already has 15 costumes

-you know how this game's concept is that you need entitlement/permission to do stuff? Yea you need this as well for button customization lol

-also you can unlock more hairstyles/colors with permission/entitlement.

What's the review consensus on this? Should I be excited for when it comes stateside?

There's only the Famitsu review which isn't worth squat - Japanese gaming media are very different from the Western ones.

The only "review" site I ever "trust" is gamecatalog. But it has rules that prevents Freedom Wars from getting written for until three months later (the same rules that actually makes it good).

Parakeetman

too early give it a few days for any sort of real impressions.

people need to be a bit more realistic with knowing a game just came out that there are not going to be any credible reviews on it. as mentioned japan does not do things the way the west does but shares the same general opinion that major media outlets cant be trusted. lol

Guru-Guru

Banned
Just bought the physical release! I have about 1.5 hours of chores and prep work to do before I dig into it. If I remember I will write some impressions up later or tomorrow.

ranmafan

Got my copy! About ready to play a ton tonight. Interested to see where my area, yamanashi, will be in the rankings. I'm expecting it to be low. It was almost last in the demo. Looking forward to a nice night of gaming with this one!

Anko

Can't believe I'm still stuck at PT selection.

By the way, this is how they seem to be addressing the population disparity.
The reward is based on the rank, followed by the avg. per person rank. Tokyo may have outscored everyone else with their total but they ranked last for average per person.
Allocation is then based on the formula 100/Avg. per person rank. Hence, Tokyo with a laughable 2 boards.
Code:
Rank    PT 	Avg. Per Person Allocation
1 	東京 	47 	        2
2 	神奈川 	24              4
3 	愛知 	5 	        20
4 	埼玉 	4 	        25
5 	大阪 	14 	        7
10 	静岡 	40 	        3
15 	茨城 	21 	        5
20 	福島 	46 	        2
25 	鳥取 	1 	        100
30 	佐賀 	2 	        50
35 	鹿児島 	42 	        2
40 	大分 	31              3
45 	徳島 	20 	        5
特別 	千葉 	3 	        33
As they say, with more people, you will need more resources. Tokyo simply had too many free riders. I'd expect that to change now that it's a paid product though.

Parakeetman

few stuff I read from flying get impressions

-button mashing is gone. Now you can hold the button instead of mashing it

-motion seems same as the demo and trailer

-weapon speed/charging seems to be changed from the demo

-the person is still in early parts of the game and already has 15 costumes

-you know how this game's concept is that you need entitlement/permission to do stuff? Yea you need this as well for button customization lol

-also you can unlock more hairstyles/colors with permission/entitlement.

Thank god for the button mashing removal for the cutting parts.

Parakeetman

Just checking since I'm still in the tutorial but can you change how your accessory (partner) looks at will as well?

Yeah not at the start though, so am guessing as with the other options it needs to be unlocked. There does seem to be an option though I believe but its greyed out.

---

Also added this to the OT for those wanting to get a JP digital copy of the game. Image link that takes you directly to the JPN PlayStation Store page for Freedom Wars.

crinale

Looks like some ppl are getting Divine Punishment quests, that relieves 10k years of sentence. I wonder how difficult those quests are :)

Top Bottom