• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Ganhyun

there's a perk for that?!

Yep. Perks for lots of stuff it seems.

I have a perk that will bring the cops 30% quicker if I make the call, yet I can never find phone parts =/

I got one with a massive 3% cop call in bonus lol

Lol every second counts!

Mine is 11%

Each perk comes in one of 5 levels.

poor, common, uncommon, rare, epic

So lower percentages are likely lower level perks. Also, I think each level of the perk can have slightly different percentages as well. I rolled two of one perk (common level) once and they had slightly different stats, so there is that to think about as well?

Mengetsu

Tempted to pull the trigger on this for PS4. I hear it's patched and stable now?

I'm wondering the same. Huge fan! Been watching these films since I was 6 years old in the eighties. Back then kids could watch anything !
Matchmaking on PS4 has been patched and finds matches in under a minute usually. Xbox patch is in cert testing. I say if you have some friends go for it. Or play in groups like GAF community.

Same here, really hoping this goes on sale during E3.

$55 CAD is insane.

I also play solo and have mic anxiety so that's holding me off too.

I have severe social anxiety and rarely speak on mic when playing online. At launch I would have wholeheartedly recommended this as the community would often joke around and do goofy things while being chased or chasing others. The past two games I have played have been infested with hostility and some of the most toxicity I have seen this side of League of Legends. I have heard people tell others to uninstall or call them things like a waste of life. I have had people make fun of my friends and I just for being in a group. I, as Jason, have been trash talked to infinity. People get so damn aggressive for no reason, like your entire worth as a person relies on game performance. There is a great game here underneath it all but people are ruining it.

jviggy43

My new pet peeve is people who go into buildings but don't close doors. I think people don't realize that opens the door for Jason to shift into buildings.
Seriously played a game where a guy left every door open in an area. Like all 4 cabins just doors wide open. Like what were you brought up in a barn?

Also to the hit box complaints, make sure you always ALWAYS lock onto Jason and enter combat stance before trying to swing at him.

Tempted to pull the trigger on this for PS4. I hear it's patched and stable now?

Indeed it is. My advice, try to avoid quickplay though. Join the PS4 GAF community and try your best to play games with people from here. My experience with QuickPlay has been pretty bad.

HiiiLife

The hit registration in the game is pretty awful, mixed in with all the moments that Jason is considered invincible, it makes for a janky feeling combat.

Yeah that sometimes happens and it's especially annoying when you have a bat and the shots should be connecting

It's even more annoying when you pick heavy hitters like Bugsy or Adam, melee perks stacked, have everything timed correctly, only to swing multiple times and none of it connects. "Jank" can only be "charming" for so long till shit like that happens so often. I see no reason to switch up my playstyles from my usual stealthy games as AJ, Tiffany or Deborah.

Always pays to dress sharp.

For some reason, this made me realize that pre-zombie Jason shat. Like, he took shits like the rest of us. Weird.

Speaking of taking shits, I love your name.

I think him lacing and tying his boots is the funniest thing to picture.

Quick play matchmaking times on PS4 are vastly improved post patch. The game really shines when you co-op & communicate with other players - the ps4 Community is great for teaming up. But I still find it fun to play solo in quick play as well.

chaosaeon

Just been Jason 3 times in 4 consecutive games, by the third time I was like fuck sake!

Oh how awfulll for yoou /s. I have him as my preference and get him an average of once every 10 hours of play time. Been playing into the wee hours of the morning, got him once all night. And every night it's the same. Randoms who join the lobby get him as soon as they enter, people in my group get picked a second or even third time ahead of me. Say I'm using Pt 3 Jason, and there is only one other person in the lobby using that one. If the match starts and shows Pt 3 Jason, I don't even get hyped anymore because it's always the other person.

Kintaco

Yeah, you mostly just need to buy time and get some distance from him before he unlocks shift. It just seems like any time I run into Jason in the really early-game stages they just never leave you alone. I usually just try to run towards a group of people to hopefully shake him off.
Happened to me this morning, it sucks but just gotta buy time. I always talk and pretend like I'm talking to people telling them to hurry up and get car or call cops because he's tunneling on me. Worked beautifully this morning because after I said that they did call the cops so he left me alone. I was able to escape without ever seeing another counselor until I met one at the exit.

dano1

A Sheep
I have severe social anxiety and rarely speak on mic when playing online. At launch I would have wholeheartedly recommended this as the community would often joke around and do goofy things while being chased or chasing others. The past two games I have played have been infested with hostility and some of the most toxicity I have seen this side of League of Legends. I have heard people tell others to uninstall or call them things like a waste of life. I have had people make fun of my friends and I just for being in a group. I, as Jason, have been trash talked to infinity. People get so damn aggressive for no reason, like your entire worth as a person relies on game performance. There is a great game here underneath it all but people are ruining it.

Isn't there a way to mute players?

Plus why do you let complete idiots bother you? I think it's funny to see how mad people get😂

HiiiLife

Recently subscribed to dead meat on YouTube and laughing all over again at the deaths from these movies. Spear Jason is awesome.

Worst game ever for me. The Jason didn't even walk to pick up the 2 knives in the shack. He just immediately ported to the blue car, where I spawned, 5 feet away from me and before I crawled into the first window he was swinging at me. Actually connected his shot and I limped towards a flare gun as he opened the door. He was not expecting it and of course I shoot and my flare hits the corner of a wall as I get greeted by "+5 Marked" and not a Stunned Jason. I'm promptly grabbed and asphyxiated within 20 seconds of the game.

What made it hurt even worse is that particular Jason just sucked balls the rest of the match. But RNG was a filthy beast to me that game.

Dinosur

Indeed it is. My advice, try to avoid quickplay though. Join the PS4 GAF community and try your best to play games with people from here. My experience with QuickPlay has been pretty bad.

Is the ps4 group called "Friday the 13th NeoGAF"? I finally just bought the game and joined it but doesn't look like it has had any activity in a couple days. Never used communities to do anything though so I could just be dumb.

Is Jenny Myers really good? I see a lot of people playing her (at least on PC)
I use her almost exclusively. I sometimes don't exactly know how fear/composure/stealth works, but I find myself able to stay off Jason's radar very easily with Jenny due to her 10/10 composure. As long as I jog and don't stay in one cabin for too long, I usually don't run into Jason often until around ten minutes into the round.

def sim

Getting matched with a group of, what sounded like, streamers made for a good set of games. Times like that make me prefer playing as a counselor for sure.

After running into a streak of Jasons that knew how to teleport grab a few days ago I decided to swear it off, that shit is just flat out not fun to go against. Took a bit of adjustment but overall I think it's a more entertaining way to play, it's also nice that the my Jason matches last more than a few minutes now.

As an aside a counselor finally escaped from me. It took 25 hours, but it happened. Funnily enough it was also the first game anyone had even gotten a vehicle started against me.

Tiffany >>>>>>> Jenny

AJ people, AJ. 7 Composure, 10 Stealth.

tumblr_nbsq7jX3oM1shsq9jo6_400.gif

Majora

Tiffany's 1/10 repair stat makes her unusable for me. Takes her about a minute to repair shit, with lots of errors along the way.

They really need to fix that glitch which lets people climb into an unreachable position in the two storey house. Saw people use it in the past two games.

HiiiLife

I usually Tiffany as an errand girl dropping items for people to use.

Unless there's keys.

I'll secretly keep them and drive off :)

Edit 1: Whatever perk let's you take less damage is ridiculous. I swore I hit AJ over 14 times.

Edit 2: breaking news. I found a game through quick match.
it crashed 15 minutes in tho

Majora

Am I imagining things or have they quietly made some balance changes? I've played almost exclusively as AJ so a couple of these have just stood out to me.

Things I think I've noticed or I may be going crazy:

- AJ's repair usually gave you three quite slow and wide QTEs. Now there's 4 and and it goes faster and one of the 4 is quite small. I rarely used to mess repair up with AJ but it feels harder now.

- AJ now makes noise when just jogging normally. Watch the minimap and every 10 seconds or so a small circle appears for a couple of seconds. Previously I've seen people claim that she made no noise whatsoever.

- There seem to be a lot more maps now? When I first started they seemed to be somewhat rare so I used the perk where you start with one. But I now I find them everywhere and the perk seems kind of pointless.

Voorhees

Shoot me a friend request PSN Voorhees

We usually have a GAF group or private match going on at night with just cool, chill people who enjoy the game.

Pilgrimzero

I had people talking shit to me as I played Jason. It felt so so so good when I killed them.

It's getting really annoying how many rage quitters there are in the community. I feel that it just demoralizes the whole game and encourages other people to quit.

I know the devs can't actually do anything about that but still peeves me :/

Spman2099

It's getting really annoying how many rage quitters there are in the community. I feel that it just demoralizes the whole game and encourages other people to quit.

I know the devs can't actually do anything about that but still peeves me :/

Don't let the devs off too easy... they could do something about it.

Spman2099

Maybe I'm just not creative but what did you have in mind? I feel like punishing rage quitters would just make the players angrier.

I think the best system would be a timeout system. Disconnect and you are locked out for an hour. Not the best system ever designed, but simple enough.

I am at the point where I actually miss the old matchmaking. It was such a fucking nightmare getting a match, but when you got one everyone clung to it for dear life. Everyone is quitting now. I just had a Jason quit because he couldn't find the last two councilors remaining. The previous match I had a host quit because he died early. This shitty behavior is killing the game.

Top Bottom