• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Maybe I'm just not creative but what did you have in mind? I feel like punishing rage quitters would just make the players angrier.

If someone's angry enough to rage quit and not want to play, wouldn't making them angrier help the problem? Along the lines of "Fuck this! Now I can't play either!? Fine I'm done!".

I would think it would help get rid of the people that are pissed off enough to rage out.

You should be allowed a DC or two a day though. You can't penalize people who might have an actual internet issue, but if there's a trend on the same account, you would assume they're just quitting to quit.

quickwhips

Had the best game last night Jason was chasing me and I yelled fuck off jason and he said ok sorry and walked away. I couldn't stop laughing.

I think the best system would be a timeout system. Disconnect and you are locked out for an hour. Not the best system ever designed, but simple enough.

I am at the point where I actually miss the old matchmaking. It was such a fucking nightmare getting a match, but when you got one everyone clung to it for dear life. Everyone is quitting now. I just had a Jason quit because he couldn't find the last two councilors remaining. The previous match I had a host quit because he died early. This shitty behavior is killing the game.
Lol, I know what you mean. The fast matchmaking might actually be contributing to the problem. The people who die early and then quit are probably figuring out that it might be faster to quit and join a new game then it is to stick around for another 10-15 minutes in that game for minimal points.

Maybe I'm just not creative but what did you have in mind? I feel like punishing rage quitters would just make the players angrier.

It's quite easy actually. The main people "quitting" are doing it so that they get another chance at being Jason quicker. They just need to keep track through your profile of games you have completed. The more games you have completed in a row the higher chance of you becoming Jason. So each completed game lets say gives you a bonus 5-10% chance. Once you are picked as Jason it goes back to default. If you DC or Ragequit it goes back to default. Those are the only times it resets so people who play 1 or 2 games a day don't get harmed by it.

I guarantee you overnight you'd see the problem of quitters go away. I do also think the bonus XP should be closer to 1k but that's not the main driver for people quitting the moment they die.

Spman2099

Just installed. How can I get into the GAF group?

Are you on the PS4? If so, search "Friday the 13th NeoGAF" in the communities tab.

It's quite easy actually. The main people "quitting" are doing it so that they get another chance at being Jason quicker. They just need to keep track through your profile of games you have completed. The more games you have completed in a row the higher chance of you becoming Jason. So each completed game lets say gives you a bonus 5-10% chance. Once you are picked as Jason it goes back to default. If you DC or Ragequit it goes back to default. Those are the only times it resets so people who play 1 or 2 games a day don't get harmed by it.

I guarantee you overnight you'd see the problem of quitters go away. I do also think the bonus XP should be closer to 1k but that's not the main driver for people quitting the moment they die.

I think that is a wonderfully nuanced idea. Add to it the timeout penalty and I think you would only see a DC when people's internet cut out.

It's quite easy actually. The main people "quitting" are doing it so that they get another chance at being Jason quicker.
The quitters I'm talking about are the ones who quit right when their caught or die by Jason. Just today, I had several counselors quit right in the middle of my executions.

But you're right we also should have incentives to stop people quitting cause they didn't become Jason.

The quitters I'm talking about are the ones who quit right when their caught or die by Jason. Just today, I had several counselors quit right in the middle of my executions.

But you're right we also should have incentives to stop people quitting cause they didn't become Jason.

Believe me those people and the ones that don't get Jason immediately are one in the same. If quitting affected their chances at becoming Jason they'd either stop playing altogether or stop quitting.

Given that I do believe in a couple more weeks only the people who truly enjoy all aspects of this game will still be around which would make the experience all around more enjoyable.

cr0w

Old Member
I had the funniest damn match earlier today on PC. One guy's name was Ghostbuster Jarvis, and I think he got killed first and came back as Tommy. The entire time, he was just blaring the Ghostbusters theme, and he and two other counselors spent the final 7 minutes of the match trolling the shit out of Jason. Stunning him one by one, running and getting new weapons when one of them broke, teabagging/dancing over him whenever he was on the ground, and just making his life miserable.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

On PC I've noticed more people quitting right away when they don't get picked as Jason. I'd still say the community is mostly fine, but there should be some system to deal with these sore losers.

Like really, are there players who only want to play Jason? You're missing out most of the experience. And playing as a counselor and spectating players helps you be a better Jason.

Alchemist

So, is this game legit or are we looking at another Evolve here? Streams make it fun but I don't wanna buy it digital and dies a couple of weeks (PS4).

cr0w

Old Member
On PC I've noticed more people quitting right away when they don't get picked as Jason. I'd still say the community is mostly fine, but there should be some system to deal with these sore losers.

Like really, are there players who only want to play Jason? You're missing out most of the experience. And playing as a counselor and spectating players helps you be a better Jason.

I've noticed overall shittier people on PC than I have on PS4. Seems like every other game, someone's only objective is to troll and be an asshole. Had someone earlier who had keys for the car, so after I put the battery and gas in, they started it and once three other people piled in, they just waited for Jason to show up and let him pick people off out of the car one by one, not even attempting to drive away. Couple of us tried to run away and he ran one over.

Nudull

Banned
Bought and installed on my PS4. :)

Did a quick match as Jason and had a ton of fun. Managed to kill half of the team (though one ragequitted).

quickwhips

Believe me those people and the ones that don't get Jason immediately are one in the same. If quitting affected their chances at becoming Jason they'd either stop playing altogether or stop quitting.

Given that I do believe in a couple more weeks only the people who truly enjoy all aspects of this game will still be around which would make the experience all around more enjoyable.
I don't think that is true. Most people I have seen quit just quit because they died first. Doesn't happened in lfg games.
I think when you die maybe you should be able to put a needed item in an a building or become a ghost to slow down jason like a hand from jason goes to hell maybe.

Nudull

Banned
Anyone else find it annoying when a counselor stands still with a weapon for moments on end just to hit Jason before running away, especially when there's a barricaded door in front of Jason and they could've easily escaped regardless?

Anyone else find it annoying when a counselor stands still with a weapon for moments on end just to hit Jason before running away, especially when there's a barricaded door in front of Jason and they could've easily escaped regardless?
Pick Jason part 9 and that'll stop happening. Or just wait until the hit box registration fucks them over.

I noticed spear Jason is also a good counter to armed counselors since his weapon has quite a bit of range to it.

Spman2099

That is just a good strategy...

Spman2099

Not when you're the sole person in the building. I'd understand if people were just buying time for the others, but I've seen people doing the former.

But it gives you more time to get away. Also, wasting Jason's time is always buying time for other players. If you are wasting Jason's time you are a hero.

Zombine

Banned
Played with an Asian guy who spoke next to no English. He kept following me and when I would speak to him he would say "Okay babe." In an amazing accent. I bust out laughing more than once. We hid and walked to the police and he said "Thank you babe."

I guess a bunch of new people must be playing this weekend because I've gotten Jason a bunch and I can only imagine it's because they haven't set their preference.

I guess a bunch of new people must be playing this weekend because I've gotten Jason a bunch and I can only imagine it's because they haven't set their preference.

I really think the preference makes little to no difference. Small example, I've had prefer Jason since the start and have hit Level 14 playing him once, my friend and I have played at least 10+ matches today alone and he's been Jason 5 times without choosing a preference.

My biggest gripe now outside of the regularly awful hit detection is getting killed in the first 2-3 minutes of a match, I feel that not allowing Jason to morph right at the start would counter that pretty easily.

HiiiLife

Love getting lobbied up with people who say I play cheap as Jason because I swipe instead of grab. Lol. Why would I entertain you and your pocket knife?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Love getting lobbied up with people who say I play cheap as Jason because I swipe instead of grab. Lol. Why would I entertain you and your pocket knife?
People are babies.

I really think the preference makes little to no difference. Small example, I've had prefer Jason since the start and have hit Level 14 playing him once, my friend and I have played at least 10+ matches today alone and he's been Jason 5 times without choosing a preference.

My biggest gripe now outside of the regularly awful hit detection is getting killed in the first 2-3 minutes of a match, I feel that not allowing Jason to morph right at the start would counter that pretty easily.
That would be awful. It would severely handicap Jason players with a heavy Trap game in the early going.

zeemumu

I love it when someone is running from Jason and they bring him right towards other people. It is the best thing ever! /s

tumblr_inline_nu2i6yjIfQ1s9sf7l_500.gif

The best thing is when some people legit hide for 15+ minutes in a closet, under a bed, in an outhouse etc... what's the fun in that? I don't get it at all. And the better part is when Jason can't find it. So much fun to watch it after you die or escape :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Nudull

Banned
The best thing is when some people legit hide for 15+ minutes in a closet, under a bed, in an outhouse etc... what's the fun in that? I don't get it at all. And the better part is when Jason can't find it. So much fun to watch it after you die or escape :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Had someone swim all the way out and make everyone wait out the match, long after everyone else died and Jason couldn't find her. Fun. :)

Spman2099

If everyone else is dead, or has escaped, and I have searched a ton of cabins without finding anything to help me get the car or boat running, I am hiding. I ain't going out on my shield for your entertainment. I'm in it to win it, baby.

Malalaw

Did my first escape by reversing the entire way to the exit. Felt great lol. The one teammate who died couldnt get a seat in the car so his death was our fault so of course he calls us bitches because why not 🤔

How many environment kills are there? I've seen like 2 since most Jason's just use a regular grab kill for time efficiency.

I know there is the sleeping bag One, the fire place one. Coat hanger one. Thrown through a window. Campfire One, one where you throw the counsellor against a wall then stamp on their back while they lay on the floor. Any others?

cucuchu

How many environment kills are there? I've seen like 2 since most Jason's just use a regular grab kill for time efficiency.

I know there is the sleeping bag One, the fire place one. Coat hanger one. Thrown through a window. Campfire One, one where you throw the counsellor against a wall then stamp on their back while they lay on the floor. Any others?

Crush head against wall is one. Pretty sure I remember one involving impaling on a tree branch. Quite a bit actually.

lupinko

My computer is from 2010, basically I can run Blizzard games which doesn't say much.

Should I get this on PS4 or PC, the pc is future proofed and is currently $10 cheaper when it comes to prices for Canucks like me.

Top Bottom