• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

FinFan

It's a sincere apology but man. I'm bout to just shelf this. Always behind.

By the time they get this patched up there will be no one left to play with on Xbox. I think I'm done. I should have twice the Level and CP than I have due to all the crashes.

Tek

It's another day or two for a free gift. We will survive.

I understand, I mean I've been pretty patient and still really enjoy the game despite the numerous crashes. I plan to buy whatever dlc drops to support this game. Still it is slightly annoying to hear about this free update with a new Jason and one platform gets the shaft while the others get to enjoy the apology content. I mean I wouldn't care if I was a ps4 owner of this game, but it is lame that others get to enjoy this while Xbox gamers might have to wait until late this week or next week...

Sooooo with that being said any idea on dead by daylight is running on Xbox? I don't need another game with issues like this.

I understand, I mean I've been pretty patient and still really enjoy the game despite the numerous crashes. I plan to buy whatever dlc drops to support this game. Still it is slightly annoying to hear about this free update with a new Jason and one platform gets the shaft while the others get to enjoy the apology content. I mean I wouldn't care if I was a ps4 owner of this game, but it is lame that others get to enjoy this while Xbox gamers might have to wait until late this week or next week...

Sooooo with that being said any idea on dead by daylight is running on Xbox? I don't need another game with issues like this.
My main takeaway is that the memory leak may get fixed. I'm focusing on the positive!

So just got killed by new Jason. All in its pretty lame but its free so whatever. It's a complete reskin of 3, no new kills as far as I can tell, you literally go to part 3 Jason and and press R3 to change skin.

Even when the intro video of that poor dude being killed played it showed standard part 3 jason. It's free so whatever but I would have preferred to have waited longer and got a better new Jason.

The outfits are cool though!

HiiiLife

It's another day or two for a free gift. We will survive.

A lot of people have lost xp or not been getting their xp with the amount of time they've put in. Giving us our xp we haven't been earning was the least they could've done. It's not like we didn't spend 40 bucks on this. The costumes and Jason and apology are classy, however.

Ummm, the people playing the consoulers and hiding on objects that Jason can't reach....

Wasn't there an infinite stamina glitch too? Yeah this game definitely looked rough around the edges when I watched streams...

...but it also looked fun as hell. Like I've wanted to buy it for so long, so with the 15 back, seems like a good time to get it still early-ish.

Wasn't there an infinite stamina glitch too? Yeah this game definitely looked rough around the edges when I watched streams...

...but it also looked fun as hell. Like I've wanted to buy it for so long, so with the 15 back, seems like a good time to get it still early-ish.

Yeah I'd recommend picking it up. It's buggy but fun.

HiiiLife

By the time they get this patched up there will be no one left to play with on Xbox. I think I'm done. I should have twice the Level and CP than I have due to all the crashes.

Same. Like I said, giving users who have been playing since launch, should be getting their cp and levels. Double xp weekend sounds fun, imagine matches still crashing tho lol.

Last 2 days been getting nothing but connetion timed out in the middle of a match. I was jason yesterday when that happened. Very frustrating. Just had it happen again now.

The Update.

Update: The Update is Going Live for PS4 and Steam Users. Should be live around 30min after this post.

However, a note directly from studio head Wes Keltner for Xbox One Users in regards to the continued crashes and the lack of patch for today.

"I wanted to take a moment to update our Xbox One Users. Both on the current state of the build and the imminent “Retro Jason” patch.

Retro Jason Patch

Unfortunately, our patch that was to include the Retro Jason has not passed certification for Xbox One. This was due in part to some instability of the new content AND the memory leak issue mentioned below. This is an unfortunate turn of events, as we had hoped to add the skin and content while continuing to work on these issues, however, this has become our top priority for Xbox One users. We’ve narrowed some memory leak crashes down, and we are currently back in certification and are hoping to have the new content out to you just as soon as we can, however, we are not certain when that will be.

Crashes

The XB1 build of the game has been unstable since launch. I know, I know..tell you something you don’t know, right? The problem is a memory leak in the engine, and our guys are working to fix this leak. I know it appears on the surface that PC and PS4 players are getting some favoritism on this front, but that’s not true. We have been working very hard on the XB1 version, this has just been a tougher problem to track down. When we test internally, we can play the game for 15-20 matches in a row on XB1 and only have one player crash out. On the exact same build, we can test again and get 3-4 players crashing out after only a few matches. Again, this all points to a memory leak.

So what is a memory leak?

Basically, when a program (in our case a game) uses memory, it is supposed to “release” said memory when not in use. When a leak occurs, memory is not being released properly or in some cases at all. Almost every game suffers from this, but they are usually so small, that the end user doesn’t notice it. Ours is very noticeable. We’ve narrowed some down and have fixed them but there are more. We are actively working on finding and fixing them as fast as we can. I wish we knew the exact amount of time required to fix it, but at times can be like a needle in a haystack. But we’re getting some outside help, from other colleagues in the industry that have had this identical problem. This in an effort to speed it up, or at least avoid some hurdles getting to the root of the problem.

What we Know

Here’s what we do know. We failed certification, we then immediately put in some quick fixes and re-submitted for certification with MS early this morning. Tomorrow morning (Wednesday) we will get an update from MS on this patch. If everything checks out and we pass, then Retro Jason will be available within that patch. This could be same day or Thursday morning. However, if we fail certification again, we will continue to work on fixes to get this content out ASAP.

I want to personally apologize to all XB players. Both for the memory leak causing all the crashes, for the bad matchmaking, and for this content delay. We were very excited to get XB players this awesome update, as you all deserve some cool stuff, given the circumstances. This is on me and I’m sorry. We’re doing our best to make it right, just as fast as we can. As soon as I know more, you will know more. You are our priority right now, and few of us are sleeping until we solve it.

-W"
I'm glad that I was wrong, and they've are getting this out of time. I was starting to have flashbacks to launch weekend.

Yikes that traitor penalty is fucking nuts. 1000xp is ridiculous, just walked away with 1xp from a match because of it. Because as I was lining up a shot at Jason someone decides it's a good time to run between Jason and I.

ryan13ts

It's a sincere apology but man. I'm bout to just shelf this. Always behind.

Same here. I'm NEVER buying a multiplatform multiplayer title like this on Xbox ever again, been burned too many times (Mainly because of MS's absolute ridiculous certification process). It seems like they're trying sincerely to fix the X1 version, but I'm almost over this game completely because of the constant problems while other systems get regular updates and (semi)stable gameplay.

If it weren't for the fact that most of my online friends are on Xbox, I'd just go buy the PS4 version and never touch the Xbox one again.

Yikes that traitor penalty is fucking nuts. 1000xp is ridiculous, just walked away with 1xp from a match because of it. Because as I was lining up a shot at Jason someone decides it's a good time to run between Jason and I.

Bad situation vit I am 100% behind the penalty. Trolls are rampant in this game.

Linkin112

Well...this just happened lol
qFYdvBZ.gif

HiiiLife

So I have been so obssessed with this game the last couple weeks I've even started thinking about random shit like..

if the counsellors in the game were the cast of characters in a new Friday the 13th movie who is the main character?

For me the two that stand out as possible final girls are Jenny and AJ but Jenny is just a bit too bland for me so I would go with AJ as the final girl and lead character on Friday the 13th The Game The Movie.

I would have Jenny start out seeming like she is the main girl, only for her to be killed off early on, the other kids oblivious to the fact she's gone. AJ being a bit different and alternative is seen as an outsider by the others and Chad the preppy douche has a bet on with Kenny and Brandon to see who can sleep with her first. Except Kenny is turns out really starts to like AJ.

Tiffany has a thing for Brandon which makes her immediately dislike AJ. JR pines after Tiffany and is to blind to realise the secret under appreciated hottie Deborah has a thing for him!

Vanessa is to busy training for track to be romantically involved with anyone and Adam.. maybe he is a platonic friend of AJ's.

Yeah.. I've been thnking to much about all of this lol.
Cool but where's PharMercy.

Watching part 4 now, they need to make this a map, like Higgens Haven and Packaknack Lodge it can be essentially the same wooded map with The Jarvis house and the house the teens stay in as they yellow main buildings on the map with cabins dotted around.

Ganhyun

The Facebook post on the XB1 issues is getting slammed by angry users.

Im guessing the best thing to come out of this is they are getting outside help to fix it since they obviously haven't been able to.

Linkin112

Why is that? I don't know much about the game other than it is similar to this.
I don't care for it because it's only 1v4 compared to Friday's 1v7. Also felt like it didn't look as interesting as this game, even if it plays better technically.

Watching part 4 now, they need to make this a map, like Higgens Haven and Packaknack Lodge it can be essentially the same wooded map with The Jarvis house and the house the teens stay in as they yellow main buildings on the map with cabins dotted around.

Yea, I imagine most of the movies will be represented. I'm really hoping for Jason Takes Manhattan. Trapped on a boat with Jason and you have to get one of the lifeguard boats going.

If they had the budget, it would be amazing, if the first 15 minutes of the match were on the boat and then you get to run through NYC and get to the safe zone before Jason gets ya! It would also reflect the movie exactly how it was, time wise haha.

Ganhyun

Just purposely team killed for the first time.

Was setting up houses and was by myself as all but one guy spawned on the other side of the map. Guy dies and comes back as Tommy. Hes buddies with the guy near me so he books to him. No big. They both come to my cabin and he shoots me and they both teabag me and laugh.

Next game I start beating his buddy up and he comes running to save him. They both refuse to talk until the very end when I kill the guy who originally killed me. He pitched a fit.

So, if you play on XB1, avoid Old Man Gilbert and Big Red Gilbert.

Hi guys

I see they still haven't fixed the bug where if Jason sometimes get stunned is attacks stop working

But in anyway just thought I'll add in if not said already if playing with friends turning music completely off makes the game really fucking scary lol legit jump scares

Same here. I'm NEVER buying a multiplatform multiplayer title like this on Xbox ever again, been burned too many times (Mainly because of MS's absolute ridiculous certification process). It seems like they're trying sincerely to fix the X1 version, but I'm almost over this game completely because of the constant problems while other systems get regular updates and (semi)stable gameplay.

If it weren't for the fact that most of my online friends are on Xbox, I'd just go buy the PS4 version and never touch the Xbox one again.
I get the frustration, but it's not like this happens with regularity. This game has been half-busted on consoles from day one as a result of the developer/publisher insistence on releasing in such an unfinished state. That's the real problem. This game has been at the top of digital store charts since release, so I don't think the community is exactly dying yet, but this newest delay isn't helping.

JarrodL

This should be a thing to fix the early leavers and kill credit prevention:

1) If someone leaves early after not getting Jason, he's penalized by automatically not being Jason in their next game round.
2) Jason should always get kill credit if someone leaves when grabbed.

//ARCANUM

It's kinda of amazing seeing the openness of the devs, but at the same time seeing them say things in a way that you'd really hope they would know difinitively. Example:

"As for Azura. Yes I'm aware of that service, but we use AWS on PC and everything is plugged in there (when you see the database sign in that's hitting AWS), so it just makes since to keep everything there. As for being free...that's the first I've heard of that. If MS did that, it would be amazing. But I seriously doubt they would give that service away for free, I could be wrong...but for reference...launch weekend, dedicated servers on PC for F13 was $50K. So I don't foresee MS giving that kinda service away for free. " - Wes

The fact that he doesn't know about this program or difinitvely have an answer when his game is released on that platform is kinda O_O

Anyone else's perks not working? After the update I can't get my walkie talkie and firecracker perk to work. This game is maddening. I really enjoy playing, but dammit they fix two things and then something else breaks... :(

I also feel like they dropped the ball with retro Jason. I love the music and color, but he looks too clean. They should have made him all pixelated and change his weapon too, looks kind of weird with it not being retro.

Top Bottom