• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Batman AK Season Pass content revealed

AdaWong

I still cant believe Catwoman is 100% functional in campaign.

She can climb buildings, use her whip to grapple, fights thugs AND the thugs comment ("Catwoman's here!" "Who let Catwoman in here?!") when she fights them. The only thing she can't do is use the Batmobile.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b94cG8R2cPQ

c0Zm1c

Nobody is entitled to a free season pass, but good luck to WB getting people to buy or re-buy the game on PC as-is.

I'll re-buy it, in a Steam sale a couple of years from now when the game and all the DLC is all included in the GOTY edition for £5.

CRcnniwU8AAzNxW.jpg:large

ZeroX03

Banned

Was $30 if you preordered.

She can climb buildings, use her whip to grapple, fights thugs AND the thugs comment ("Catwoman's here!" "Who let Catwoman in here?!") when she fights them. The only thing she can't do is use the Batmobile.

Rocksteady knew how badly people wanted free roam in City with other characters, and not only did they not include it in Knight they took away character select in challenges. At least we got that back but man are they out of touch with the fan base in some respects.

I'm half expecting Freeze and/or Killer Croc to be Batmobile boss fights, tbh.

Wonder how Ra's could play out, though.

If the content was created after the actually release I would hope that they saw the criticism with the heavy batmobile battles and addressed it. But who knows, this could of also been started towards the end of the games production.

Arttemis

Jesus. That mod is more appealing to me than any of the DLC released so far, and probably to come. The only thing they have slated that would possibly even interest me is the 'expansion'. They legitimately need to add some bossfights to the campaign, and I'm hoping that's what they're working on. After that, release freeroam for every playable character.

Jesus. That mod is more appealing to me than any of the DLC released so far, and probably to come. The only thing they have slated that would possibly even interest me is the 'expansion'. They legitimately need to add some bossfights to the campaign, and I'm hoping that's what they're working on. After that, release freeroam for every playable character.

and co-op

Mifec

It's a great game and it will hopefully be rereleased in a well performing package, that's enough. Anything else is gravy but I'm not asking for anything.

Can a game with a terrible story really be called great, I just found it ok? The story in a vacuum is just ok I guess if we compare it to actual Batman stories it's downright terrible, worse than Hush or TDK:R.

December lookin' good, fam.

Other than that, I feel ripped off. The Season Pass was really, really not worth it all things considered.

Can a game with a terrible story really be called great, I just found it ok? The story in a vacuum is just ok I guess if we compare it to actual Batman stories it's downright terrible, worse than Hush or TDK:R.
How was it worse than TDK:R? It WAS TDK:R.

- Bruce is older, a little beaten down from events that occurred beforehand.

- Someone loosely involved in his past suddenly arises as a relevant threat and is the main villain but unbeknownst to the audience until the final chapter, even though everyone called it was them way before their true identity was revealed.

- The "big villian" was really just a pawn.

- Bruce overcomes his morality and inner demon struggle and becomes the hero Gotham needs and stops the villian at any cost.

- Bruce fakes his own death to live away from the Batman legend since everyone in Gotham basically knows that he's Batman.

A copy and pasted paper can't be any worse than the original version.

And I loved the story of both so, fuck me right?

Plasma

Banned
I just don't understand this approach to season passes why not go back to making expansions for games like there used to be for PC games. One big chunk of story content would be so much better than lots of liitle side missions, skins and vehicles.

They might be talking about the gameplay. The entire Arkham series has had questionable-to-terrible stories, so it's understandable for someone to care more about the gameplay in this instance.

MetalSlug

It's a shame that the challenge maps have been placed inside of the season pass. The base game has barely any compared to previous games.

The December stuff sounds pretty nice. If they're meaty missions, I'd be okay with the $30 price tag. I wish they'd add an update to use the other characters while free roaming. Just do it, WB.

I'm just going to get the GOTY edition when it rolls around in March or February. Should be pretty packed for a decent price.

Yeah, if nothing else, the GoTY edition will definitely give you bang for your buck. Arkham City's GoTY Edition had fantastic value for the price offered.

If the content was created after the actually release I would hope that they saw the criticism with the heavy batmobile battles and addressed it. But who knows, this could of also been started towards the end of the games production.
Hopefully. We'll see, I guess.

Did't Rocksteady originally say that there would be a new gadget or two for SoI? I wonder if that's still on the table.

Arttemis

Can I cruise the streets of Gotham in the Tumbler with the TDK skin while having Molossus playing?

Once you clear out the drones, you can use DLC batmobile skins. They can't transform into any kind of tank mode or use any tank mode abilities because WB is too lazy to create that animation and design, so you'll have to make do with the singular form without any means of firing a weapon.

DMczaf

Once you clear out the drones, you can use DLC batmobile skins. They can't transform into any kind of tank mode or use any tank mode abilities because WB is too lazy to create that animation and design, so you'll have to make do with the singular form without any means of firing a weapon.

*scust*

So this is the actual missions, no skins, tracks or AR:

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

- Arkham Episode: Catwoman’s Revenge
Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
- Arkham Episode: A Flip of a Coin, starring Robin
Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps

DECEMBER

- Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion
Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
Mission: Shadow War (Ra’s Al Ghul)

Nice.

Only seven dollars per mission! What a bargain!

Knight is one of those games where skins are way too overdone, as someone who played through the game a few times fully for speedruns it's so boring compared to asylum and city, having that many skins to use in the story stuff is borderline dumb and only there because they are most likely the most straight forward thing to make to fill a chart.

Batgirl was alright (and I speedran that too) but it has some interesting bugs which will never be fixed.

harley quinn was ok but super short and pretty much just a few inside rooms strung together, a shame that harley had more indoor combat and excitement then the bloody batman himself in the main game which was nothing but tank combat and outside gliding with a few story visits to the GCPD.

Tsukumo

They won't add that option. Their explanation is that they made Gotham for batman and making it playable for other characters would take them too much time and resources (something like that) because other characters have different movements and abilities.

Sounds like PR talk. They just don't want to optimize the entire map for each character. God forbid they'd spend anymore money for gameplay features: for thing first we need more Arkham Insider videos and more screen time for two of the most ANNOYING PR agents of all time.
Hopefully the modders will get the Tumbler and all other Batmobile versions to work in the main game.

Adding character select to the current challenges is something that should have been there from day 1, at least they are adding that for free.

Most of the season pass is skins, as expected.

I wonder how long the episodes will be, I can't see them being batgirl size and the way they are named makes me think more of a harley quinn approach to a 10-20 minute chunk of story across a small area of rooms.

A Matter of Family was clearly content cut up from Origins sequel.
All the episodes made by Rocksteady are three challenge maps put together with glue.
A Matter of Family had all the distinctive features of Origins:
- glitchy as fuck.
- story is good.
- character design is SUPERIOR.
- enemy types look sick, as if they were straight out of Origins multiplayer. The "motorhead" thugs were one of the biggest letdown in Knight.
- COLORFUL.
- real time cut-scenes mixed with pre-rendered, BLEARGH!

Season of Infamy is probably going to be awesome content going for a 19'90 price-tag.

Anyway. I refuse to believe this entire season pass fiasco was Rockesteady's idea.

Krakn3Dfx

What a bunch of hot garbage. Remember when they said "oh yeah, this season pass is more, but it'll totally be worth it!".

Rocksteady/WB very much now on my list of devs/publishers that I wait and see on.

Arttemis

They won't add that option. Their explanation is that they made Gotham for batman and making it playable for other characters would take them too much time and resources (something like that) because other characters have different movements and abilities.

That's such a load of bullshit. There's already a mod on the bug-riddled PC version that does 90% of the job. I'm sure the developers of the game could pull something off significantly better in half the time than the modder.

Sounds like PR talk. They just don't want to optimize the entire map for each character. God forbid they'd spend anymore money for gameplay features: for thing first we need more Arkham Insider videos and more screen time for two of the most ANNOYING PR agents of all time.
Hopefully the modders will get the Tumbler and all other Batmobile versions to work in the main game.
I don't think they'd have to do anything other than implement existing character-specific animations into free-roam traversal. That player made mod already does 99% of what people would want out of free roam.

A Matter of Family was clearly content cut up from Origins sequel.
All the episodes made by Rocksteady are three challenge maps put together with glue.
A Matter of Family had all the distinctive features of Origins:
- glitchy as fuck.
- story is good.
- character design is SUPERIOR.
- enemy types look sick, as if they were straight out of Origins multiplayer. The "motorhead" thugs were one of the biggest letdown in Knight.
- COLORFUL.
- real time cut-scenes mixed with pre-rendered, BLEARGH!

Season of Infamy is probably going to be awesome content going for a 19'90 price-tag.

Anyway. I refuse to believe this entire season pass fiasco was Rockesteady's idea.

I don't think season passes are ever a dev's idea. Publishers push this kind of shit.

eksy

Banned
I remember back when the SP price was first announced at $40. Everyone was in an uproar. A few days later they tried to quell the noise by revealing the Batgirl story DLC.

There was no way they would have dared to do that with revealing that the SP included a bunch of skins and challenges.

Months after I beat a game I don't give two shits about skins, not that I even care much about them in the first place. Most of them look crap anyway.

Racetracks, AR challenges, are throwaway to me. I have a hard time caring about, let alone putting money down for them if they weren't in some sort of package like a SP.

More story is what we all want, of the same quality (or better) as the retail game. $40 2/3 the price of a retail game, so it should be a few solid hours of quality, not these 15 minute skits.

We need to let them know to shift the content in Season Passes away from costumes which are cosmetic and more towards substantial gameplay with narrative. Especially in a single-player game like this (unlike the other WB published game, MKX which is MP where skins have more use)

Megauap

I will continue waiting for the Complete Edition with all the DLC as it seems there not much "quality" content in the SP.

Top Bottom