• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
^ lol

tumblr_mx33a3d5t71sio3lno1_1280.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's pretty tame.

I always thought pics were okay as long as there were no nudity or sex.

It varies, sometimes pantsu is too much, depending on the angle and obviousness.

I would think huge bust leather fetish furry dominatrix crosses some lines but no mod is brave enough to venture inside here so who knows!

Haly

I don't know the sub equivalent of dominatrix :(

Haly

I'm sorry Farrow I don't want to see you banned :(

Intermittently ;)

There are so many unfixed problems with FA that it puzzles me why so many people use it (Still waiting for that gif thumbnail fix.... two years later).

It seems cyclical. Furnation was "first" (alongside Yerf), and it benefited from "first principle". People used it, because it was the first (and largest) entity they personally experienced upon entry into the fandom. VCL and such was mostly an artdump, where Furnation allowed some expression by just hosting straight up HTML.

Then a new generation of furries came along, and FurAffinity started up, Furnation went down (mismanagement, disinterest, I can't recall, or it just wasn't "cool" anymore), and FA allowed stuff FN didn't, so all the nazi baby diaper inflation vore could get posted there.

FA lasted a long time, mostly due to critical mass and popularity. One can still be accused of "not being a real furry" for not having an FA account, though less so than 5 years ago.

ArtSpots came and tried to be a cleaner, more functional idea, but didn't last, not sure why.

Weasly and SoFurry are next in line, I guess we'll see what happens there. I'd expect one of the two to not last past two years, and the other to succeed FurAffinity, given enough time.

As for why FA doesn't get fixed, well. It changed hands several times, the old guard doesn't like the new guard, infighting, politics, hacks, behind the scenes shenanigans, etc, etc. People assume FA is a business, but it's just a site run by some guys, who use the ad/donation funds for whatever they see fit.

Wilsongt

It seems cyclical. Furnation was first (alongside Yerf), and it benefited from "first principle". People used it, because it was the first (and largest) entity they saw.

Then a new generation of furries came along, and FurAffinity started up, Furnation went down (mismanagement, disinterest, I can't recall, or it just wasn't "cool" anymore), and FA allowed stuff FN didn't, so all the nazi baby diaper inflation vore could get posted there.

FA lasted a long time, mostly due to critical mass and popularity. One can still be accused of "not being a real furry" for not having an FA account, though less so than 5 years ago.

ArtSpots came and tried to be a cleaner, more functional idea, but didn't last, not sure why.

Weasly and SoFurry are next in line, I guess we'll see what happens there. I'd expect one of the two to not last past two years, and the other to succeed FurAffinity, given enough time.

As for why FA doesn't get fixed, well. It changed hands several times, the old guard doesn't like the new guard, infighting, politics, hacks, behind the scenes shenanigans, etc, etc. People assume FA is a business, but it's just a site run by some guys, who use the ad/donation funds for whatever they see fit.

I remember VCL... Furnation... Yiffstar... All of that stuff. Also when Y! Gallery allowed fur before they got all up in arms about it.

I remember VCL... Furnation... Yiffstar... All of that stuff. Also when Y! Gallery allowed fur before they got all up in arms about it.

SoFurry is Yiffstar

EDIT: Beaten.

I've used them all over the years. And none of them come close to Weasyl in technical terms, structure and ease of use. So I'm hoping that it becomes more popular over time (It's certainly had a huge boost this week)

This cold war is getting hot lol.

kyfA2uP.jpg

Seriously though. How many times do FA think they can get away with their antiquated system failing over and over before people wise up and go elsewhere? This has been going on for years and it still isn't fixed.

Haly

So how much money can I make if I deploy a furry art archive with a modernized backend?

Depends on how many adblocks you put in, but not a whole lot. There's a reason most furry sites spring up from people working in IT and who have access to servers they can appropriate, etc.

Haly

Well, I guess I don't need to regret falling asleep during my web dev classes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seriously though. How many times do FA think they can get away with their antiquated system failing over and over before people wise up and go elsewhere? This has been going on for years and it still isn't fixed.
Hey, they put up rudimentary hotlink protection within the past year! PROGRESS!

FA is pretty shit, but it's had the benefit of momentum. Hopefully that changes.

CHEEZMO™;93524739 said:
I've been meaning to ask if there's another meet on Saturday.

Yup. Usual time and place.

I was going to wait until the January one because there was just the Main one the other week. But I'm bored and want to take some pics :p

Top Bottom