• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

I wanna see the creation process!

I'll be taking work in progress shots as I go. I'll post them here when I have enough :)

I've made the horns already. It's become a tratition to do them first lol.

I rushed my current one because I needed it for my videos (See my avatar). And it was my first attempt at a head. So I was never that happy with it. I'm making the new one to look more fox-like.

CHEEZMO™;93669787 said:
Had a fukken mint day.

Nobody says that unless they got laid. Did you get laid?

Also, I decided to give the meet a miss and do some vid work, since it was so stormy outside.

From what people are telling me on FB, I didn't miss much. Which is good XD (For me)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
That was one of them along with Fairytale of New York, a Les Mis song and Flash! Oh, and that song from Mulan.

It was me and about 3 or 4 others, not one of those bigger ones. More fun than it should've been; I never get to sing full volume.

#noshame

CHEEZMO™;93673799 said:
That was one of them along with Fairytale of New York, a Les Mis song and Flash! Oh, and that song from Mulan.

It was me and about 3 or 4 others, not one of those bigger ones. More fun than it should've been; I never get to sing full volume.

Awesome :p Maybe someone caught it on video. I'll keep my eye out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As much as I hate how FA handles the situation, weasyl's actions ain't better and honestly they end up looking more like douchebags. It's really pot calling kettle black when the only thing they can brag is they're online, but their shitty interface isn't something worth noting.

Oh well, more users for SoFurry.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So toonami played summer wars last night and I think king kazma's design is super great.
king_kazma___summer_wars_by_xxjo_11xx-d4bwyoy.png

Boss Doggie

Ahh :p

Actually you have to make muscles look grotesque or cartoony (as Miktar's post is seen) to make it look unappealing for me.

The Nidoking is fine because the muscles are in proportion with each other without looking too freakish and (something a lot of people miss out) the legs are actually involved in muscular definition.

"Never forget the reason for the season: holiday-themed bondage pics of gay reindeer men"

I wanted to post some, but it's impossible to find non-sexual ones.

WMBQyLn.jpg

Boss Doggie

The above character is actually buff. What you consider buff however, actually falls under the lable of "hyper".

Oh trust me, those aren't even hyper. Very detailed sure, but not hyper. That's works of stuff like stagor.

Oh trust me, those aren't even hyper. Very detailed sure, but not hyper. That's works of stuff like stagor.

Your stuff is hyper. The thing is, you've acclimated to it, so you don't even realize it. And yes, there's always artists willing to go even further, usually for the lulz. But just because you can find even more extreme examples, doesn't change the baseline extreme :p

Boss Doggie

Your stuff is hyper. The thing is, you've acclimated to it, so you don't even realize it. And yes, there's always artists willing to go even further, usually for the lulz. But just because you can find even more extreme examples, doesn't change the baseline extreme :p

I'd say there's a difference to toned and very muscular!
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12329566/

Like that feels very muscular but not hyper, much like the nidoking.

Probably because builds like that are pretty common in fighting games and such. Sure maybe because I'm used to it, but I also consider stuff like gross exaggeration and stuff like proportions being unelegant as well to be part of something that is considered hyper.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That parrot makes superheroes look reasonably muscled.

I'd say there's a difference to toned and very muscular!

Totally. But the kind of muscle stuff you often seen drawn by furries tends to be hyper fetishistic and not much else. It ignores everything about how the body actually functions (which is usually a requirement when dealing with fetish artwork, unless the fetish is to be accurate, but that's a total edge-case scenario).

As shown below, there is a huge difference between form vs function in terms of muscles. The type where the muscles buldge, almost to the point of breaking the axis on which limbs rotate, is entirely showy with zero use beyond impressing judges. The functional types of muscles tend not to show bulging on top of the skin, but you can still clearly see them in how the various muscle groups combine.

6v5VLvR.jpg

Don't misunderstand. I'm all for bara - huge fan. And I'm not trying to say your tastes in images are wrong or anything - just discussing how things look from the other side of the fence. Fighting games tend to go for showy muscle structure because they're impressive at a distance, and help with reading the silhouettes of characters. But it's easy to spot art that does hyper-muscle for a *reason*, and art that does it just to impress with surface detail, or to get a rise (lol) out of people who fetish over it without caring how it actually *works*.

Now if a person doesn't care one lick about how muscles, or even body structure, actually functions - sure, I could see how hyperinflated muscles could do it for them. But that to me just says fetish. Which is fine. Nothing wrong with fetish, I got plenty of my own.

that back...

Tell me about it. Hnng.

Anyway, the above image comes from the artist of Manly Guys doing Manly Things (http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/), and is part of a set. If you're at all interested in art/drawing, I recommend giving them a peek:

Boss Doggie

Oh obviously they are not "realistic" if that's what you're getting at. With that said the sizes they've been aren't really "hyper" material to most due to them being actually common in official character design. Something about being drawn making them look "fine". Like say, Doggie in my avatar.

Hyper on the other hand already feels exaggerated even in spite of that.

That parrot makes superheroes look reasonably muscled.

But hawlucha isn't a parrot D:

Oh obviously they are not "realistic" if that's what you're getting at.

Well, I wasn't really talking about "realism", but more, logical consistency. It was more in reference to you saying:

I reckon they should be buff too, coz of all the labor

In my mind, labor wouldn't make them buff. Not your definition of buff anyway. Since labor would create functional muscles, not showy muscles.

Like this guy that you linked?

Would probably pop a double hernia just trying to lift a box full of books. :p

And as for this guy:

That's hyper. If you don't think that THAT is exaggerated, then I'd argue you've become waaay too acclimated to hyper muscle drawings :p

Boss Doggie

Ah that was a joke. I mean yeah, you wouldn't go buff doing labor, but hey, it's associated with stuff like that in fantasy. :p

And like I said, I consider hyper something like... staggor, where the muscles are more odd and weird. At least nidoking looks proportional visually despite the size. :p

Top Bottom