• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVII| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

How? It's very good.

I thought you guys were calling Money Trees ass and I was like

giphy.gif

HiResDes

Man this Smokepurrp is even more repetitive than Playboi Carti, also when did every rapper come to idolize GG Allin. Everybody steelin my steeze, lol

...It finishes way stronger though, actually gets super melodic like Glock in my Benz

HiResDes

NGL out of all these releases find myself going back to the UnoTheActivist the most. A Boogie wit da Hoodie actually released a good album too though

Uno was a bit disappointing for me but then again most of my favorite songs from him are ones he does with Fauni. They should do a collab tape

overcast

Pretty nice but not as quotable as the usual Spitta. Down for a trap EP though.
New King Krule has oozed out in to the aether.
Fuck yes.
SZA
ScHoolboy
K.Dot
Isaiah

That's more than two
Yeah, I didn't love the SZA album but TDE has 4 artists killing it in their respective arenas. Kendrick is obvious, Q is selling well and selling out decent venues, SZA suddenly looks poised to be a star, and Zay is sort of at the top of whatever is left of the underground scene. On top of all that they're doing well critically across the board.

With how shitty the label has been managed I'm actually shocked they're doing well. Aside from Rock and Soul (who especially blew it).
Am I really still the only person that plays 90059?
This is actually possible.

MoodyFog

NSG ft. Geko - Yo Darlin'
Stefflon Don, French Montana - Hurtin' Me
Not3s - Aladdin
Juls feat Not3s, Kojo Funds & Eugy - Bad

While Grime may not blow in the US, I def think the afro-bashment scene in the UK has big potential. Much more approachable, and see artists like Drake, French Montana (remixing J Hus' "Did you see") and Ty$ jumping on the wave.

In a recent interview with Ebro, MHD said he also could have featurings with Skepta and another grime dude coming, and he also has one with drake

I think Drake will absorb French and UK Afro-oriented sound and make it seem like he invented it

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

He seems to have come to the opposite opinion of me (that it's his worst album) lol, but I have around the same score as him lol. And I largely agree with a lot of what he said. I didn't notice the marmalade/broccoli connection before now, but it might explain why I do not like marmalade. I disagree with him on a few aspects, mainly the one complaining about the one rapper being similar sounding to Chance the Rapper. Chance has a great voice, but he kind of blends in with other artists if you have never heard of him before.

HiResDes

He seems to have come to the opposite opinion of me (that it's his worst album) lol, but I have around the same score as him lol. And I largely agree with a lot of what he said. I didn't notice the marmalade/broccoli connection before now, but it might explain why I do not like marmalade. I disagree with him on a few aspects, mainly the one complaining about the one rapper being similar sounding to Chance the Rapper. Chance has a great voice, but he kind of blends in with other artists if you have never heard of him before.
Hold on you're not sure if it's his worst and you rate it around a 3/10, why do you still bother listening to this vanilla shit.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Hold on you're not sure if it's his worst and you rate it around a 3/10, why do you still bother listening to this vanilla shit.
Oh! Lol I rated it 3/5. My ranking system is:

5 - Great, Love it
4 - I like this
3 - It’s okay
2 - I don’t like it
1 - I never want to listen to it again.

And then I average the individual songs by what the score could have received. For instance I have 50/80 points for this album, which is a 62.5%. So essentially a 3/5.

HiResDes

Oh! Lol I rated it 3/5. My ranking system is:

5 - Great, Love it
4 - I like this
3 - It’s okay
2 - I don’t like it
1 - I never want to listen to it again.

And then I average the individual songs by what the score could have received. For instance I have 50/80 points for this album, which is a 62.5%. So essentially a 3/5.
That's not close to what he rated it

Top Bottom