• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Series of Poker 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Well, as I expected my bank account and credit cards were all rejected.

Is there anyone that would be willing to transfer me like $20 on PokerStars? I could repay through PayPal immediately.

Mana Sin

Perhaps this is a silly question, but what happens if you run out of play chips in a game? Can you get more afterwards or are you done?

How can you view the money/play money games? Last time, I watched the play money game last time but could not find the real money game that was mentioned.

Fixed1979

Mana Sin said:
Perhaps this is a silly question, but what happens if you run out of play chips in a game? Can you get more afterwards or are you done?

How can you view the money/play money games? Last time, I watched the play money game last time but could not find the real money game that was mentioned.

You can always get another $1,000 play chips (anytime you run out).

BigAT said:
Nope, my bank account rejected the transaction.

My credit card wasn't allowed to be used with Poker Stars either. I used Entropay though and it worked fine, within 10 minutes I went from signup to sitting at a table.

BigAT

Crazymoogle said:
Was I just barely late again? (Wait, how much money do I have to add?)
Late registration is still going for both tournaments.

I had hopes of playing in the real money tourney today, but it's so obnoxiously difficult to get money in.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BigAT said:
I had hopes of playing in the real money tourney today, but it's so obnoxiously difficult to get money in.
Mainly for the US players due to that stupid safe port act thing.

I congratulate you AlexAndrson!
citizen.gif

But this is not over, not by a long shot.
3519wkk.gif

BowieZ

Banned
Bah, made it into the money, but made a stupid move to be knocked out in 3rd place.

Good game guys. Hope more people sign up for Round 2.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Fuck shit dammit, sorry I missed the $3 game, even though I registered.

We should do more than 1 game a week. How about another one, right now?

Thanks, guys. I got super lucky today. :eek:

I'm glad we got it up to seven people for the play money game. That was a goodish size.

Congrats to those who made the cash monies on the cash monies table. I felt a little bad when Zimbu and I were heads up on the play money table so long, I'm sure he was wanting to concentrate on the money game :)

ToxicAdam

I really choked on the real money table. Talis was pushing me around all game and I called his all-in with a open-ended straight draw. Dumb call.

ToxicAdam said:
I really choked on the real money table. Talis was pushing me around all game and I called his all-in with a open-ended straight draw. Dumb call.

meh, you had me when you spiked the 9 on the flop. should have re-raised me on my bet.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to talisaynon [4c Ts]
san goku: folds
ToxicEnema: calls 60
RansomDan: folds
MisterZimbu: calls 60
kumarshah: folds
itmemam: calls 30
talisaynon: checks
*** FLOP *** [3s 9s 4s]
itmemam: checks
talisaynon: bets 120
ToxicEnema: calls 120
MisterZimbu: folds
itmemam: calls 120
*** TURN *** [3s 9s 4s] [Th]
itmemam: checks
talisaynon: bets 240
ToxicEnema: calls 240
itmemam: folds
*** RIVER *** [3s 9s 4s Th] [5h]
talisaynon: bets 180
ToxicEnema: calls 180
*** SHOW DOWN ***
talisaynon: shows [4c Ts] (two pair, Tens and Fours)
ToxicEnema: shows [9c 9h] (three of a kind, Nines)
ToxicEnema collected 1475 from pot

I was on tilt a bit after that

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
We need to at least get more people into the play money tourneys. No excuse there really if people have the time, considering it's free.

K.Jack

I always forget that I'm sitting on 3.3 million play chips.

If you guys want to raise the stakes on the play money game, I'll donate tens of thousands to the participants.

In fact, anyone who wants some chips can have them. Just let me know your Pokerstars account name.

K.Jack

BowieZ said:
anyone wanna play a sit'n'go (real money) on poker stars? now / some time in the next few hours?
I'm in, but how will we coordinate getting into the same SnG?

Have the second tournament set up.

Jan 29 (Saturday) 4:00 pm EST
No Limit Texas Hold'em
6-max Tables

Buyins:
$3+$0.30 for the real money tournament.
200+15 for the play money tournament.

If you're not already in the poker club, make sure to apply to it before the tournament because it takes some time for me to approve you.

Good luck, have fun, lets get more than 9 people, etc. etc.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Mister Zimbu said:
Have the second tournament set up.

Jan 29 (Saturday) 4:00 pm EST
No Limit Texas Hold'em
6-max Tables

Buyins:
$3+$0.30 for the real money tournament.
200+15 for the play money tournament.

If you're not already in the poker club, make sure to apply to it before the tournament because it takes some time for me to approve you.

Good luck, have fun, lets get more than 9 people, etc. etc.
I'm in.

VALIS

Registered for the money game for Saturday. If anyone wants to put together a sit & go tonight, I'm in. I'm too sick to go to my regular weekly home game tonight but still want some poker.

BowieZ

Banned
VALIS said:
Registered for the money game for Saturday. If anyone wants to put together a sit & go tonight, I'm in. I'm too sick to go to my regular weekly home game tonight but still want some poker.
That offer still good?

JambiBum

So I need to ask a favor from someone in the thread. Echecks are no longer allowed in indiana so my deposit got denied. Because of this my account is now negative. I was wondering if someone could transfer twenty bucks to my poker stars account if I sent you the twenty through paypal. Just send me a pm or quote me.

K.Jack

JambiBum said:
So I need to ask a favor from someone in the thread. Echecks are no longer allowed in indiana so my deposit got denied. Because of this my account is now negative. I was wondering if someone could transfer twenty bucks to my poker stars account if I sent you the twenty through paypal. Just send me a pm or quote me.
PM Sent.

BigAT

I won't be able to play in the tournament tomorrow, but I'll actually be in Atlantic City so I think that more than makes up for it.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Hey, my wife had the baby so I'm ready this weekend. I'm also up for a STG whenever. My name on Stars is QuantizedKi.

Edit: applied to the club.

RSTEIN said:
Hey, my wife had the baby so I'm ready this weekend. I'm also up for a STG whenever. My name on Stars is QuantizedKi.

Congrats! Now that that's done with, you'll have lots of free time for poker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom