• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Series of Poker 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSTEIN said:
playing poker while holding the baby is easy :)

Haha, ya, I remember when I used to play a lot on Party people were always chatting about how they were watching a baby while playing. brb baby pooped.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
parrotbeak said:
Haha, ya, I remember when I used to play a lot on Party people were always chatting about how they were watching a baby while playing. brb baby pooped.

Well, he loves the breast so there's not much I can do at this stage anyway. Just hold him as he sleeps between feedings.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A little less than 5 hours to go, only 3 for the real money and 4 for the play money.

Also, I may need to take up someone on a transfer/paypal later down the road - once I get a bit more fundage, I'm going to try and see if echecks are still valid for me.

BowieZ

Banned
Well I cannot play this round, as I have work. I will try and avoid getting Sunday (AU time) shifts over February but apparently it's going to be a busy month :(

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
RSTEIN said:
Registered! (QuantizedKi)
GET HYPE!

I'm so ready for one of you to hit me with a sick beat.

Meanwhile, I'm playing some .05/.10 PLO cash games.

Nearly forgot about this. Just got in with about 30secs of late reg remaining.

I am WithoutAir btw.

Oh noes HEM doesn't work with home games yet.

VALIS

Bleh, I had an awful game. Because my table was 4 or 5 people the whole time I overplayed every barely decent hand that came my way. I must've lost 90% of my chips on various Ace rags.

XiaNaphryz

VALIS said:
Bleh, I had an awful game. Because my table was 4 or 5 people the whole time I overplayed every barely decent hand that came my way. I must've lost 90% of my chips on various Ace rags.
There's a fine line in short table play that's easy to cross.

XiaNaphryz said:
There's a fine line in short table play that's easy to cross.

I've been watching replays of the Sunday Million final table and I'm actually really suprised as to how many Ax (even AT and AJ) are open folded even when 3 and 4-handed.

hmm think I had to make that call. gutshot straight and 2 overcards, was getting slightly better than 50/50 on my money. Oh well gg.

I'm currently 2nd with 4 remaining in a double shootout satellite into the Sunday million. Hopefully that ends better

edit nope it didn't 3 way all in KK vs 77 and he hits a straight on the river, out in 3rd, bleh.

$11.70 double shootout, u have to win your table then place in the top 2 to win a ticket to the sunday million (worth $215) won my table. Got down to 4 players, I'm 2nd. Then this happens. 2 hours 20mins..... and I lose to a runner runner straight arghhhhhh.

PokerStars Game #56786925195: Tournament #355558096, $10.70+$1.00 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level V (75/150) - 2011/01/29 22:06:49 WET [2011/01/29 17:06:49 ET]
Table '355558096 1' 10-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: mhm9999 (1840 in chips)
Seat 4: WithoutAir (4080 in chips)
Seat 5: AVIA TICKET (7365 in chips)
Seat 6: Met4llica (1715 in chips)
WithoutAir: posts small blind 75
AVIA TICKET: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to WithoutAir [Ks Kh]
Met4llica: raises 1565 to 1715 and is all-in
mhm9999: folds
WithoutAir: calls 1640
AVIA TICKET: calls 1565
*** FLOP *** [4s 9s 3h]
WithoutAir: bets 2365 and is all-in
AVIA TICKET: calls 2365
*** TURN *** [4s 9s 3h] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [4s 9s 3h 5h] [6d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
WithoutAir: shows [Ks Kh] (a pair of Kings)
AVIA TICKET: shows [7s 7h] (a straight, Three to Seven)
AVIA TICKET collected 4730 from side pot
Met4llica: shows [Kd Qd] (high card King)
AVIA TICKET collected 5145 from main pot
WithoutAir finished the tournament in 3rd place and received $35.00.
Met4llica finished the tournament in 4th place and received $35.00.
mhm9999 finished the tournament in 1st place
mhm9999 wins an entry to tournament #404020010
AVIA TICKET finished the tournament in 1st place
AVIA TICKET wins an entry to tournament #404020010
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9875 Main pot 5145. Side pot 4730. | Rake 0
Board [4s 9s 3h 5h 6d]
Seat 1: mhm9999 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: WithoutAir (small blind) showed [Ks Kh] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: AVIA TICKET (big blind) showed [7s 7h] and won (9875) with a straight, Three to Seven
Seat 6: Met4llica showed [Kd Qd] and lost with high card King

XiaNaphryz

Alex Anderson said:
gg XiaN, congrats on the win
Was a bit lucky to have pocket kings vs pocket queens at the end.

Hopefully I can jump into the real money game next time.

Sorry koutsoniv... that was a dirty trick :D

Real Money Final Hand said:
PokerStars Home Game #56789096260: {GAF Series of Poker} Tournament #357532191, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (150/300) - 2011/01/29 17:44:59 ET
Table '357532191 3' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: MisterZimbu (12633 in chips)
Seat 3: koutsoniv (5367 in chips)
MisterZimbu: posts the ante 40
koutsoniv: posts the ante 40
koutsoniv: posts small blind 150
MisterZimbu: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MisterZimbu [4d Td]
koutsoniv: calls 150
MisterZimbu: checks
*** FLOP *** [Jd Qd Ad]
MisterZimbu: checks
koutsoniv: checks
*** TURN *** [Jd Qd Ad] [Th]
MisterZimbu: bets 400
koutsoniv: calls 400
*** RIVER *** [Jd Qd Ad Th] [Kc]
MisterZimbu: bets 5000
koutsoniv: calls 4627 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (373) returned to MisterZimbu
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MisterZimbu: shows [4d Td] (a flush, Ace high)
koutsoniv: shows [3d Jc] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
MisterZimbu collected 10734 from pot
koutsoniv finished the tournament in 2nd place and received $10.80.
MisterZimbu wins the tournament and receives $18.00 - congratulations!
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10734 | Rake 0
Board [Jd Qd Ad Th Kc]
Seat 2: MisterZimbu (big blind) showed [4d Td] and won (10734) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: koutsoniv (button) (small blind) showed [3d Jc] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So this was my first time playing with you guys, GG all around.

I really wanted to come in with a win, but finished 3rd in both the play $ and real $ games. Totally unacceptable.

There was some insane action in the $3 game. Huge pots, bad beats, and constant raising made it really entertaining.

Congrats to Zimbu, for the real money win.

Billias

Yeah, I thought you were bluffing...
It's just that I wanted a more dramatic showdown.
Anyway, that was a fine game and there is always next time, hope there will be some more players.

Results:
Real Money Game (12 entrants, $36 prize pool)
1st MisterZimbu $18.00 (4.31 points)
2nd koutsoniv $10.80 (3.05 points)
3rd san goku $7.20 (2.49 points)

Play Money Game: (8 entrants, 1600 play chip prize pool)
1st XiaNaphryz 1,040 (4.69 points)
2nd AlexAndrson 560 (3.31 points)

---

On a side note, if you have money on Full Tilt, play in the Big Little Tournament (BLT) tomorrow.

The Big Little Tournament is a monthly micro-stakes tournament with a huge guaranteed prize pool (and a huge number of entrants). The tourney takes place on the last Sunday of every month at 1:00 PM, so the next one will be January 29 at 1:00 PM EST.

The buyin is $2 + $0.20. Full Tilt has this set up as a multi-entry tournament- so you can buy in up to six times and play six tables at the same time (not a rebuy tourney, it's different). The guarantee is $200,000, with $18,000 for first place. Of course you'll have to surpass the current field of 60,000 that will assuredly get higher as the time comes closer.

Interestingly enough the tourney is capped at 100,000 players so the prize pool won't get any higher. The actual tournament is structured as a pretty fast turbo and the players are all really really really bad. The entire thing usually lasts no more than 5 or 6 hours from start to final table.

XiaNaphryz said:
Something wrong with the leaderboards? They're not counting last week's sessions it seems.

Leaderboards are weird how they're set up due to being beta and all and I screwed it up (I originally had the season length set to "Yearly" for Event #1. I switched it to quarterly after and that apparently started a 3rd season).

The official leaderboard will be the sum of Season 2 and Season 3.

^^ Yes, indeed. It just occurred to me our game was today and figured I'd post as well.

Playing the weekly play money tourney has gotten me back to playing my oh-so high stakes $2 sit and go's on Bodog. I have a feeling I'm due for a bad week having actually practiced and having gotten kinda lucky the past two weeks.

See y'all in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom