• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2015 Thread: Fail Of The Year

injurai

Banned
a0QZwpP.gif

This is amazing on so many levels.

DrArchon

1. Konami
2. Batman Arkham Knight PC

Konami's gonna take this easily, but we must never forget what WB thought was acceptable to shit out onto the PC market. Thank God for Steam refunds or else I'm not sure we would've gotten even the handful of fixes that we got.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Eh I'm gonna go with Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, for the single player campaign, which featured:

-Nothing relating to the previous two games, at ALL, aside from throwaway lines of dialogue,
-Terrible gameplay loops (you fight the same boss maybe eight times or so during the campaign),
-Terrible plot (I mean it felt like a D-grade college art piece),
-Terrible characters (your partner is about 10x worse than Killzone's Rico, if that's even possible),
-Terrible design due to co-op (ammo bags in front of you every ten feet, having to unlock certain abilities like picking up guns, bad superpower balances, etc.)

One of the worst games I've played in years.

Tiu Neo

Konami, of course.

Even in the year they released Suikoden II and III on PSN, they still deserve this. That's how bad they are right now.

Yep, it's definitely Konami. They've done quite a bit of wrong in just this one year. Last time I've seen a publisher act so poorly was when EA was the supreme shitlord publisher for a couple of years.

Kind of glad they're leaving the industry now.

Toxi

Banned
While Konami is the obvious winner, I want to throw something that at least deserves attention:

Nintendo Q4 2015

While there was some good stuff (loving Xenoblade X), this has been their worst holiday in years. You know it speaks poorly when their big bundle this year is made up of a game from last year and a game from May.
Nintendo's E3 direct was also pitiful.

But yeah, nowhere near as bad as Konami.

Konami.

Warner Brothers deserves quite a bit of heat for both MKX and Arkham Knight on PC this year, but both of those combined can't quite beat the Tyrant Supremus: Konami.

Edit: #FucKonami

The Collapse of Konami.

It's really a shame too, Metal Gear Solid V definitely exceeded my expectations, and I'm a really big Metal Gear fan. I just wish it were just another great game in the Konami pantheon rather than the final swan song for one of history's greatest game publishers.

The Kojima situation, horrible working conditions, complete disposal of home gaming, death of Silent Hills, no more Castlevania/Contra/Suikoden/ete.

Goodbye, Konami. If it wasn't for 2015, you would have been dearly missed.

1. Konami
2. Batman Arkham Knight PC

Konami's gonna take this easily, but we must never forget what WB thought was acceptable to shit out onto the PC market. Thank God for Steam refunds or else I'm not sure we would've gotten even the handful of fixes that we got.

This is why I think Batman Arkham Knight PC is number 1 for me. But only because the only things I had exposure to that were related to Konami (PES2016 and MGSV) were excellent. And I'm not fussed about the other things regarding them (working conditions aside)

Battlechili

Banned
Just checked some of the older threads and I'm not gonna lie, kind of upset that Final Fantasy XIII was considered such a blunder at 3rd place in 2010.

Like, I genuinely believe its a fantastic game and one of the best games in the series. ;_;

Brofield

I pray Konami's pachinko machines burn, and as the whores and executives and lawyers look up from the ruins of the company and yell, "Save us!" Kojima will look down on them and whisper,

"No."

I sincerely hope their grunt staff find a better company that better deserves their talent. #FucKonami2015

Wabba

Konami

Not hating on Konami because of the Kojima situation, i dont know enough to say anything. I hate them because they removed P.T.

Top Bottom