• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF: Wii U or Playstation 4?

noshten

Ps4.

Multiplatform games make up likely 70% of games on the market, and you'd be missing out on probably all of them.

If you have a PC you're only really buying a PS4 for the exclusives.
Can't really see too many must own exclusives on the PS4 at the moment, Bloodborne could be fantastic but PS4 needs to build a variety of must own exclusives for someone with a gaming PC to invest into it.
Wii U and PC is a more than decent option, especially if you enjoy Nintendo IPs cause those suckers are not going on any PC at any point in any legitimate way.

Anyhow congrats on your purchase OP, it was a wise decision and you could always pick up a PS4 later on as it builds up it's library of exclusives.

Astral Dog

You can't play the Order 1886 on a Wii U.

both, PS4 will get better this year, Wii U too but it seems you want to sell it for a PS4

I've had a Wii U since launch and just got a PS4, and it sounds like you made the right decision. Both are great, Wii U just has more great games right now.

Even though this thread is old a Wii-U now and PS4 later seems like a better idea. PS4 only needs a few more games then you've easily got a few months worth of games to play.

If you have a PC you're only really buying a PS4 for the exclusives.
Can't really see too many must own exclusives on the PS4 at the moment, Bloodborne could be fantastic but PS4 needs to build a variety of must own exclusives for someone with a gaming PC to invest into it.
Wii U and PC is a more than decent option, especially if you enjoy Nintendo IPs cause those suckers are not going on any PC at any point in any legitimate way.

Anyhow congrats on your purchase OP, it was a wise decision and you could always pick up a PS4 later on as it builds up it's library of exclusives.
ah, that's true. there's not very many current gen multiplat games that don't come with a PC port. The only that comes to mind is destiny, and... yeah. not exactly a fan favorite.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
You have a gaming PC? Get a Wii U now, PS4 late next year.

this is a good argument. I can't recommend ps4 as I don't have one, but I do have a gaming PC and a Wii U.

the wii u exclusives man.. hundreds of hours.

I feel like it's currently a quality vs quantity argument. probably PS4 in a year or 2 will win this argument handily, but that doesn't help you now.

Grief.exe

PS4 doesn't deliver very much value if you have a PC currently. That will improve as we move further into 2015, but even then the WiiU still has the stronger library.

BuggyMike

He has a point though, in general variety the Ps4 is much stronger. And yes the WiiU has a stronger line-up as of right now, but it does lack in variety.

The "better" part is subjective. I can't play games like Transistor, DOA5 , Fifa, PES 15, Battlefield or the soon to be release RE:RE2 on my WiiU. Plus it has an actual online infrastructure. When I play Smash4 me and my friends actually make the chat room on the ps4.

Don't get me wrong I love my WiiU, but as a gamer who like different genres I'll rather have the ps4 or even an XBone than a WiiU.

P.S. PS4/WiiU is a great combo to own.

Yeah but he already has a gaming PC, so he's already going to have access to a lot of those games at better settings. In this case It makes much more sense to go with the Wii U for now and wait a bit longer for the PS4 exclusives to build up.

Well I've been enjoying my Wii U over the past few days. That said I have a question. Is to plug my headphones into the Wii U Gamepad and have sound come out while the gamepad screen is off?

Neoxon

Based on your post, probably the Wii U. But definitely get around to owning both (I own both & am loving it).

sörine;153427514 said:
A quick check of their US sites says otherwise. Wii U currently has 436 available games (149 of that being Virtual Console admittedly) while PS4 has 208. PS4 will undoubtedly pass Wii U but it hasn't yet and might even not this year really.

Well there you go.

By Metacritic PS4 has more games already, its going to double its library by the end of the year and the Wii U wont come close.

RM8

Very different experiences. In my case, a WiiU made more sense because of my PC. But I'll probably buy a PS4 at some point, maybe a slim one, it just doesn't have enough exclusives I want at the moment.

You can't play the Order 1886 on a Wii U.

Can watch it on youtube tho. Same experience.

tumblr_n08ot1x6EG1saa4c5o1_400.gif

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I bought a PS4 day one, have loved Playstation since PSX but the Wii-U at the moment is killing it in the games department, it has it's faults, I hate the game-pad for example but if you in anyway enjoy playing Nintendo games I would easily recommend that over a PS4 at the moment.

Neoxon

Well he can buy a Wii for $40 and get the same experience as the WiiU.
Smash,Mario,Zelda,etc. ;)
- Splatoon
- Bayonetta 2
- The Wonderful 101
- ZombiU
- Zelda U (which will definitely be a different experience)
- Lego City Undercover
- Rayman Legends (the best version)
- Shovel Knight (EDIT: I forgot this was PS4-bound)
- Xenoblade X

It IS the worst console this gen.

But it has by FAR the best library of games.

Would you rather be slighty under-equipped but getting tons of play, or be well-endowed but have no game?

It has some great games, but PS4 and Xbox One have more interesting titles and their releases aren't so few and far between.

maneil99

- Splatoon
- Bayonetta 2
- The Wonderful 101
- ZombiU
- Zelda U (which will definitely be a different experience)
- Lego City Undercover
- Rayman Legends (the best version)
- Shovel Knight
- Xenoblade X

Shovel Knight is coming to PS4

StoopKid

It IS the worst console this gen.

But it has by FAR the best library of games.

Would you rather be slighty under-equipped but getting tons of play, or be well-endowed but have no game?

Ps4 library >wii u library. The amount of games ps4 has and wiiu doesn't is crazy.

Ps4 still has no games is still a thing ?

RM8

Ps4 library >wii u library. The amount of games ps4 has and wiiu doesn't is crazy.

This is pretty subjective. Some people are bound to vastly prefer one library over the other. In my case at least, though, every single PS4 game I want to play is available on PC :/

Except for Spelunker X. Wait for me, Spelunker X :p

I'm actually in the same boat as you kind of, in that I've been kicking around the idea for this Black Friday. My personal opinions on the two systems:

PS4 Pros:
-This is where all the third party JRPGs not on handhelds will end up most likely. The bone is a joke when it comes to this genre because its clear where Microsoft's interests lie.
-Good ecosystem. As someone with a PS3/Vita there is a nice incentive to use multiple devices. When it comes to Infrastructure Sony is top notch.

PS4 Cons:
-Infamous and Bloodborne look good to me. Other then that its either multiplats or things I'm simply not interested in.
-Price. $400 for a dedicated game box is really hard for a PC gamer first to swallow. Handhelds get a pass because portability is a huge thing.

Wii U Pros:
-Best co-op system. If you like playing with someone else this is your system.
-Nintendo is consistent. This is both a pro and con, as a pro it means you know exactly what you are getting from games. They make great games and even if they shut the system off tomorrow there is enough to justify the purchase provided you like all the games.

Wii U Cons:
-No reason to use the Wii backwards compatibility. Why would I play Xenoblade (which I didn't care for at all thanks to the mountain of sidequests btw) on a console when I can emulate my copy through Dolphin and use an HD texture pack?
-Nintendo is consistent. If Nintendo of America can find a way to screw it up they can. Its like clockwork with them. Makes one wonder how there is such a detach from who makes the games and who manages things.
-The price is too high. The 3D World bundle should be $250, as should the normal console. They are already bleeding money wise, gotta make up the revenue somehow.

PC/PS4/WIiU

I'm so happy.

Sorry OP, you're in a tough pinch. B/c you have a gaming PC though, I would get a WiiU now and get a PS4 eventually after a price drop for exclusives.

Laconic

Banned

Yes.

The only game that the PS4 has that I find worth playing, is a PC port.

I like the controller based play, and player side stored save data.

It is the only PS4 game that I currently own.

I sold the others back for store credit, because they sucked.

The Wii U, on the other hand, has at least a dozen exclusives that I thoroughly enjoy playing.

I own all of them.

I have both. I play the Wii U every day and haven't touched the PS4 since mid-January. However, the PS4 is going to get at least 10 games that will make you rage if you are Nintendo only. Plus, dem graphics.

Tough call, but I got to side with the Wii U. That library is ridiculously fantastic, while thus far the PS4 has been underwhelming.

Oersted

I'm trying to play Bayonetta with the Classic Controller Pro, but the screen on the Gamepad has to be on in order for me to get sound from my headphones. How do I turn the screen off while still getting sound?

I think you better ask this in the Bayo 2 OT/ WiiU Games 2015 thread or make a new one. Here you only got people fighting, lol.

Top Bottom