• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

*Splinter

Y'know I was going to say I townread anyone who moved their vote off of Crab late yesterday, but that's literally just CCS (who did the same on D1 already) and Crab himself, so a fat lot of good that does me.

I guess, to a lesser extent, I can also feel good about the late votes for Verelios. I'm sure scum were salivating over their chance of an early Crab lynch.

Hi I'm about to board a flight but some questions for when I get back

Splinter why did you change your vote? I don't know if it was ever explained and I'm curious as to your reasoning behind it.

LP, same goes for you. Late game vote on Crab seems like you just wanted to be on the right side after everything went down. Can you explain?

Sorian, why were you more inclined to believe Swamped over Crab? Was it because of her claim?

*Splinter

vote: Bronx-Man

Role claim as poison doctor and not killed that night phase? That looks pretty scummy to me...
His survival isn't completely unbelievable, but you'd think he'd be blocked at least. Then again Kalor is an odd choice, makes me suspect a switcher or some other kind of redirect is in play.

At any rate, I'm curious to see if anyone else was poisoned, and we can let that play out another day or two if so.

Sorian

Banned

Splinter why did you change your vote? I don't know if it was ever explained and I'm curious as to your reasoning behind it.

LP, same goes for you. Late game vote on Crab seems like you just wanted to be on the right side after everything went down. Can you explain?

Sorian, why were you more inclined to believe Swamped over Crab? Was it because of her claim?

Excuse me? There has never been a time in this game that I trusted Swamped more than Crab.

acohrs

His survival isn't completely unbelievable, but you'd think he'd be blocked at least. Then again Kalor is an odd choice, makes me suspect a switcher or some other kind of redirect is in play.

At any rate, I'm curious to see if anyone else was poisoned, and we can let that play out another day or two if so.

Good point, Stan did you get notification about being cured?

Also, Bronx, why do you think you weren't lynched?

Burbeting

Banned
Y'know I was going to say I townread anyone who moved their vote off of Crab late yesterday, but that's literally just CCS (who did the same on D1 already) and Crab himself, so a fat lot of good that does me.

I guess, to a lesser extent, I can also feel good about the late votes for Verelios. I'm sure scum were salivating over their chance of an early Crab lynch.

I'm not sure about that. If Verelios is town, then end of yesterday would have been a town v town situation, so scum wouldn't have really cared who got lynched. They could have tried to spare Crab so they could use him as a mislynch for D3 instead.

Burbeting

Banned
Stanley, did you receive any information on if you were healed from poisoning or not?

I think this information is needed to look into Bronx' trust-worthyness.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not sure about that. If Verelios is town, then end of yesterday would have been a town v town situation, so scum wouldn't have really cared who got lynched. They could have tried to spare Crab so they could use him as a mislynch for D3 instead.

Crab is the stronger player though, scum would just take the lynch on him and be done with it. No one is actually going to sit there and go "let's flip votes around, there both town so who cares!" Anything could have happened to change the climate of Crab from scummy to townie.

*Splinter

Three reasons, I guess:
1. As I had stated earlier, I really wanted the lynch for the day to be between Crab and Swamped, I felt strongly there was scum between them and didn't want that conflict to rumble on with no new info for a third day.
2. I asked Crab to claim and he refused. I took this to mean he was at least ordinary, if not scum. (Yeah thanks Crab -.-)
3. My read on Vere was much weaker than on Swamped, and meanwhile I was always acutely aware that Crab hadn't done anything he couldnt easily have been faking. In the end I doubted myself, and voted against my instincts.

If Verelios is town it doesn't mean much if scum jumped from one town wagon to another.
It doesn't mean as much, and maybe this varies player by player, but I think scum would still have much preferred Crab's lynch.

Burbeting

Banned
Crab is the stronger player though, scum would just take the lynch on him and be done with it. No one is actually going to sit there and go "let's flip votes around, there both town so who cares!" Anything could have happened to change the climate of Crab from scummy to townie.

I agree he is stronger, but there certainly had been a lot of animosity from quite a big group of players both D1 and D2. And since he wasn't claiming, it seemed likely he would have been an ordinary.

Sorian

Banned
I agree he is stronger, but there certainly had been a lot of animosity from quite a big group of players both D1 and D2. And since he wasn't claiming, it seemed likely he would have been an ordinary.

And? That doesn't support why you or anyone else would think scum would just flip votes around for no reason other than "town v town so whatever"

*Splinter

You mean NK'd right? I know someone (might have been you) kept conflating the terms yesterday, but generally "lynch" is only used for the day kill.

Crab (11)
Bronx-Man 1452
Swamped 1454
nin1000 1467 1597
Faddy 1519
CCS 1520 1796
Blargonaut 2007
nin1000 2010
TheWorthyEdge 2035
Verelios 2036
Gorlak 2081
Crab 2090 2210
*Splinter 2215
Sorian 2218
Lone_Prodigy 2219

If you look at this, when the Verelios wagon started, the only person who jumped from Crab to Verelios was Crab himself. No one else moved their vote.

I think you're right. Even if it was town-town, scum wanted Crab gone.

CCS

Banned
Is anyone on bored with my WAMD/Vere scum pair yet?

Also it would be useful if Stan could comment on his poison status.

Beyond that, not sure how useful vote analysis is unless we flip Vere tonight to find out if it was town/town or not (although obviously I like Splinter's) :p

CCS

Banned
If you look at this, when the Verelios wagon started, the only person who jumped from Crab to Verelios was Crab himself. No one else moved their vote.

I went via Swamped but I ended up on Vere.

Faddy

Banned
If Vere is town then when he flipped we would go right back on to Crab today. So at least there has to be some suspicion on some of the later Vere voters.

I really need to read the whole of day 2 again.

Sorian

Banned
If Vere is town then when he flipped we would go right back on to Crab today. So at least there has to be some suspicion on some of the later Vere voters.

I really need to read the whole of day 2 again.

This still isn't a true statement no matter how much it gets said over and over again.

Burbeting

Banned
However,

Verelios vote started so late yesterday, that it's likely lot of the Crab voters simply weren't around.

Burbeting

Banned
Well, scummier than giving a really weak reasoning is giving no reason at all.

At least explain yourself burb.

Him first voting for Stanley yesterday out of all people, then defending himself with "I'm lot more active when I'm scum! So I can't be scum!" was really weak justification for his complete coasting through-out the game so far.

Faddy

Banned
This still isn't a true statement no matter how much it gets said over and over again.

Are you saying Crab wouldn't be the top target after voting for himself and generally being unhelpful towards days end.

It wouldn't be certain he gets lynch but very probable. Of course that is only if Vere is Town.

franconp

Him first voting for Stanley yesterday out of all people, then defending himself with "I'm lot more active when I'm scum! So I can't be scum!" was really weak justification for his complete coasting through-out the game so far.

Also, it pissed me off that his answer when I called him out for it was lol.

nin1000

Banned
Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Hmmm, true that but then again he never specified what his immunity included.

I hope Stan can tell us if he was healed or not aswell as Bronx giving us more hints on how he survived ( if you do not want to tell us that's ok aswell ) in order to clear things up for today.

Since I want to know things pretty early on in order to react specifically.
No need to hold back if I will be dying anyway the following night.

Burbeting

Banned
Right. Might as well start from there.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Thoughts on the game right now? You can come out of the coasting hole now.

Verelios vote started so late yesterday, that it's likely lot of the Crab voters simply weren't around.

fran posted, kept his vote on Faddy, didn't think anything would change.

Faddy posted, kept his vote on Crab, said the same thing he said today (we would've went back to Crab anyway).

Bronx posted, kept his vote on Crab.

I think scum just sat back. They're hiding among town who think Crab is scum so it was pretty easy for them to not do anything.

Sorian

Banned
Are you saying Crab wouldn't be the top target after voting for himself and generally being unhelpful towards days end.

It wouldn't be certain he gets lynch but very probable. Of course that is only if Vere is Town.

Game states can change at the drop of a hat after every night phase. He also had a tracker claim he could use at any time. He didn't yesterday because what was the point with no info to share but if he had something from last night, he likely would have been more open talking come lynch time. So yeah, doubt it was very probable. That's not how it works, town isn't a bunch of lemmings that just start walking towards the next cliff after they jump off the first one.

franconp

fran posted, kept his vote on Faddy, didn't think anything would change.

I said it before deadline but both Crab and Vere (add Kyan too) were so bad yesterday that I didn't mind who was lynched. If they weren't scum they were antitown at least. I didn't liked the idea of having the same crap again today.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

TheWorthyEdge (2)
Burbeting 2284
Lone_Prodigy 2286

Bronx-Man (1)
acohrs 2250

Swamped (1)
Sorian 2266

No active vote for Day 3: *Splinter, Blargonaut, Bronx-Man, CCS, Faddy, flatearthpandas, franconp, Gorlak, Kawl_USC, Kyanrute, nin1000, StanleyPalmtree, Swamped, TheWorthyEdge, Verelios, WhereAreMahDragonz

Day 3 ends:
red_1489438800.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Bronx-Man

Banned

Honestly.......I have no idea. Going into N2 I completely expected either scum would NK me so I couldn't heal anyone else or they would use their NK on Stanley so he would die and it would look like I was a huge fraud to everyone. No idea why Kalor of all people was picked.

Help me Bronx man ! I have been poisoned and will die tonight :(

You got it, dude.

Sorian

Banned
Honestly.......I have no idea. Going into N2 I completely expected either scum would NK me so I couldn't heal anyone else or they would use their NK on Stanley so he would die and it would look like I was a huge fraud to everyone. No idea why Kalor of all people was picked.

You got it, dude.

That's not how that works.

Sorian

Banned
I made the question precisely due to that. I was wondering if that move points to the direction that the poisoner is actually a neutral.

I said this as a possibility yesterday. I even quoted you specifically and said that we shouldn't be assuming the poisoner is scum and was ignored.

Burbeting

Banned
I said this as a possibility yesterday. I even quoted you specifically and said that we shouldn't be assuming the poisoner is scum and was ignored.

I know. But I wanted to point it out now, regardless, since yesterday it was less obvious something might be up.

Top Bottom