• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Revealing GTA V in November

man, i'd love to be on a complete media blackout on this.. so when i finally pop in the game i would have no idea what's to come, hell i'm not entirely sure we know the main character(s) yet. but it's going to be so hard.

i hope they don't reveal too much in previews.. because i know i won't be able to look away. argh.

yon61

GTA IV was delayed.

Exactly. Unlike GTA IV where the delay was unexpected, GTA V has had no release date whatsoever, and that tells me that the game will not release within the next 6 months. At least that's what the pessimist in me thinks.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the PS3 giving Rockstar such a headache again with GTA V.

TheNatural

My Member!
What day does the December issue usually come out? Do they do it by actual month or like a month before. So would this come out in early November?

Definitely is; that is the oldest game by far I still play MP on.

Its great fun. Me and my friends often hop on and drive around the city and do the dumb shit you used to do by yourself in III, VC and SA.

Really, really fun game. Cant wait for the new one. Hopefully the multiplayer is more fleshed out. Especially the free roam mode.

Raptomex

Fuck I just remembered the world ends in late Dec this year. Ah well, at least we get to see GTA V in a magazine.
I refuse to die until I have beaten this game 100%. Also on a side note, if I don't see other world life the end of the world won't stop me.

Muffdraul

Exactly. Unlike GTA IV where the delay was unexpected, GTA V has had no release date whatsoever, and that tells me that the game will not release within the next 6 months. At least that's what the pessimist in me thinks.

I think the point is that they learned a hard lesson with GTA IV, which is why they've been so quiet about GTA V. Likely they didn't want to show anything until it was much further along and in no real danger of a delay. That doesn't explain the trailer a year ago, but there's always been a lot of speculation that that was more about satisfying investors and bringing attention to Max Payne 3 than truly promoting GTA V. In any case, I'm taking this to mean GTA V is close to being finished in a few months. Then again I actively enjoy getting my hopes up only to have them dashed to bits on the cold hard rocky shoreline.

What day does the December issue usually come out? Do they do it by actual month or like a month before. So would this come out in early November?

Right. i.e. the November issue is just coming out right around now.

yon61

I think the point is that they learned a hard lesson with GTA IV, which is why they've been so quiet about GTA V. They didn't want to show anything until it was much further along and in no real danger of a delay. That doesn't explain the trailer a year ago, but there's always been a lot of speculation that that was more about satisfying investors and bringing attention to Max Payne 3 than truly promoting GTA V. In any case, I'm taking this to mean GTA V is close to being finished in a few months. Then again I actively enjoy getting my hopes up only to have them dashed to bits on the cold hard rocky shoreline.

If that's the case then we should be hearing rumblings of a release date anytime now.

Raptomex

Maybe they're being smart and not releasing any info until they're 100% certain they will release it when they say. Many of the past GTA games have been delayed for some reason or another.

- GTA IV was pushed back 6 months.
- GTA 3 was delayed due to the Sep 11 attacks. I think they had to change some things. Remove Darkel and change the police vehicle colors.
- San Andreas was suppose to come out Oct 18 and came out on Oct 26.

I'm pretty certain on those 3.

GlamFM

Banned
GTA Forums are coming up with some pretty good covers already:

immagineapg.png

Muffdraul

Maybe they're being smart and not releasing any info until they're 100% certain they will release it when they say. Many of the past GTA games have been delayed for some reason or another.

- GTA IV was pushed back 6 months.
- GTA 3 was delayed due to the Sep 11 attacks. I think they had to change some things. Remove Darkel and change the police vehicle colors.
- San Andreas was suppose to come out Oct 18 and came out on Oct 26.

I'm pretty certain on those 3.

They made some 9/11 changes on GTA3, but I don't think there was a delay. If there was it was virtually non-existent, like the SA delay.

Raptomex

They made some 9/11 changes on GTA3, but I don't think there was a delay. If there was it was virtually non-existent, like the SA delay.
Still. For someone like me whose going to take time off for this game I would like a definite release date.

TheNatural

My Member!
Game Informer? How un-rock star. Next they'll be at the VGAs

Rockstar has unveiled basically every game they've ever had back to GTA III in Game Informer. As I understand it, they were one of the few media outlets to really hype GTA III before it came out and became a phenomenon, and they've always returned the favor by giving them the exclusives on their new games.

Ranger X

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the PS3 giving Rockstar such a headache again with GTA V.

Check the megaton, they delayed it in order to have time to bring up a WiiU version at launch (GTA5's launch I mean)

yon61

Check the megaton, they delayed it in order to have time to bring up a WiiU version at launch (GTA5's launch I mean)

If we don't get a release date this year, the thought of the game coming to Wii-U wouldn't seem so unlikely.

I dread to think the development time next generation GTA will have... it's getting a bit out of hand.

GlamFM

Banned
If we don't get a release date this year, the thought of the game coming to Wii-U wouldn't seem so unlikely.

I dread to think the development time next generation GTA will have... it's getting a bit out of hand.

Sure, why not. Porting from 360 is supposed to be easy.

ekim

I guess we will also get a new trailer before GI's next issue. Can't wait. After beating sleeping dogs I need more open world delight.

RDR, at least for me, is the finest work R* has made, along with Chinatown Wars. I'm not sure if they'll be able to top either of those achievements, but I'm hoping they can.

Satchel

Banned
Surprised people are still looking forward to this after 4.

Unless they overhaul the movement and combat mechanics on this series, I just can't see myself buying GTA V

Top Bottom