• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Revealing GTA V in November

jmizzal

Alright Nintendo, it's time.

This needs a Wii U release. Hope the licensing teams did what they needed to do to make it happen.

Its possible, Nintendo WiiU launch games has had a lot of lime light, GTAV GI Mag announcement will be coming right before WiiU launch in Nov.

Nintendo has been pushing COD very big, GTA is the other huge selling 3rd party franchise, they prob pushed hard to get them to work it on for WiiU, remember AC3 was build for WiiU along with the other versions so Rockstar could have done the same for GTAV WiiU.

zaxon

Last november we got the announcement trailer, this november we get a cover story... next november we can see some gameplay maybe?

Fjordson

Thank the gods. Hope there's some juicy stuff in here.

And of course a simultaneous release for a new trailer online! Probably not...but one can dream.

GlamFM

Banned
From GTA Forums, a little rundown of what we got for IV from GI:

Some a few things we can notice from the IV cover that can be taken into account.
The magazine shows early artwork for the game that show
important characters in the storyline
There are several in-game shots
The shots appear to be slightly embelished. Lighing affects are maxed out and textures and draw distances look amazing. The final product seemed a bit throttled back So expect that what we see from V will be a sexier depiction of an already sexy game for consoles at least
The intervew was with Dan Hauser
A summary of the plot
There is a bit of rhetoric, so not 10 pages of constant info
They directly compare the map and size to SA, but not in exact proportions. They describe the map in comparisn to real life new york.
They talk about pedestrian improvements
They dont play and actual miss rather than just watch the game move describing the visual feel of the game thoroughly
Physic imporvements are discussed
Camera angles are described
Car handling is described
Cell phone is described
Mission structured is briefly talked about
Voice acting and soundtrack is briefly discussed
They talk about the developers working on IV
Platforms are announced
DLC is discussed
Multiplayer is quickly talked about
Length of development is discussed

So Im expecting the GTA V issue of GI to have at least if not more than 10 pages. There will be alot to cover since we know nothing about the game. Hopefully there is less ambiguoty this time around.

Squire

Banned
Last november we got the announcement trailer, this november we get a cover story... next november we can see some gameplay maybe?

The marketing starts here. It'll be out before the end of May. The worst they'll do is make you wait a month by saving their first gameplay trailer for the VGAs.

Which is like a series of televised GI cover reveals, btw. If you have any idea that R* is too big for them, let go of it.

dreamfall

Oh my goodness! Best news all week! Love Rockstar, can't wait for new info and screenshots. Those initial screens are always the most hype worthy!

injurai

Banned
He could be trollin.
Remember this?

The Last of Us mo-cap actress posted a pic from a mo-cap session with the hash tag "#HL3".
jPt6B.png
ke6TS.png

Ha thats golden. I never saw the follow up tweet.

Feels more like two or three years to me. =/

time feels longer the more things you do in a certain timespan.

if you spend a year doing pretty much nothing, after the year has passed you'll feel like time went by really fast. if you do a million different things, travel etc, have lots of new memories.. then the year feels longer. weird but true.

Muffdraul

time feels longer the more things you do in a certain timespan.

if you spend a year doing pretty much nothing, after the year has passed you'll feel like time went by really fast. if you do a million different things, travel etc, have lots of new memories.. then the year feels longer. weird but true.

Well, I did fap to the GTA V trailer a lot. There's that.

Derrick01

Banned
Also a fun fact I just saw this searching Google for GI subscription price:

http://accessabc.wordpress.com/2012...onsumer-magazines-for-the-first-half-of-2012/

Game Informer is the most circulated magazine in the United States, not counting the AARP ones. Which really doesn't count since people are paying more for the AARP card itself than getting a subscription. Pretty crazy figures.

No one's buying the gamestop card for game informer either. It's just a nice bonus to go with getting 10% off or 10% extra.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, they have never officially said what systems either way. Amazon assumed 360 and PS3, but hopefully this will have finalized set

TheNatural

My Member!
No one's buying the gamestop card for game informer either. It's just a nice bonus to go with getting 10% off or 10% extra.

I was going to say that, but honestly, I think people don't give a fuck about the 10% off card and they are buying it for the magazine. Because you can get a free rewards card at Gamestop for not signing up for anything. And there's actually no real way to subscribe to GI outside of Gamestop anymore.

Fjordson

I wonder if this counts as the "we'll be back in a few weeks or so with more" that they teased after the last batch of screenshots. It's already been like five weeks.

Hope not. Maybe we'll get another tidbit on Monday.

Squire

Banned
I wonder if this counts as the "we'll be back in a few weeks or so with more" that they teased after the last batch of screenshots. It's already been like five weeks.

This is definitely that.

UrbanRats

Neogaf's servers would explode.
GTA fanbase doesn't seem that strong on here, on the contrary.

Yeah, "a few weeks or so" = 2 months and a half (assuming GI will come out mid November).

iDAqriQSH2tGc.gif

From GTA Forums, a little rundown of what we got for IV from GI:
-The shots appear to be slightly embelished.

Every piece of media we got for GTA IV was super embellished.
All close cropped, perfect lighting, no HUD.

The trailer we got for GTA V was complete bullshit. No way it looks that good in-game.

This being said, I think they'll release mostly realistic shots. The game is probably out in 8 months and while they want it to look good, they don't want to mislead.

Zep

Banned

The trailer we got for GTA V was complete bullshit. No way it looks that good in-game.

This being said, I think they'll release mostly realistic shots. The game is probably out in 8 months and while they want it to look good, they don't want to mislead.

At least the screenshots they released a few months back weren't bullshit.

Jawmuncher

A magazine reveal will be good.
But for me personally i'll need to see more actually gameplay.
Im not falling for a GTA4 again, though if 5 is more like the episodes than sign me up.

Magnus

I don't understand this news....we already knew GTAV existed? Didn't we even see video/screens from it months ago?

Squire

Banned
It's gonna be whatever's in GI and only what's in GI for a little while after that. Releasing more screens/a new trailer/a gameplay clip undermines their exclusive.

Ridley327

I don't understand this news....we already knew GTAV existed? Didn't we even see video/screens from it months ago?

That video and those screens represent about 95% of all the information we know about GTA5; Rockstar hasn't even been dripfeeding info since the initial reveal. This cover story will be the first real information we've ever had on the game, outside of the setting and the speculation over who you'll be playing as.

demolitio

The point of Game Informer is to drive pre-orders for Gamestop

Why would they release a game the day the magazine comes out

It's complete and utter sarcasm. MormaPope seemed to realize that at least, but it was a joke considering all the debates on when it would release and if it'd be this year or next year.

And I thought magazines were just meant to be something to read while taking a shit. Damn, now you ruined magazines for me now that I know they serve a purpose!

UrbanRats

It will on PC.
Whether they want it or not.

Top Bottom