• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Thief (Eidos Montreal, PC/PS4/"Next-Gen", 2014) [Up: Mag Info In OP]

justjim89

I'll likely get flamed for this, but I'd like the game better if it stayed away from the cults. One ancient mystical cult is silly enough, but three is pushing it. Less heard from them, the better. Just my opinion, of course.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
After all of the outcry before HR came out about the object highlighting, I'm pretty sure Eidos Montreal will make anything like that optional. There were huge threads and petitions and everything dedicated just to asking EM to make it optional. They initially wanted to make it mandatory, but after all of the pushback from the community they made it optional.

I would think they would have learned from that to make anything like that optional for the player.
I think Missing Link is also a good sign that they listen to and implement feedback from their players.

"Begging the question."

Just for future reference. :)

Yeah, after rereading my post, I figured someone would call me out on that. :p

I'll likely get flamed for this, but I'd like the game better if it stayed away from the cults. One ancient mystical cult is silly enough, but three is pushing it. Less heard from them, the better. Just my opinion, of course.

But those cults are part of what makes the Thief universe so interesting. Hammers = order, Pagans = chaos, Keepers = balance, and with the latter in the condition its in after the end of 3, I'm even more interested to see what happens to these factions in 4.

DocSeuss

I think Missing Link is also a good sign that they listen to and implement feedback from their players.

Yeah, after rereading my post, I figured someone would call me out on that. :p

But those cults are part of what makes the Thief universe so interesting. Hammers = order, Pagans = chaos, Keepers = balance, and with the latter in the condition its in after the end of 3, I'm even more interested to see what happens to these factions in 4.

Whenever I think of the Hammers

I think of that guy who chased me for two minutes

underwater

Best game ever.

i-Lo

Here is the latest GI video: Building Garrett's Bow From Thief

Preview screens:
thief1ibrik.png

thief29kp5n.png

thief3iqq63.png

thief4bdri3.png

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh man

Between Crysis 3, Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 I can not get enough of awesome Bows and Arrows in games. That alone is enough to get my hyped, lol

Top Bottom