• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games You'll Never Play Because You Just Won't

Probably every FF after VI. I haven't actually played any fully... maybe I just don't have the time. I don't know, I never have it in me to pick one up and play.

Zelda: Wind Waker, Zelda shouldn't be a looney toon thank you very much.
saddrake.gif

Destiny. Once I learnt that there's not much story and the game is based on repetitive missions just ruined any chance of the game. Littlebigplanet had no chance because I lack the skills to design and the platform gameplay mechanics look poor.

Aters

I'm open to all kinds of games but MMORPG and MOBA I will never touch. Don't have the time.
Also Bethesda games. Shitty combat and shitty story and good review? No thanks. Yeah there's a huge amount of content in those game, but it means nothing to me if all of them are crappy.

jabuseika

MOBAs.

Grew up on RTS's, having played StarCraft for a long time, playing a MOBA is like going from playing Chess to playing Connect4

Kappa

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
Demon's Souls: My ps3 broke down a while ago and while I've played and enjoyed every souls title at this point, I don't feel like buying another ps3 to play this game.

Falchion

The Walking Dead games. I love Telltale but I think seeing parts of my roommates' playthroughs so much just made me not want to do my own.

mnemonicj

The Witcher games. I am just about to finish Bloodborne and I am still interested in the current Witcher 3 psn discount, but so far everything points towards a game that has terrible gameplay. Bloodborne has really got me into re-evaluating how much I really enjoy good gameplay.

I wanna bite into The Witcher 3, but it just seems it isn't a game I'll enjoy despite all the awards and praise.

MOBA's and likely anymore MMO's.

There are too many great single player games to invest a lot of time into "git gud" MOBA's or time sink MMO's. I like shooters, but if you're a multiplayer only game...I aint got time for all that mess.

Zelda: Wind Waker, Zelda shouldn't be a looney toon thank you very much.

Mortal Kombat X, way too much gore.

Im quite the opposite
I love toon link way more than adult link.

And wind waker hd is a master piece.
Give it a shot. Its an adventure like no other

MadSexual

For me it's character action games like DMC and God of War. They look cool enough to me, but I've always hated actually playing combo-driven anything. MGRR is probably the only one I'd try right now. I also don't ever touch fighting games, but that's not very unusual.

Does this look "Loony Toon" to you?

[IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/04DwUud.gif[/IMG]

Windwaker uses cel shading really well to create a vibrant world plus it has also allowed the game to age beautifully.

Let's not pretend like Chuck Jones and company didn't come up with some freaky shit; and freakier than that.

mokeyjoe

Yeah, this is pretty much one of the biggest misconceptions you can have.

1. GTA is a satirical action comedy. Everything you can do it in is dripping with sardonicism and wit. The stuff people say, the missions you do, the actions you take - all a black mirror on our society.

2. It's free form sandbox game. You can hit people. Strippers exist in the game. If YOU choose to, you can go hit them. That's not the point of the game. The point is to play a character in this city.

I mean this is true. But having played through 3 GTAs now I can understand how the whole schtick can be unappealing. The games are long and the 'joke' can only be sustained for a while. I think it's one reason I enjoyed RDR so much, it was so nice not having to deal with that tiresome set up. I guess I like the structure of the game but the setting leaves me fairly cold.

dtm808

Piggybacking off of OP, I'll never play FFXIII.

Just too much bad word of mouth, and I ain't got time to waste on mediocrity.

This is coming from a big FF fan.

I reluctantly tried it at a friends house. Biggest nope.gif moment of my gaming career.

I will never play COD after 4. Not spending what basically amounts to a 60$/year subscription. At its core COD is fine but they are just milking the shit out of the franchise at this point.

Omadahl

Banned
MOBAs. I just don't see the point. Being yelled at by RTS nerds as I sink our team seems like a horrible predicament.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't think there is a game I won't ever play "just because" I mean, I have genres I simply don't like. I refuse to buy fighting games, because I suck at them and would rather spend money elsewhere, but I'd still play them over a friend's house or something.

Also, I'm really not into sports games much, and I love sports, which is odd.

Metal Gear Solid 5 - My interest in the series stopped after 2, and apparently the game is very flawed anyway.

Any Final Fantasy - Im not an RPG guy at all.

Star Fox Zero - I dont own a WII U, nor do I ever plan to.

Compsiox

Banned
World of Warcraft. Mainly because it's way past its prime. Also metal gear solid. I feel like I'm way too late to the game to fully enjoy it.

I refuse to play first person games because I can't handle the motion sickness. Well, maybe that's not refusal, just disability.

I don't have a desire to never play any particular game just because I won't. Even though I'm not interested in the genre or art direction, maybe I'll play them at some point. I wouldn't say I wont 100%.

Justinh

Life is Strange, any Telltale game besides maybe playing through Back to the Future again (I did play the first 3 episodes of The Walking Dead, I hated it), Until Dawn, and probably the next Kojima game (even though I don't even know what it is yet).

Splatoon and Rocket League. They do not look appealing to me at all.
These do nothing for me, too. I did very briefly play Rocket league once, though...

Undertale (the general annoyingness of the fanbase doesn't help)

Totally this, too...

Sotha_Sil

Games from Platinum, because of the GIFs people post about their games as to why they're so amazing (guy punching a robot 1000x in a second or whatever it is).

I think that's in the spirit of what the OP is asking for.

Top Bottom