• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you've purchased, but haven't had the urge to play

AmuroChan

I usually only buy games that I think I'm interested in, but sometimes after I've purchased a game I don't have any urge to actually play it. Does that happen to anyone else?

Some examples:

Gravity Rush 2 - loved the first game and think it's one of Vita's best games. Got GR2 on day 1 but haven't felt the urge to play it. Not sure if it's because I played the first one on a handheld and don't associate it as a console game.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I liked the original trilogy a lot, even ME3. Andromeda was one of my most anticipated game of the year, but my enthusiasm for it waned a bit after reading some reviews and online comments post-release. The game is sitting on my shelf and still shrink-wrapped.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - this is kind of cheating because I did finally start this game this week, but it had been about a month since its release and for some reason I just hadn't been in the mood for an Uncharted game until this week.

So what are some of your examples?

Always was interested in Fate/Stay Night. Decided to buy Extella on Switch since I like Hack'n'Slash games.

Decided to go through the Visual Novel before I played the game, the main character annoyed the piss out of me and I couldn't finish it, so I haven't really touched the game.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I bought Dishonored 2 on BF last year since it came with the first. Haven't played either.

PedroRVD

Got Horizon Zero Dawn on launch ... started it ... played Zelda and never came back to it again ...

Then we got Splatoon 2 ... Mario + Rabbids ... Life is Strange ... Yakuza Kiwami ... now Cuphead next week ... Mario Oddisey ... then the Zelda expansion ... i wonder if I will ever play Horizon again :(

Saganator

Fuck, like half my Steam library. So many I can't think of any of them. The remaster of Rise of Nations I bought the other day because it was $5.

None, unless you count PS+ or XBOX GWG games that I've downloaded. I just did a huge purge of games, and yeah, other than the odd freebie or Humble Bundle game on PC, I have at least played a bit of every game I've bought and currently own. Feels good.

I got that PS4 2K Humble Bundle and haven't even downloaded one of the games yet. Don't know why I even bought it... oh well, all the money went to charity anyway.

Hale-XF11

Wolfenstein and No Man's Sky.

Played them both a few times and didn't care enough to go back to them. The first feels like yet another shooter and the second is just boring and tedious.

ZanDatsu

The War of the Chosen expansion... I was so in the mood a week before it came out and pre-ordered it, then my interest died completely and I haven't touched it.

peppers

I bought Silent Hill 3 for the PS2 recently but I'm too scared to play it... Even the cover art is quite disturbing to me.

Bought a PS4 Pro last November to finally catch up on current gen gaming along w/ a bunch of games on the cheap to go with it, including:

Alien: Isolation
Batman: Arkham Knight
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -- this actually came bundled w/ the console as a free game
Dishonored 2
Mad Max
Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Until Dawn

Of these, I've played about 2 hours of Alien and maybe the first hour of Until Dawn. I did complete Final Fantasy XV, though, which was amazing.

JMY86

The Last of Us remastered. I tried to play the original game numerous times but never got more than an hour in before realized I could not care less about the setting or any character in the game.

conpfreak

Titanfall 2. I've had it since Black Friday last year. Heard the campaign is amazing, but I haven't had the drive to play it.

I’ve got a bunch tbh:

Uncharted 4
I Am Setsuna
Dishonored 2
Has-Been Heroes
The Last Guardian
World of Final Fantasy
Rayman Legends
Tearaway

and that’s just physical smh, id hate to look through my steam library and see the amount of games i’ve bought and never launched

jennetics

Bloodborne for me. No urge atm because I'm a big ol' wuss when it comes to games like this...I just bought it because everybody kept telling me to lol

El Odio

Banned
Not counting older things I missed and picked up recently I've had Horizon sitting untouched by my PS4 for a few months now. Haven't had much desire to start it up for some reason and I keep getting distracted by everything else coming out.

Rob2K19

Gravity Rush Remastered. Bought it Day 1 with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I decided to play Cyber Sleuth first (followed by GR) and that took me like a month and a half to finish. Then I started playing other games not called GR and eventually took a break from games ....and that was it. Fast forward to today and I still haven't taken off the plastic. I was actually thinking about playing this week, but I'm conflicted on whether I should unwrap it...because once I unwrap it... ;)

Dishonored 2.

Well, I purchased it a few months back because it was only £10. Actually I did play 20 minutes of it the other week to give it a try but it nearly bored me to literal death. As such, it's gone back in the drawer again.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anything but destiny 2 at this point. When will I learn to stop pre buying games...

Gravity Rush Remastered. Bought it Day 1 with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I decided to play Cyber Sleuth first (followed by GR) and that took me like a month and a half to finish. Then I started playing other games not called GR and eventually took a break from games ....and that was it. Fast forward to today and I still haven't taken off the plastic. I was actually thinking about playing this week, but I'm conflicted on whether I should unwrap it...because once I unwrap it... ;)

You really should. It's a great game, only improved on in the sequel.

Thorn

A whole lot of steam games, but many of them were bought pretty cheap.

Bloodborne is the only game that I bought at a high price and didn't really get any playtime in. Not really sure why because I loved DS 1 and 3.

Ugh, it pains me but, I literally bought a switch for zelda, only played for about 5-6 hours, just can't get myself to keep playing.

redfox088

Banned
I'm geussing PS+ doesn't count? Even still I have at least 30 games that will probably never see the light of day, if not more.

MVCI but to be fair I almost always end up waiting for DLC characters in fighting games and this looks like it'll be the case here too.

Horizon Zero Dawn for me too, Zelda literally came out the next day I think along with the Switch. I started it, its great but just haven't gotten back to it yet.

FinKL

Switch :
Zelda
Splatoon (got 1st world done)

NBA2k18

Bouncing between Marvel and Destiny right now, and the backlog is only gonna get bigger in winter due to Destiny PC and Mario

Uncharted 4 (I don,t know why, Uncharted 2 was my favorite game of last gen)

I'm also kinda forcing myself to play Persona 5, but don't feel any urge. Persona 4 was the biggest surprise hit for me personally, looked at the GB endurance run for 30 minutes "noo, this game is not for me"(they were in a dungeon), bought it much later for the vita... It's my 3rd favorite game of all time. But Persona 5? I planned to play through it this month, 4h every day... Am not evennplaying 1h per day.
Game seems fine though, it's me somehow.

Tohsaka

Dark Souls 2 (bought the PS3 version at launch and played up to the first boss and put it aside, later bought the PS4 version and haven't touched it.)

Akiba's Trip 2 PS4 (haven't felt like replaying it)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (other new games I'd rather play keep coming out)
Tales of Symphonia HD collection (keep forgetting I even have it)
Fantasy Life (see above)

Alien: Isolation
The Last Guardian
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 7
Crash N'Sane Trilogy
Limbo
Every PS+ game I own

I've also had a bunch of games that go into my backlog practically indefinitely after playing them for a little bit.

Indelible

I have had Persona 5 since launch but I haven't even cracked the shrink wrap on the collectors edition, I know it will take over my life and I really want to finish some of my backlog before I jump in.

jdstorm

Banned
Too many to the point where i do some mental gymnastics and pretend to be an amateur collector.

My current biggest regeret is ARMS. Its one of the main reasons i bought a Switch yet i haven't played it outside of the initial prelaunch testpunch despite buying it day 1.

I keep meaning to play it, but then i just buy other games and play them first.

MrBS

Lets not do this OP!!

Just 2017 is killing me. I'm sitting on some stellar games that I have no urge to play because I'm playing other stuff. There are only so many burgers I can eat!

itshutton

If I see any game around the £15 mark, I buy it. I have dozens of unopened PS4 games that I am glad I bought, but will probably never get to or will only play briefly.

Last guardian
GTAV
Metal gear Solid 5
Dishonored 2 (my most likely to play)
XCom 2
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5
God of War 3
Rigs
Infamous Second Son etc. etc.

Not to mention I have downloaded all but haven't played a PS+ game in years.

spad3

Uncharted LL
Mafia III
Hitman
Just Cause 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
MGSV
All my PSVR Games
Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, 2.8
Knack 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Got distracted with Mario Rabbids, Divinity Original Sin 2, Destiny 2. Next month got Shadow of War, Mario Odyssey, Gran Turismo, and AC Origins that are gonna take up all my time.

Ultimadrago

Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Got it for super cheap off of Amazon Prime day, but:

- I've already watched the movie before.

- Kingdom Hearts portable games are notoriously poor quality (I've generally disliked all of the ones I've played including Birth By Sleep). So there's no interest for that.

- The Aqua story I've heard is just okay and more of an effects demo than anything else. I guess I knew that going in, but thought it'd be enough to convince me to play it anyhow. Now, I have little interest of trying it and think I should have just watched it online.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I played it for a few hours when it came out, and it is by no means a bad game, but I just haven't felt like playing it since then.

Top Bottom