• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garfield creator Jim Davis drew a Galactus story for upcoming Marvel comic

HotHamBoy

That's an awful lot to go through to avoid answering a question.

DX0YnWm.jpg

HotHamBoy

Yeah, it's called style for a reason. I really like that drawing BTW, and appreciate that Marvel is going out of their way to get other comic creators, even if it is just for a gag. Very fun!

It's not really style so much as a limitation. I mean, everyone just looks like John. Most people on The Simpsons don't look like Homer.

Zubz

Banned
So wait, they got Jim Davis to do a Galactus parody, & his Silver Surfer is clearly just Jon, yet they didn't make Galactus a giant Garfield? Squirrel Girl already had Galactus as observed by a squirrel (And since Galactus is perceived as the observer's species, we thus had a Squirrel Galactus). Garflactus wouldn't be too big of a stretch.

I'd say it's lazy, but that's par for the course with Davis.

Can I get a lasagna cat for this

3d150356-c08d-422b-b05c-0a5fb2603d1b.gif

I'm in. Just give it another decade & something as equally obscene as a not-anonymous phone sex survey & I'm sure they'd be in.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
His sense of perspective is incredibly off. The Silver Surfer is not planet sized. Hell, neither is Galactus.

1/10.

edit: also, dunno about you guys, but I legit didn't think Davis was still alive. :O

His sense of perspective is incredibly off. The Silver Surfer is not planet sized. Hell, neither is Galactus.

1/10.

edit: also, dunno about you guys, but I legit didn't think Davis was still alive. :O

You clearly don't understand the sheer art and intent behind a Davis strip.

1487911240514.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Galactus without Galactus would be pretty amazing. It's just a deranged Silver Surfer traveling across the galaxy announcing the coming of a world-eater that doesn't exist. Every time he shows up people are just like "there he goes again".

Top Bottom