• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Messi

It looks so cheesecake, though. And you're saying it's actually a good comic?

If it's after the series is done, why bother with two books? An all-in-one volume would be nicer, and it's not like there will be so many issues that it would make for an unwieldy omnibus.

Deadly Class OHC is 15 issues and is fucking massive. Shutter will be 25ish issues. I hate hate hate omnibus sized books. Two 12-13 issue books please.

Just read Shade, the Changing Man #10 and I think this was my favorite issue yet. Shade and Kathy are attacked by a man obsessed with normalcy and he uses a machine to turn his town "normal". It was great when Kathy got hit by it. DC really needs to try and collect the complete series into trades or hardcovers or something.

Megatron

CoqfWTZUAAAwylv.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One of my favorite pages. "Do not wreck this gigantic Doom" gets to me every time

I read two new comics about robots!

Mechanism #1 - Turns out this is only ostensibly about robots :( The world and story are boring, everything is boring and the robot
doesn't even speak or interact with anything at all he's just there.
There's also some computer coloring/inking shenanigans going on with the art, making it unpleasant to look at. This is a pass.

ROM #1 - What I've come to expect from IDW lately and I mean that in the best way. This is excellent fan service, I ate it with a spoon. It's weird that there are now
two versions of Dire Wraiths running around but you know I haven't seen them in Marvel books in awhile.
In any case it was a lot of fun to watch ROM
shred some Dire Wraiths.
The book is just rad. Recommended.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wheres the page where he explains why Dawn can breathe in space?

List time

Animosity 1

Hillbilly 2

Green Arrow 4
Superman 4
Unfollow 10

Black Science 23
Kill or Be Killed 1 (YESSSS of the week)
Low 15
Paper Girls 8
Tokyo Ghost 9 (omg Remender overload)
Walking Dead 157

Civil War II: Kingpin 2
Daredevil Annual 1
Doctor Strange 10
Invincible Iron Man 12
Moon Knight 5
Squadron Supreme 10
Uncanny Inhumans 12
Uncanny X-Men 11
Vote Loki 3

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I read two new comics about robots!

Mechanism #1 - Turns out this is only ostensibly about robots :( The world and story are boring, everything is boring and the robot
doesn't even speak or interact with anything at all he's just there.
There's also some computer coloring/inking shenanigans going on with the art, making it unpleasant to look at. This is a pass.

ROM #1 - What I've come to expect from IDW lately and I mean that in the best way. This is excellent fan service, I ate it with a spoon. It's weird that there are now
two versions of Dire Wraiths running around but you know I haven't seen them in Marvel books in awhile.
In any case it was a lot of fun to watch ROM
shred some Dire Wraiths.
The book is just rad. Recommended.

Just the two books I wanted to hear about. I'll skip Mechanism and ROM will stay on my wish list.

Dusknoir

List

Batman #4
Green Arrow #4
Superman #4
Nightwing #2
Suicide Squad Rebirth #1
Harley Quinn #1

I might also pick Scooby Apocalypse #3 and Red Hood Rebirth.

Marvel added the final JMS!Spider-Man collections to CMX(including the Loki team-up issues). Guessing there'll be a big AMS sale before the launch of Renew Your Vows.

I am all over the place with my comics recently. We're up to Batman #4 already? Not sure I've read 3 yet.

Still on the fence about getting into Rebirth Superman too.

Too many comics to buy these days

What makes me reluctant to start Superman is that DC never stops with the damn Superman crossovers. Even when they don't have one announced, I'm still bracing for one. That kept me away from most of Greg Pak's stuff during the New 52.

tim1138

I read the first volume of Paper Girls this morning, it was ok. I think my favorite part was the
future/adult people riding Quetzalcoatlus'
, that was a lot of fun. I'm not a huge BKV fan at all, so I doubt I'll read the rest unless it shows up on hoopla like volume 1 did.

This Civil War Amazing Spider Man book is fucking def.

Travel Foreman art and a really slowed down look at the impact and nuts AND bolts of a single Ulysses prediction. Ten stars.

Owzers

I don't find Kang to be an interesting villain, just a random time jerk, and he was holding back Uncanny Inhumans enthusiasm but issue #4 was still pretty good.

VanWinkle

Deadly Class OHC is 15 issues and is fucking massive. Shutter will be 25ish issues. I hate hate hate omnibus sized books. Two 12-13 issue books please.

You getting the Absolute WW by Azzarello/Chiang volume 1? It is just barely under 500 pages. Can't wait for it myself.

Top Bottom