• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Messi

Not to mention how few hit a number like that without the story suffering. Take 100 Bullets. Great book, but it definitely dragged on a bit too long for its own good.

Chew is about to hit it and the quality is still there. What others? Y the last man. BKV said he intends Saga to be longer than Y.

Is Invincible still good? Freeza actually do you know what is going on with Invincibles art. Is Ottley not doing it anymore? Some artist posted pages online yesterday not by him.

Sandfox

Not to mention how few hit a number like that without the story suffering. Take 100 Bullets. Great book, but it definitely dragged on a bit too long for its own good.
He wants to tell five 12 issue "seasons" so hopefully he has it planned out lol. Marvel certainly lets people stick on books long enough for him to hit it though and the character will only get more exposure as time goes on.

TheFlow

Banned
I played on xbox one. It's unacceptable.

"@tanehisicoates i havent read black panther yet but do you like anime?"

Previous times we asked comics pros this led to Ales Kot learning about us and considering joining. Sejic also told us his fave anime. But no one was surprised Sejic is into anime.

Didn't expect you to ask that question

Coates says that he wants to write 60 issues to tell the story he has planned and that's pretty crazy when you look at how few modern writers actually hit that.

Coates is staying till at least the end of 2018. Black Panther not only sells, but the movie is slated for release in less than 2 years.

Is Invincible still good? Freeza actually do you know what is going on with Invincibles art. Is Ottley not doing it anymore? Some artist posted pages online yesterday not by him.

As of Issue #127, Cory Walker is doing a 6-issue story arc ending at #132. Nothing beyond that has been solicited yet, so Ottley might be back after that. Right now he's been doing the Grizzly Shark book, and he also did a cover for the new Superfuckers series.

jun160404e.jpg

Messi

As of Issue #127, Cory Walker is doing a 6-issue story arc ending at #132. Nothing beyond that has been solicited yet, so Ottley might be back after that. Right now he's been doing the Grizzly Shark book, and he's also working on the new Superfuckers series.

Grizzly Shark is over it was only a 3 issues mini. Which BTW was really funny and stupid. I've not heard of the other book. If he leaves Invincible I might just bail.

Not to mention how few hit a number like that without the story suffering. Take 100 Bullets. Great book, but it definitely dragged on a bit too long for its own good. BKV did it with Y: The Last Man, so I think he can go the distance with Saga, too.
Sandman, Starman, preacher, transmetropolitan all did. Walking dead and Invinvible both still going strong. Fables peaked at 75. But still that's 75 issues.

JTripper

I'm approaching the end of B&R Eternal and I think it's great, but I have one question after issue #21 or so.

When Batman decided not to take Harper under his wing after her mom died, what made him justify training Jason and Tim after Dick leaves? I know the narration wouldn't make sense if it mentioned that at all since the flashback takes place before Batman ever meets Jason or Tim, but I just wonder that since the way it's written it just seems like maybe Batman would have just gone back to Harper after Dick leaves and been like "hey wanna be the new Robin?"

Maybe I'm overthinking it, and/or maybe it's just New 52 rewriting itself and not caring about canonical details, but it just made me question the issue after reading it.

Megatron

Chew is about to hit it and the quality is still there. What others? Y the last man. BKV said he intends Saga to be longer than Y.

Y the last Man definitely fell off toward the end. For me, anyway.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Coates seems nice and very clearly cares about Black Panther.

Agreed. I also love that he always gives credit to Brian Stelfreeze and Laura Martin, and tries,to,push people to check out other comics when they mention that BP is their first one. He's a great brand ambassador and a perfect pick for the book.

batadvenholspec-5.png

DC: Bruce pls keep your pants on why do keep sexualizing teen batgirl

Bruce Timm: I'm telling you tho this gag is from an old Superman comic :(

DC: NO do it again nigga

batadvenholspec-1.png

TheFlow

Banned
Looking at his Twitter replies is awesome.

Coates says he already has #12 planned out :0

I wonder how much time he was given for civil war

Didn't Walking Dead have a rough patch after 50 for a long period?

The only rough patch in TWD was every issue before 50. The prison and everything around it is probably comics at its lowest point ever.

The book is now among the best in the stands today. An incredible turn around to be sure.

Anyone else reading the Negan origin in Image+? Astonishing reveal in #4.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
OH MY GOD! That's disgusting! Naked comics about Batgirl? What's the comic called? Ugh, those disgusting DC comics, I mean, there's so many of them, though. Which one? What's it called?

Naked Batgirl list

Green Arrow #4
Harley Quinn #1
Suicide Squad Rebirth #1
Low #15
Paper Girls #8
Tokyo Ghost #9
Trees #14
Walking Dead #157
Doctor Strange #10
Giant Days #17
Hillbilly #2

Yeah. On top of her getting her costume shredded, she's rolling around with Catwoman for five issues. Just an awesome comic. The trade is out of print, sadly, but worth tracking down.

It looks so cheesecake, though. And you're saying it's actually a good comic?

Team Shutter is working on hardcovers for the series once it's over. I'd guess two OHCs

If it's after the series is done, why bother with two books? An all-in-one volume would be nicer, and it's not like there will be so many issues that it would make for an unwieldy omnibus.

the boy bruce timm has always been horny as hell, bruce timm is forever horny please help the boy buy his book so he can see a doctor

Is that the book there were two versions of? I know one of his art books got reprinted without all of the DC characters that were previously in it.

Top Bottom