• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Can you not

Flow got so many wrong opinions.

tumblr_n5tmnfs9qF1ta4qr4o1_500.gif

Nothing ever sells out where I live, except maybe The Force Awakens on that first night.

The only sold-out screening I've ever been to was the roadshow version of The Hateful Eight. It was only playing on one screen in the entire state of Ohio. Had to drive three hours to get there.

TheFlow

Banned
Nothing ever sells out where I live, except maybe The Force Awakens on that first night.

The only sold-out screening I've ever been to was the roadshow version of The Hateful Eight. It was only playing on one screen in the entire state of Ohio. Had to drive three hours to get there.

Force Awakens and Fast 7 were constantly sold out if you came at the time of the showing.

Force Awakens was something fierce

Secret Six is a way better group.

Yeah.

I'll probably go to the movie Friday morning. I'll have to go to the city because the cinema here is only doing evening screening due to the 15A certificate (which sucks, as the cinema here's way cheaper, plus they give me the cheaper rate because I worked there before). There's a good chance I'll be the only person there, I was the only one at Star Trek during the week. It's my birthday next weekend as well but I haven't heard anything from friends about doing anything, which is odd as we have three birthdays in the group.

Or they're just doing something without me. All things are possible.

I've got two weeks off anyway so I'm just going to do my own thing for awhile. Batman Telltale Episode 1 on Tuesday and I'm hopefully going to start a longer game as well. Just have no idea what. I'm taking a break from Overwatch after spectacularly stinking out the joint last night. I might read some comics but I haven't felt the urge to read much lately. Maybe I'll buy a new tablet. They feel like such a waste though when all I use mine for is comics.

Maybe I'll buy a new tablet. They feel like such a waste though when all I use mine for is comics.
All I use mine for is comics, but digital comics are the best thing, and they require a tablet for the best experience.

Once a year I use my iPad to have one more screen going during E3, but that really is the only time I use it for anything at all other than comics.

Hagi

Reading Clean Room vol 1. I'm not sure this book is very good :/. I don't want to keep reading but it's Gail :(

Been meaning to pick that up myself, only read the first issue but it was pretty creepy and had an interesting premise. Shame you aren't enjoying it.

VanWinkle

So I think my Ultimate Spiderman B&N edition omnibus is literally just the three first OHC volumes bound together. I reached the end of "vol 1" which is a ~350 pages and it felt like a good stopping point for now.

Going to read Eternals by Gaiman/JRJR now. Finished the first issue and it's awesome so far.

Ross61

Such a shame that Jeff Parker's Justice League United got cancelled by DC. Looks like it was just getting good too. I really think he's an underrated writer.

So I think my Ultimate Spiderman B&N edition omnibus is literally just the three first OHC volumes bound together. I reached the end of "vol 1" which is a ~350 pages and it felt like a good stopping point for now.

I have that. It is just the first three hardcovers together IIRC

Keep me posted if you need 4 and 5. :)

Such a shame that Jeff Parker's Justice League United got cancelled by DC. Looks like it was just getting good too. I really think he's an underrated writer.
Him and Mark Waid are the guys you turn to when you want some old-school superhero-ass superhero comics.

Zombine

Banned
Here's what I want:

Batman TAS

2K transfer of every episode over a bunch of disks

Commentary

The making of videos

Trailers

Cast interviews

Some chintzy statue

Some mini posters

And an action figure

$200

Holiday 2017

Edit: and a big ass box that won't look good on any shelf

I picked up the first six issues of ANAD Avengers (plus the FCBD 2015 issue and Avengers #0), and those are damn fine comics. I forgot how much I love that old style of team book, where instead of being the flagship series driving the broader direction of an overly connected universe, it's just a cool place to see the characters from other books you know and love interacting with each other. Waid takes great care to look at the kinds of stories that would be most uniquely well-suited to the specific characters in his cast, really taking all their powers and life situations into account to determine how they would interact both in the field and interpersonally. Honestly, it makes me realize that the criticism of Bendis for the interchangeability of his characters is much more valid and on-point than I even realized. Overall, this series is a welcome return to the days of Avengers comics that "matter" because they're damn good fun, as opposed to being "important" to the direction of the line.

Also, I'm watching the 1966 Batman in honor of its 50th anniversary today, and goddamn, Lee Meriwether is stunning in that movie. *bites knuckle*

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really enjoyed Uncanny Inhumans #2-4. Ahura making Kang his bitch at the end was cute. Is this the one you guys hate or is that All New Inhumans?

I sometimes wish for a BTAS remake. Have everything be the exactly same but get the animation crew of JLU to redo it and give some of the action scenes a little more omph (but story boarded essentially the same)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Not a fan of Brubaker and Philips?

Not yet. I've only read Fatale so far. Not that it was bad it just wasn't for me.

I bought The Fade Out in the last Image sale though. I think it's subject matter will be closer to my tastes.

If I like that and people like Kill or be Killed I'll probably pick it up down the road.

Top Bottom