• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

k1s3k1

Banned
23:07:48 -
Time for the first announcement then. Last year, recalls Dave, they announced the Go! products for PSP at Leipzig. They've been a "huge success". PSP installed base is 13.4 million throughout PAL territories, and 41 million worldwide.

23:07:22 -
That will be coming "first to Europe" and everything!

23:07:10 -
But wait! New games and technology too, says Dave!

23:07:03 -
He's going to showcase LBP, Killzone 2, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and Resistance 2. "Games you have seen showcased before," he helpfully observes.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Eurogamer the better liveblog? News at 11

Edit: Fuck you Eurogamer (not really, thanks for trying)

decon

cjdunn said:
Don't have to... you just will. :D
17:10:29 -

Plus PSP 3000 will include a built-in microphone - to help establish PSP as "a viable communication device".

No, now it's confirmed that I HAVE to.

cjdunn

decon said:
17:10:29 -

Plus PSP 3000 will include a built-in microphone - to help establish PSP as "a viable communication device".

No, now it's confirmed that I HAVE to.

Fuck, you're right.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Sony wants to "try new things", says Dave. Just make sure you and your partner are in a relaxed environment and it's a good idea to have a safety word, Dave.
:lol :lol For the win

8:18 a.m. -- Speaker says they're announcing a special, limited edition 160 GB PS3 with the same specs, just more HD space. Priced 449 Euros. Will include 70 Euros of additional downloadable game content

THA SHIT!!!

"PS3 has had a great year - sales have grown enormously." To over 14 million worldwide, apparently, and 5.8 million in PAL territories. The 6 million barrier is "within our sights by the end of this month".

And you still treated us like shit....

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
17:20:08 -
Now he's announcing that later this year, they will launch a wireless keypad for PS3.

17:19:48 -
LittleBigPlanet is coming out on 29th October in PAL territories. The box features Sack Boy holding a globe. It's very cute.
Wireless keypad bleh. Sackboy is the new Atlas?

Edit: GoW3 something according to IGN.

FUUUUCKKKKK

gc-2008-sony-press-conference-live-blog-20080819065458869.jpg

EDIT!!!! THIS IMAGE HAS APPEARED IN THE IGN LIVEBLOG FOR SOME SECONDS, NOW HAS DISSAPEARED!! :lol

k1s3k1

Banned
about the keybooard thing..
"The keypad will have a touch pad mode for mouse input. This is designed to make it easier to use the net browser, and "could be used in game development in the future"."

awesome! im getting

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
"Send music straight to your mobile." No sign of pricing, just a "buy" button. The interface looks similar to the PSN Store, but it's green rather than blue. "Your own music channel on PS3."
Interesting. Do not want. To buy, I mean ;)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
David throwing punches at Germany for liking RTSes. Watch out, you.

Edit: Singstar trailer, hmm. Oh shit, Singstar(Ps2) tracks on Singstar(PS3) by swapping discs.
Edit: Michael Jackson!? Omg.
Edit: Singstar with Disney, eh? Now I've heard it all. 6.99, September.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
EyePet.
17:32:43 -
"Something truly unique" now, says Dave. "EyePet."
17:32:55 -
"This magical application" lets you adopt a virtual pet and watch as he or she comes to life in your living room.
17:33:09 -
You can "stroke" them, "play with" them, or draw toys for them to play with in your living room.
17:33:32 -
Some footage is being show. A frightening monkey-dog thing is bursting out of a lifestyle family's telly.
17:34:17 -
The lifestyle boy claps and it jumps. He draws a car on a bit of paper, the monkey-thing colours it in and the lifestyle dad presses a button on the PS3 pad to turn it into a 3D wooden car.

decon

You can "stroke" them, "play with" them, or draw toys for them to play with in your living room.
PS3 is the new DS!

17:35:16 -

Another game now. "Tonight is the first time you have truly seen this game." It's Heavy Rain. David Cage, the president of developer Quantic Games, is taking the stage.

17:34:45 -

The monkey-thing is wearing a variety of outfits e.g. punk, dinosaur. I am not sure I understand the meaning of anything any more. EyePet is out next year.

17:34:17 -

The lifestyle boy claps and it jumps. He draws a car on a bit of paper, the monkey-thing colours it in and the lifestyle dad presses a button on the PS3 pad to turn it into a 3D wooden car.

k1s3k1

Banned
23:34:17 -

23:33:32 -

Some footage is being show. A frightening monkey-dog thing is bursting out of a lifestyle family's telly.

23:33:09 -

23:32:55 -

"This magical application" lets you adopt a virtual pet and watch as he or she comes to life in your living room.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Heavy Rain!

You heard it here third.

8:36 a.m. -- David Cage, with Quantic Dream takes the stage. This is the big one. People applaud happily. "After being silent for a while, we're proud to be in Leipzig." He references Noman Soul, Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and then The Casting, that sweet technical demo that we all saw a while ago.
8:37 a.m. -- He's here to talk about Heavy Rain today. Key points: This will be mature/serious content. It's going to be accessible. It's going to be an emotional experience (moral choices and the like, the player will be playing the story).
8:38 a.m. -- It will be story driven and your decisions have consequences. These are some of the same themes that Cage went over during my meeting with him prior to the press conference. Make sure to check out my Eyes-on, readers! It's good stuff.
8:39 a.m. -- Cage mentions that Sony has been very supportive of their efforts. Actual gameplay footage is being shown, a rainy neighborhood is tainted by the presence of something evil. Sinister.
8:39 a.m. -- These are scenes from the Origami Killer demonstration we received previously. Very intense contextual gameplay with an extremely vivid emotional touch. Heavy Rain 2009 ends the trailer.

Your Virtual Pet. I thought it was something else, but I guess we're going to be raising 3D virtual pets with the power of the PS3. Trailer time. Using EyeToy, you can interact through the video and the little creature reacts to your gestures in real time. It shows it finishing in your drawings for you, after you've scanned it in, including making a fully functional little car. Now it's playing dress up. Crazy. Actual looks pretty cute, but let's see if the game is actually as awesome as the guitar-filled trailer.

I remember that stuff being shown more than a year ago in the ps blog. They made a tank in a paper, scanned it with the eye toy and then the tank was alive. Same for some bananas and simple physics.

Promising

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Eurogamer:
17:36:56 -
Quantic wants to centre the game on "narrative and emotion", and "mature content" and "complex stories".
17:37:44 -
However, it's got to be accessible to a broad audience too. No guns, cars etc. - it's about the emotional experience, empathy, contextual actions and moral choices. You will play the story instead of watching it; you will be the writer, director at the same time.
17:38:08 -
They wanted to make a game where the story is told through players' actions, not cut-scenes. A picture of a crying lady is on the screen! That's more like it.
17:38:23 -
"We think about it not like a videogame, but as a different kind of experience based on emotion." I once had a similar experience with Pac-Man World 3.
17:38:42 -
Time for a trailer. "Actual gameplay footage," apparently.
17:39:44 -
It's raining in what looks like a suburban US town. Kids skip about on porch step. A lady gets off a motorbike infront of the house and climbs through the window, which slams shut after her. She walks into the lounge. The windows are boarded up, mannequins are posed in strange clothes.
17:40:47 -
There's a man in the house - they start fighting. He's got a knife. They face off across a table then into the bedroom. The scene ends abruptly, and cuts to the image of the woman's face when she was still outside the house, wet with her tears or the rain - it's hard to tell.
17:41:55 -
"Full time 3D and playable," says Cagey. During the demo shape button icons appeared, suggesting context-sensitive play - a bit like Quick-Time Actions. Hmm. That's all Dave's got to share with us this year.
17:42:28 -
"On numerous occasions we've accepted it was difficult for us with PS3," says Dave. "2008 has been a great year so far and we've every confidence... The only first now we care about is that PS3 is the first choice for gaming."
That's that.

k1s3k1

Banned
8:40 a.m. -- Everything is real-time 3D, and it's exclusive on the PS3. I'm extremely excited about this one. The audience applauds happily -- seems like we're all pleased. Host thanks Cage for the demonstration and comes back on the stage. Ah, looks like the conference is wrapping up. "We hope you enjoyed it." But a few more updates, don't go away yet!

8:39 a.m. -- These are scenes from the Origami Killer demonstration we received previously. Very intense contextual gameplay with an extremely vivid emotional touch. Heavy Rain 2009 ends the trailer.

All about heavy rain. It seems to deliver!! Yay! (Read from the bottom to the top)

8:40 a.m. -- Everything is real-time 3D, and it's exclusive on the PS3. I'm extremely excited about this one. The audience applauds happily -- seems like we're all pleased. Host thanks Cage for the demonstration and comes back on the stage. Ah, looks like the conference is wrapping up. "We hope you enjoyed it." But a few more updates, don't go away yet!

8:39 a.m. -- Cage mentions that Sony has been very supportive of their efforts. Actual gameplay footage is being shown, a rainy neighborhood is tainted by the presence of something evil. Sinister.

8:38 a.m. -- It will be story driven and your decisions have consequences. These are some of the same themes that Cage went over during my meeting with him prior to the press conference. Make sure to check out my Eyes-on, readers! It's good stuff.

8:37 a.m. -- He's here to talk about Heavy Rain today. Key points: This will be mature/serious content. It's going to be accessible. It's going to be an emotional experience (moral choices and the like, the player will be playing the story).

8:36 a.m. -- David Cage, with Quantic Dream takes the stage. This is the big one. People applaud happily. "After being silent for a while, we're proud to be in Leipzig." He references Nomad Soul, Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and then The Casting, that sweet technical demo that we all saw a while ago.

8:34 a.m. -- Heavy Rain time!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That last bayonetta image looks like the same environment that one of the OG Devil May Cry 4 trailers was. lol. I need videos of this game, months ago. :(

S1kkZ

i am back from gc leipzig. i played a bunch of stuff, so if you have questions: ask!

games i played:

quantum of solace
spider-man web of shadows
killzone 2
midnight club
motorstorm 2
resistance 2
saints row 2
mirrors edge
sonic unleashed
mk vs. dc
street fighter 4 360 version
bionic commando
far cry 2 360
call of duty 4 player co-op

and i saw a lot of stuff.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Seems to be German blabla going on right now, accompanying a demo similar to the E3 LBP powerpoint thing.

Edit: MEGATON! SingStar Turkish Party!! German exclusive. The irony! Mwahahaha!

Edit: NOW it's LBP time.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
kamorra said:
Considering the big turkish community in Germany this is could be indeed a MEGATON.
I'm german, so yeah, pretty much.

Edit: Haha, Sackboy dancing to Turkish Party. Brilliant!

KdoubleA

Oldschoolgamer said:
That last bayonetta image looks like the same environment that one of the OG Devil May Cry 4 trailers was. lol. I need videos of this game, months ago. :(

Can you link me to that image, please. Haven't seen a single gameplay screenshot of Bayonetta yet!!

Top Bottom