• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

16:56:38 -

"I'm just going to ignore this guy and carry on," says the LBP man. "I can't understand a word you're saying but you smell beautiful," says the weird TV man. "Go on please with this perfect game."

16:55:25 -

Perhaps this man is big in Germany. Loads of press photographers are now taking pictures. This is weird. Now he's being invited to play LittleBigPlanet. It must be a setup.

16:54:46 -

The TV man tries to talk to the LBP man in German but he doesn't actually speak it. Is this for real?

16:54:31 -

He's interrupted the demo and shaken the hand of the LBP man and the Sony man. They look frightened. There is a lot of German talking going on.

16:54:03 -

We're seeing four Sackboys in what looks like a big tent on the big screen. One's a cowboy, one's a lion, one's wearing a Russian hat and the other one's plain. What's going on? Someone has stormed onto the stage with a camera and microphone.

WUT?

k1s3k1

Banned
23:56:38 -

"I'm just going to ignore this guy and carry on," says the LBP man. "I can't understand a word you're saying but you smell beautiful," says the weird TV man. "Go on please with this perfect game."

LOL

wmat said:
How can you POSSIBLY make a sadface? That was an awesome pc, going by what we read.

I thought crazy German guys was building to a "one more thing" type moment...

Anyway, it seems when theu were playing LBP on stage someone earned a trophie, which I guess was cool!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
KdoubleA said:
That's basically what Indigo Prophecy/ Fahrenheit was...It was still great, though!!
Well, I'm not saying it's absolutely atrocious because of that. Just seeing that the focus is so heavy(lol) on QTEs is a bit of a downer.

decon

377.jpg

Will be more usefull than the 360 one, and I say this only because of the webbrowser which I've found myself using quite a lot actually.

distrbnce

Banned
including a mode that turns the main key area into a touch pad (similar to a touch pad on a Laptop computer). Once in this mode, you can slide your finger on this area to move the cursor on the screen and tap to enter.

Wha...?

Chairhome

S1kkZ said:
i am back from gc leipzig. i played a bunch of stuff, so if you have questions: ask!

games i played:

quantum of solace
spider-man web of shadows
killzone 2
resistance 2
saints row 2
mirrors edge
sonic unleashed
mk vs. dc
street fighter 4 360 version
call of duty 4 player co-op

and i saw a lot of stuff.

Just wanted to see what your quick impressions were of the above games. Also, how was CoD 5 compared to CoD 4? SF IV played well? Spider-man combat system as improved as they say? MK vs DC any fun? Mirrors edge more fun to control than to watch? Sorry, just want to know cause you're pretty lucky to have played those! Thanks.

S1kkZ said:
i am back from gc leipzig. i played a bunch of stuff, so if you have questions: ask!

games i played:

quantum of solace
spider-man web of shadows
killzone 2
midnight club
motorstorm 2
resistance 2
saints row 2
mirrors edge
sonic unleashed
mk vs. dc
street fighter 4 360 version
bionic commando
far cry 2 360
call of duty 4 player co-op

and i saw a lot of stuff.
so how's Sonic Unleashed? Any good?

S1kkZ

Chairhome said:
Just wanted to see what your quick impressions were of the above games. Also, how was CoD 5 compared to CoD 4? SF IV played well? Spider-man combat system as improved as they say? MK vs DC any fun? Mirrors edge more fun to control than to watch? Sorry, just want to know cause you're pretty lucky to have played those! Thanks.

please consider that i had no manuals, a small amount of time for each game and a lot of stress.

cod 5: played 4 player co-op for 10 minutes. i didnt like it at all. the graphics looked worse then cod4, some areas looked terrible (textures).
felt more like cod3 then 4. and the hiding stuff of the japanes forces is just a dusguise for insane ammount of enemy spawning.

sf4: was only playable with the 360 controller. it played ok but you should play it with a stick.

spider-man: yes, the fighting system is fucking awesome.

mk vs. dc was very good.

mirrors edge controls are...strange. to me, mirrors is more fun to watchm then it is to play.

@hitlersaurus: the 2d sections were awesome, the 3d sections were terrible. way, WAY to sensible controls, worse then the last 360 sonic. didnt play the werehog levels. very good visuals.

decon said:
377.jpg

Will be more usefull than the 360 one, and I say this only because of the webbrowser which I've found myself using quite a lot actually.

That's almost as bad as the Microsoft Miis

but still neet

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok now I'm angry :mad:

Why no sound?! First SFIV and now Tomb Raider, wtf?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Seiken said:
Ok now I'm angry :mad:

Why no sound?! First SFIV and now Tomb Raider, wtf?
Ever been to a game show? Unless you are in a closed room all the sound you are going to get is the music blasting out of the booth and the crowd.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blimblim said:
Ever been to a game show? Unless you are in a closed room all the sound you are going to get is the music blasting out of the booth and the crowd.
:( I guess you're right but it feels so empty... I mean, I have nothing against hearing the crowd in the background but ah well :).

Yoshichan

So I just watched the Tomb Raider footage and I'm not sure yet. This seems to be another game that requires a demo for me to be sure it's worth buying.

The graphics looks pretty good, I love how the contrast is high.
Lots of platforming, I like that.

The animations are poor compared to that game. I mean, check her jump at 2:48 if you want a good laugh.
The battle against the tigers made me sick with all this motion blur and clumsy animations.

EDIT: Oh and there are checkpoints everywhere. That's a good thing :)!

Yoshichan

Now that was awesome. The quality wasn't that bad, in fact it made it look better :lol

I love how there are showers every now and then that cools down your engine. And god damn, the game is FAST compared to MS.

Oh and what's up with the opponents? He was driving almost flawlessly, yet he was always last place? They REALLY need to tone down the difficulty level, I don't want to break another controller to get gold in every race like in the original :/

Top Bottom