• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2: Real-Emergence Thread of Cubed Meat - HD Gameplay up!

Aladuf23 said:
:lol Baird is ALWAYS the one being killed whenever there is an image from Gears... like the one image from Gears 1 when he's about to be curbstomped, and then the one from the scans of the UK OXM where he's about to get beat to death by a Locust and now this! Epic has it out for ol' Baird.
I can't always be Carmine, right?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kibbles said:
So the meatflag isn't an actual player, just an AI?

Yup - a loud, crazy Stranded... adds more fuel to EGM's suspicion that Gears 2 may have bots since they said that apparently Epic hinted at that - but I'd advise not to get your hopes up, and wait for official confirmation...

II VerTigo II said:
Does this map "River" look like Canals?

Not in any way possible - setting is in a sunset area with snow on the ground here and there, lots of tall trees and telephone poles with huge snowy-sprinkled mountains in the background - imagine a large area with a shallow river running along length-ways from one end to the other, with a large lodge on each side, and a high bridge running straight across the middle...

Aladuf

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Not in any way possible - setting is in a sunny area with snow on the ground here and there, lots of tall trees and telephone poles with huge snowy-sprinkled mountains in the background - imagine a large area with a shallow river running along length-ways from one end to the other, with a large lodge on each side, and a high bridge running straight across the middle...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT THIS EGM TO COME NOW!! I WANT TO SEE THIS ALL!!

Aladuf23 said:
:lol Oh Shit! Touche

... I didn't even think of that!
Hey, lets not get started.
In the first game Lt. Minh Young Kim (who, judging by the name must be Korean AND Vietnamese) not only dies in Act 1, but is also voiced by some British guy.

Sandman42

_dementia said:
Hey, lets not get started.
In the first game Lt. Minh Young Kim (who, judging by the name must be Korean AND Vietnamese) not only dies in Act 1, but is also voiced by some British guy.
But he has the codes!

Kibbles

I almost forgot about that ''Gears 2 related surprise'' that's with the 360 version of Unreal Tournament III... interesting how it's coming out just after all this MP information is coming out... perhaps, dare I say, a Multiplayer Beta? Magazines out for all in June, announcement is made that it's with UT3, gives a month to generate hype, tons of people buy UT3... $$$.

Could just be wishful thinking.

Sandman42

Kibbles said:
I almost forgot about that ''Gears 2 related surprise'' that's with the 360 version of Unreal Tournament III... interesting how it's coming out just after all this MP information is coming out... perhaps, dare I say, a Multiplayer Beta? Magazines out for all in June, announcement is made that it's with UT3, gives a month to generate hype, tons of people buy UT3... $$$.

It's probably just a unlockable Marcus Fenix character model or a new trailer on the disc.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Skilotonn said:
Yup - a loud, crazy Stranded... adds more fuel to EGM's suspicion that Gears 2 may have bots since they said that apparently Epic hinted at that - but I'd advise not to get your hopes up, and wait for official confirmation...

Not in any way possible - setting is in a sunset area with snow on the ground here and there, lots of tall trees and telephone poles with huge snowy-sprinkled mountains in the background - imagine a large area with a shallow river running along length-ways from one end to the other, with a large lodge on each side, and a high bridge running straight across the middle...

Sounds awesome, now to see this for myself.

Man this makes me wanna play right now. Anyone?

Kibbles

Well I doubt it'll just be a Marcus character model or something because Mark Rein said ''Gears 2 related surprise'', not just Gears in general, but specifically Gears 2.

Kibbles said:

Ha, that's one way to sell UT3 (hey worked for Crackdown), not that I mind because UT3 is a great game (same with Crackdown).

Salazar

Bots makes this a buy and keep, as opposed to a buy (it's not like I could sanely miss it), squeeze all goodness out of campaign, and regretfully trade.

Heh. Bots. I can picture trying to work on my sniping against them 24/7. Would be really helpful and probably a lot a fun.

Can't say I really expect it though.

Aladuf

Banned
So, I finally got my EGM yesterday and got around to reading it just now and it was all just too awesome! I took a second when I was reading it and kinda paused and thought about how FUCKING LONG the wait is gonna be for this thing.

Stuff like the curbstomps now when you turn them over, and the Torque Bow's execution (which is :O btw!) all make this wait so much more intense.

Aladuf23 said:
So, I finally got my EGM yesterday and got around to reading it just now and it was all just too awesome! I took a second when I was reading it and kinda paused and thought about how FUCKING LONG the wait is gonna be for this thing.

Stuff like the curbstomps now when you turn them over, and the Torque Bow's execution (which is :O btw!) all make this wait so much more intense.
I'm just curious, how is it a curpstomp at all if the victim is facing you and not the... well, curb?

watership said:
Has no one posted this yet?

Nice! I'll have to pick up the Gears 2 EGM this weekend. Apparently my subscription ran out. With piss poor timing as well. Totally forgot that UT3 will have a "Gears 2 surprise". I've been thinking about checking out UT3 on 360 when it comes out...Depending on what the surprise is, it might put me over the top and I'll pick it up.

Decado

Fantastic model textures mean nothing if they don't implement model damage. Starting to look stupid with the level of detail games like this have.

Kibbles

The gamersyde screens were just cropped screens from the EGM Zinio digital magazine. (which is 100% legal and if you go to that thread (from NeoGAF) I posted earlier you get a free issue).

Played some Gears games tonight. I've played it on and off since release, with a total of about 5K kills including 2k in Annex. Still love it, but after playing games like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and even Shadowrun, there's definitely a lot of improvements that can be made to multiplayer, the most of which relate to bullet lag, small glitches, host advantage, etc. Based on what I've read, Epic is definitely addressing these issues, and going far above and beyond the call to improve the multiplayer in Gears 2 and I'm looking forward to it being my GOTY:D

TDG

Banned
I got my EGM yesterday. :)

I was definitely very down on Gears 1's multiplayer, but GoW2 multiplayer sounds very promising.

I need to read it more carefully before making more comments, but I thought I'd mention that the burst assault rifle (forget what it's full name is) sounds like it's becoming much more powerful, as though it'll almost be like Halo's Battle Rifle. This is definitely good news. It'll be good to have an accurate medium/long-range weapon that isn't the Sniper, and the burst rifle was very satisfying to fire in GoW1, it was just useless.

the disgruntled gamer said:
I need to read it more carefully before making more comments, but I thought I'd mention that the burst assault rifle (forget what it's full name is) sounds like it's becoming much more powerful, as though it'll almost be like Halo's Battle Rifle. This is definitely good news. It'll be good to have an accurate medium/long-range weapon that isn't the Sniper, and the burst rifle was very satisfying to fire in GoW1, it was just useless.
The Hammerburst was actually a good rifle, and originally stronger than the Lancer. That is until Epic made the Lancer more powerful due to the lag issues...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
the disgruntled gamer said:
I got my EGM yesterday. :)

I was definitely very down on Gears 1's multiplayer, but GoW2 multiplayer sounds very promising.

Is it still 4v4? I'm a little behind on the GoW2 footage. My biggest problem with GoW's multi is that even a few under performing players could bring down a whole team, and turn the game into a one-sided slaughter.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SapientWolf said:
Is it still 4v4? I'm a little behind on the GoW2 footage. My biggest problem with GoW's multi is that even a few under performing players could bring down a whole team, and turn the game into a one-sided slaughter.

5v5 max.

Top Bottom