• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyunkel6 said:
For those still playing the Gears 2 MP, how is it now? More or less the same thing at launch, or was it vastly improved? the 25x exp is really tempting.

Gears of War 2 1.6 |OT| Polish a turd, it's still a turd

-PXG- said:
No.

We're actually full at the moment. Register now and you'll be put on a waiting list. We're probably going to expand the limit though.

Trust me, there are REALLY good teams signed up. This is a big deal. Plus it's the FIRST Gears 3 tourney.

Quinn Delhoyo from Epic will be doing the commentary for the finals. Yep...
Is it too late to be put on the waiting list? I tried registering, but it said sold out.

Addnan

Hyunkel6 said:
For those still playing the Gears 2 MP, how is it now? More or less the same thing at launch, or was it vastly improved? the 25x exp is really tempting.
Completely different. Host selection is greatly improved, matches can be found fairly quickly. Still can't be compared to the beta though.

-PXG-

Shadowlink said:
Is it too late to be put on the waiting list? I tried registering, but it said sold out.

I'm not entirely sure. I can ask them tomorrow what's going on. I'm just the graphic's guy, so I know very little about the logistics regarding the tournament.

I do know they're thinking about expanding the amount of teams. It's possible, but not certain at the moment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I had a few questions that went unanswered in the Gears threads and a few others:

1) Do skins apply to SP guns too? Or at least ones you start a mission with?
2) Do we know all the mutators and what they do yet? (assuming they're UT-like Mutators)
3) Can you level up your challenges/contribute through them, such as get 6000 kills etc. In Campaign and/or local custom games?
4) Will pre-order bonus characters eventually be DLC? How was this handled with Gears 2? Were they ever released otherwise?
5) What is arcade mode?
6) Can I play beast mode splitscreen?

Hope someone can help a brother out.

-PXG- said:
I'm not entirely sure. I can ask them tomorrow what's going on. I'm just the graphic's guy, so I know very little about the logistics regarding the tournament.

I do know they're thinking about expanding the amount of teams. It's possible, but not certain at the moment.
It's cool! I'll be the first one eliminated anyways. :p

Plasmid

I'd really like a savage kantus code from anyone if they want a commando dom when the game's out.

PM me if youre interested.

-PXG- said:
No.

We're actually full at the moment. Register now and you'll be put on a waiting list. We're probably going to expand the limit though.

Trust me, there are REALLY good teams signed up. This is a big deal. Plus it's the FIRST Gears 3 tourney.

Quinn Delhoyo from Epic will be doing the commentary for the finals. Yep...

pimping a tournament here on gaf and then not actually establish a gaf squad

y r u even here

enzo_gt said:
I had a few questions that went unanswered in the Gears threads and a few others:

5) What is arcade mode? Score attack
6) Can I play beast mode splitscreen? Probably yes

-PXG-

enzo_gt said:

1) Do skins apply to SP guns too? Or at least ones you start a mission with?
2) Do we know all the mutators and what they do yet? (assuming they're UT-like Mutators)
3) Can you level up your challenges/contribute through them, such as get 6000 kills etc. In Campaign and/or local custom games?
4) Will pre-order bonus characters eventually be DLC? How was this handled with Gears 2? Were they ever released otherwise?
5) What is arcade mode?
6) Can I play beast mode splitscreen?

1) No and no
2) Yes, I've know/seen all of them, but it's leaked info.
3 Onyx skins can only be unlocked in Versus. Most things can be unlocked in all modes.
4) Probably. Skins were eventually given out as prizes for contests. No.
5 Read the OP
6) Pretty sure you can. Would suck if you couldn't.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-PXG- said:
1) No and no
2) Yes, I've know/seen all of them, but it's leaked info.
3 Onyx skins can only be unlocked in Versus. Most things can be unlocked in all modes.
4) Probably. Skins were eventually given out as prizes for contests. No.
5 Read the OP
6) Pretty sure you can. Would suck if you couldn't.
Thanks and thanks to The Xtortionist for the answers!

I was oogling the images so much I skimmed over a lot of the OP.

-PXG-

whitehawk said:
Stop running away! Also, get a microphone!

I would have played longer but I am dead tired.

I'm host, I can do whatever the FUCK I want.

I said earlier that my replacement part is coming tomorrow. I should be able to talk again.

The Xtortionist said:
God of War Origins should keep me busy until the 20th. What are you guys going to be playing?

edit - not one fuck was given i guess

Dead Island!

Finish up Toy Soldiers: Cold War and From Dust.

Was going to buy Deus Ex but I'll just wait for Gears 3 to drop - not long now :)

There needs to be more people online, I'm ranking like hell cause I'm just playing mostly against bots! King of the hill seems to be the mode where you really earn a lot of XP.

-PXG-

Plasmid said:
I'd really like a savage kantus code from anyone if they want a commando dom when the game's out.

PM me if youre interested.

Who the fuck actually wants Commando Dom? GS gets the worst one...Fuck that.

Volimar

Awesome OT PXG.

Only two things.

1). You might want to change the "First four dlc" part of the Season Pass. Because of the weapon skins bundle, people might assume that they are one of the dlcs that you get with the pass.

2). I only do this out of respect. Savage Kanuts? Too late to fix?

-PXG-

Volimar said:
Awesome OT PXG.

Only two things.

1). You might want to change the "First four dlc" part of the Season Pass. Because of the weapon skins bundle, people might assume that they are one of the dlcs that you get with the pass.

2). I only do this out of respect. Savage Kanuts? Too late to fix?

1) I'm just using Epic's wording. You are "right" though

2) Thanks. I will fix that in the morning.

Milly79

mbrbmg.jpg

If you all wanna boost Gears 2 KotH send me a message right now. I'm in a room with 3 people right now. We need more peeps.

Gamertag is MortalMonkey

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So much sex. Can't wait for the game next week. I grinded the past two XP events like crazy until I reached lvl 100.

"Let's do this."

Gahhhh, I need a new controller before this comes out. Both of the ones I have are beat to hell and back. I wanted that silver one but buying the Gears 3 Edition would be appropriate. Hmmmm decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom