• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind he does it, it's just that he does it multiple times on every page. Whenever the conversation goes anywhere else he's back reminding us were going to be excited on Saturday because of the reveal he knows about. Kev, kagari, verendus, shinobi, etc. all tease but they do it sparingly which adds to the fun...just dial it back a little bud and I think everyone will be happy

Will do!

Okay. Can someone please explain to me the definition of teasing on GAF? Yes I do have some intentional teases but some of the things I say aren't even meant to be a teaser but people still take them that way. Is that my fault or.........

You set the tone earlier in the thread. The best thing you could do in my opinion, is leave the thread until next weekend, and the thing you know; ostensibly, is announced. But you probably won't.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I want a remastered version of Math Blaster. I know some people don't know what this is, but this was my childhood.

o4NGvvA.jpg

You're not alone. Math Blaster, wow. I remember that very screen too.

Pennywise

I miss his pre conference hype GIFs :/
Yeah, I can understand that he is not doing it again.
The whole leaked trailer destroyed his teasing :/ but it was fun

This is how I was when he was dropping the hints:

I mean how often he just dropped the word "beast" without anyone noticing.
Detective GAF was on every posting he had and tried to pick together stuff and they still didn't get every hint.

Detective GAF was on every posting he had and tried to pick together stuff and they still didn't get every hint.

Was demonnite a mod? Or no?

But I don't wanna go :-/

Stay with us!

I do have a question that I asked a little bit earlier in the thread but I didn't get a response from anybody. Maybe you would know it.

All of these games that people hype up, whether it be the FF7R, Shenmue, Half Life 3, etc. etc...does Sony ever discuss what would happen if they could bring these games to market on their platform? Even if it is just to see the path it would take to do it, I've always wondered if a company like Sony even makes the "hey, what is it gonna take" phone call.

Okay. Can someone please explain to me the definition of teasing on GAF? Yes I do have some intentional teases but some of the things I say aren't even meant to be a teaser but people still take them that way. Is that my fault or.........
Well, yes, it is still your fault. Gaf is a big forum. its not like other places where posts are like every 3-5 minutes. There's a TON of users here in each thread. So when you posts it's taken apart and analyzed by the guy that loves to analyze, only thing is, here on GAF, there's like 40 of them! I mean, there's only one week left, but I think this thread would have benefited more next week. There's still too many days left for speculation and crazy ideas.

My 2 cents on users here. Take it down two notches. I'm not talking about the guys who are just having fun in a hype thread, but there are genuinely people expecting some megaton conference, and there's a number of reasons I don't think that's likely.

1) This is a celebration of Playstation, so there will likely be some genuine talk about the platforms, old games, conversations with devs, and where the future is going for the division. Not only that, there's people very interested in that type of dialog, which can take up considerable amount of time.

2) Yoshida has stated, because of TLG situation, he is not keen on announcing titles after title just to build hype if it isn't close to completion. So, maybe some or all of these megatons are in production as we speak, but if titles are in the planning stages, this stuff is 2017 talk, and will not be at the show.

3) There's no need to announce big title after title here. If there is indeed a game Sony knows will get a lot of attention from press and fans, we shouldn't expect to have a night full of those types of announcements.

4) Getting updates on games we know about and seeing how they look and play is amazing! UC4, The Order, BB, FF15, Wild, Rime, NMS, The Witness, etc...many of these titles are GOTY candidates. We are already in for a dose of awesome of 75% of the announced stuff turns out to be great 9/10 9.5/10 experiences. These titles will generate a lot of hype on there own, without any need of a "megaton"

So there's my 2 cents. I think the show will be great, but balance has been what Sony seems to focused on since PS4 launch. Everything seems very planned...I expect doozies, but also think Sony will continue to spread out hype for different shows in the year.

Xpliskin

Damn, the thread turned into ridicule.

"It's gonna BLOW your mind"

"You guys wanna watch the PSX ;) (random poster teasing)"

" *picture of old ps1 game* "

Whatever it is, it's not gonna live up to your expectations. Don't do this to yourselves.
Edge dude's stuff is probably a "mehh" announcement to most.

Pachimari

Damn, the thread turned into ridicule.

"It's gonna BLOW your mind"

"You guys wanna watch the PSX ;) (random poster teasing)"

" *picture of old ps1 game* "

Whatever it is, it's not gonna live up to your expectations. Don't do this to yourselves.
Edge dude's stuff is probably a "mehh" announcement to most.
I don't think most of us are being serious at this point.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Yeah, it was really fun seeing him post but someone had to go ahead and leak everything. I would have honestly lost it when Shuhei was going to announce it!

This was the stuff of legends.

:(

It's the best game on PS3 imo
I have no idea what they did with Starhawk. I get they were trying to expand and do different things. But man, come on, you have to at least try to build on an idea and see if Warhawk 2 (bigger/better) sold more than the original.

They completely ruined the pick-up-and-play nature of the game, and OMG those dogfights were incredible!

B.O.O.M

I don't mind he does it, it's just that he does it multiple times on every page. Whenever the conversation goes anywhere else he's back reminding us were going to be excited on Saturday because of the reveal he knows about. Kev, kagari, verendus, shinobi, etc. all tease but they do it sparingly which adds to the fun...just dial it back a little bud and I think everyone will be happy

yeah fair enough

I have no idea what they did with Starhawk. I get they were trying to expand and do different things. But man, come on, you have to at least try to build on an idea and see if Warhawk 2 (bigger/better) sold more than the original.

They completely ruined the pick-up-and-play nature of the game, and OMG those dogfights were incredible!

Couldn't agree more. I was in the beta for StarHawk and couldn't take to it. I ended up picking it up cheap on a weekly PS Store sale and was disappointed in the final release. Warhawk had everything, it was frantic and satisfying.

But I don't wanna go :-/

As I said, you've set the tone already, and unfortunately you can't take that back.

I hope next time, when you find out something early you just handle your information a little more responsibly and maturely. Because it really just derails what little genuine discussion/updates there are here, and becomes a sideshow focusing on one individual's posts.

As I said, you've set the tone already, and unfortunately you can't take that back.

I hope next time, when you find out something early you just handle your information a little more responsibly and maturely. Because it really just derails what little genuine discussion/updates there are here, and becomes a sideshow focusing on one individual's posts.

Dude can you seriously get over yourself? Please step down from that pedestal, it's nauseating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom