• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the new page and in case anyone glosses over it, that was a "two part" tweet ;)

davidscottjaffe ‏@davidscottjaffe

Fuck it- it's less than a week away&I'm allowed to confirm it anyway at this point: we ARE making a new God of War

davidscottjaffe ‏@davidscottjaffe

Inspired ice sculpture for my kid's birthday party!!! Kratos ice sculpt is so gonna rock!!!!!!

viveks86

As I said, you've set the tone already, and unfortunately you can't take that back.

I hope next time, when you find out something early you just handle your information a little more responsibly and maturely. Because it really just derails what little genuine discussion/updates there are here, and becomes a sideshow focusing on one individual's posts.

Backseat modding much? Thread is doing just fine. If you call this a derailed thread, then you haven't seen derailed threads on GAF. People have asked him to tone down and mods will intervene if necessary. Let him be

Pennywise

My guess is either a Sakaguchi game or a Chrono sequel. Perhaps a Chrono sequel with Sakaguchi involved

Guess why they're setting together with Ito.

1956923_10204926195015825_6751177819941198748_o.jpg

Sakaguchi is meeting old friends/colleagues pretty often, so no that's not a hint :p

i-Lo

I remain skeptical; a deterrence for disappointment.

Of course, renting a few hundred thousand sq ft has ramifications that dampen my cynicism.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I really miss Nathan Drake. Here's hoping for an remaster of 1, 2 and 3 for the PS4.

Talking about God of War, I just saw this tweet:

Fun fact: Sony has had a listing to hire a community manager with expert God of War knowledge since July

And here is the job listing.

Just confirming the obvious really. We all know there is a new GoW coming.

dude you got rekt by jaffe's twitter post but seeing the fine print here, a new gow is being made, probably being saved for e3 though

StuBurns

Banned
I really miss Nathan Drake. Here's hoping for an remaster of 1, 2 and 3 for the PS4.

dude you got rekt by jaffe's twitter post but seeing the fine print here, a new gow is being made, probably being saved for e3 though
They said it probably won't be ready for next E3. I think they're probably targeting March '16 though, in which case, I do think it'll be at E3.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
They said it probably won't be ready for next E3. I think they're probably targeting March '16 though, in which case, I do think it'll be at E3.

Please tell me where! I remember there being a thread about someone wanting U1,2 and 3 remastered but never read any tweets or interviews from ND about it!

I was talking about GoW4. An UC Collection is a no-brainer for Q3.
Whoops. My bad.

I think I am more hyped for PSX then I have been for an E3 in a while, and thats just looking at what we already know is going to be there. This next week is going to be a long one.

#noleaks

viveks86

I hope they would be smart enough to release a remaster trilogy before U4 releases.
Remastering all 3 will be quite the endeavor. Especially the first one since they overhauled the engine for the second one iirc. Unless they outsourced it to a different studio, I don't see it happening

DJIzana

Guess why they're setting together with Ito.

Sakaguchi is meeting old friends/colleagues pretty often, so no that's not a hint :p

My guess is either a Sakaguchi game or a Chrono sequel. Perhaps a Chrono sequel with Sakaguchi involved

I don't believe Chrono Break is happening one bit, unfortunately...

It hurts to say that because Chrono is LITERALLY my favorite Square IP of all time.

1. Yasunori Mitsuda basically said Chrono isn't profitable.

2. Sakaguchi is likely going to make Terra Battle for consoles for his next game before he does anything else.

LuuKyK

Happened with Tomb Raider, and Square Enix loves hats. The ones made with green paper.

But even if the first game was multiplatform, the sequel of Tomb Raider was never announced for the PS4 or PC, was it? The exclusivity deal was clear the moment it was announced. That is not the case for XV.

Platforms were never announced.

It wouldn't be a first by any stretch though.

Well, I can't name any other case of that happening with any other big game.

Remastering all 3 will be quite the endeavor. Especially the first one since they overhauled the engine for the second one iirc. Unless they outsourced it to a different studio, I don't see it happening
Could they pull off something like an HD collection like we saw with God of War? And not do a full remaster like TLOU?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Could they pull off something like an HD collection like we saw with God of War? And not do a full remaster like TLOU?

TLOU probably used DirectX11, or any other, which is why the porting was easier from PS3 to PS4. Uncharted 1 and 2 are pretty old games, including 3. They would have to rework it from the ground up to bring it to the PS4. It would make them a profit though, an insane one at that cause I would get it day one as would many other gaffers who fantasize about Nathan Drake saving them.

I'm a real huge fan, beaten all three like three times on all difficulties with most of the achievements unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom