• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few posters still occasionally do if you know who to look at, but there was one post from one of the Sony insiders that literally had huge news impregnated into his post and like nobody at all noticed it. Then when the news came out he just quoted the old post and everyone was like 'holy shit you just outright said that, it was so obvious in the open, nobody realized it.' It was pretty entertaining.

Wish I could remember which post it was, because I got a lot of joy out of it. To me those are the best types of hints. Way before Beyond Good and Evil 2 was announced (and now disappeared forever whhhyyy T_T) I was inserting hints about it in a lot of my posts but like only one person noticed.

Could you be talking about (I believe it was) Demonite and his Bloodborne/Project Beast tease?

Pennywise

What is your source on this? I haven't heard about Casey Hudson or Nomura.

A I found the part from Casey Hudson.
12:10 on the vid.
So he will be on stage and present something.
Looks like the Occulus train starts.

Doesn't mean much imo. SE always has people in audience at every conference at E3.

As I said, I didn't fully understand the last part of the sentence, if he is just attending or actually doing something.
Either way it's a bit unusual for Nomura to be part of such an event.
I haven't seen him so much around for events, but as you said it doesn't mean anything.

Just wanted to share that bit.

v1lla21

Everyone! Vivek is throwing a party on the weekend so we can all enjoy vidya awerdz 2gether. Bring your own mountain dew and doritos. It's a neckbeard event so come dressed appropriately.

viveks86

Spent way too much time on this thread. Gonna actually play some games before I call it a night. Gnite GAF! Stay hyped! 6 days to goooooo!

Everyone! Vivek is throwing a party on the weekend so we can all enjoy vidya awerdz 2gether. Bring your own mountain dew and doritos. It's a neckbeard event so come dressed appropriately.

You mean in Vegas right? Cuz that's where i'd be!

Dude can you seriously get over yourself? Please step down from that pedestal, it's nauseating.

I didn't think I was on a pedestal. It's a forum. I was telling him how to avoid pissing people like myself off.

Backseat modding much? Thread is doing just fine. If you call this a derailed thread, then you haven't seen derailed threads on GAF. People have asked him to tone down and mods will intervene if necessary. Let him be

Well this one certainly turned into a, "guess what he's hinting at" thread, so yeah, I think that's derailed. I'm not saying he should be banned - it's not backseat modding, I'm just saying teasing is crap and pointless, especially with 7 days to go. He can't take back the initial tease, so people are gonna be second guessing him the entire time he's here.

Cheddar ruffles

uKYfpHe.gif

so good

Lemondish

I don't know. This way it comes to PS4, but doesn't compete with UC4. Also, dat money hat.

Releasing day and date alongside marketing is so much better for sales than doing it the other way. Plus, I can't think of any reason why we'd be interested in a remastered 'goty' edition a year down the road for a cross platform title that won't have any marketing push to go along with it. It will sell terribly in comparison to if it released alongside the X1 version.

I'd look at PvZ:Garden Warfare as an indicator of this. Nobody cares about old games finally coming to your system when there's newer titles out.

I just want to see an update on RIME, Wild, No Mans Sky and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. That Wild game is the one I am most curious about. Haven't heard anything since Gamescom.

You guys think we'll see MM or Guerrilla?

No for MM. I don't think they want to be promoting their new IP simultaneously with Tearaway Unfolded this early. I'd say E3/Gamescom next year, earliest.

... I'm split on GG. If the game's release schedule is 1H 2016, then maybe. If it's fall 2016, then it's probably going to be E3.

No for MM. I don't think they want to be promoting their new IP simultaneously with Tearaway Unfolded this early. I'd say E3/Gamescom next year, earliest.

... I'm split on GG. If the game's release schedule is 1H 2016, then maybe. If it's fall 2016, then it's probably going to be E3.

I think someone (maybe Shinobi) said we won't see GG new game until e3 at the earliest

in all seriousness and without all the delusional wishes, we need more previews/updates on games like rime, everybody has gone to the rapture, helldivers, shadow of the beast, order 1886 and bloodborne.

this is not e3. i expect an announcement or two, but playstation really needs to focus on the games that they have teased/revealed and to keep reminding people that those games will be coming to the ps4 (exclusively, no less). right now, it seems like they are also pushing for games that have brand association like destiny and no man's sky, but they should push for their own games as well if not moreso.

StuBurns

Banned
Releasing day and date alongside marketing is so much better for sales than doing it the other way. Plus, I can't think of any reason why we'd be interested in a remastered 'goty' edition a year down the road for a cross platform title that won't have any marketing push to go along with it. It will sell terribly in comparison to if it released alongside the X1 version.

I'd look at PvZ:Garden Warfare as an indicator of this. Nobody cares about old games finally coming to your system when there's newer titles out.
Again, it's a question of the game. RE4 did great on PS2, it outsold the GC version.

No one cares about PvZ GW, that doesn't mean no one will care about TR2.

Amir0x

Banned
in all seriousness and without all the delusional wishes, we need more previews/updates on games like rime, everybody has gone to the rapture, helldivers, shadow of the beast, order 1886 and bloodborne.

this is not e3. i expect an announcement or two, but playstation really needs to focus on the games that they have teased/revealed and to keep reminding people that those games will be coming to the ps4 (exclusively, no less). right now, it seems like they are also pushing for games that have brand association like destiny and no man's sky, but they should push for their own games as well if not moreso.

we just got a Rime update not too long ago and it was on Edge cover. That one doesn't really need another update, although of course I'd take it any day.

Order just needs to show even one single compelling demo for christ's sake, given it is out in February. It is nuts just how incompetent the marketing has been for that game when it should be so damn easy to make people excited for but... nooope, show the same corridor head pop alleyway shooting segment and QTEs over and over.

They got a game with arguably the best visuals of the gen so far with apparent horror elements and crazy werewolves, vampires, who the fuck knows... and they keep showing the same banal fights against humans in small nondescript London backwater shitway. Stellar work Ready at Dawn :p

Shadow of the Beast is definitely ready for a glimpse, to even get a sense of where they're going. We just know the market of Bullion Blitz wants it to have "unique combat." That's basically it lol.

Bloodborne is out in a few months so definitely ready. And we already know they're announcing new shit for BB at PSX, so that one seems will be answered :D

Squire

Banned
we just got a Rime update not too long ago and it was on Edge cover. That one doesn't really need another update, although of course I'd take it any day.

Order just needs to show even one single compelling demo for christ's sake, given it is out in February. It is nuts just how incompetent the marketing has been for that game when it should be so damn easy to make people excited for but... nooope, show the same corridor head pop alleyway shooting segment and QTEs over and over.

It should be easy, but they need to have the goods to back it up.

Right now it looks like a really pretty, but boring shooter. I'm inclined to believe that's exactly what it actually is. The team hasn't made anything that I can look at myself and say, "Ah, I'm sure Order will be fine."

Amir0x

Banned
Ready at Dawn's handheld games are quite good. I'm sure they can make a great console game, there's really not much difference in terms of the philosophy they were already using to make handheld titles. Just bigger budget.

But I do think what The Order has made clear is that they are seemingly unready for what making a high profile console game means for the way you showcase a title. People are really scrutinizing and they are treating the actual reveals like some handheld game from PSP gen.

They got a game with arguably the best visuals of the gen so far with apparent horror elements and crazy werewolves, vampires, who the fuck knows... and they keep showing the same banal fights against humans in small nondescript London backwater shitway. Stellar work Ready at Dawn :p

Shadow of the Beast is definitely ready for a glimpse, to even get a sense of where they're going. We just know the market of Bullion Blitz wants it to have "unique combat." That's basically it lol.

Bloodborne is out in a few months so definitely ready. And we already know they're announcing new shit for BB at PSX, so that one seems will be answered :D

gosh really? never heard of the rime update.

order 1886 will get a new demo. most likely the last demo for the game, or they will probably just update the rendering code near release.

at the same time, i like that they're not showing a lot. infamous second son even blurred out a power and only showed two and even then it was very limited. nd overexposed uncharted 3 so much that it hurt the game, and rad is aware of that.

with the flow of information right now, it is very hard to surprise people or even make them find more as they play the game. right now it's mostly better powers, new levels, etc. but frankly there's not a lot of discovery to be had. discovery in the sense of actually finding out things rather than unlocking things that are just derivative of previously-revealed things.

would really love to see more of rapture and the witness.

Amir0x

Banned

order 1886 will get a new demo. most likely the last demo for the game, or they will probably just update the rendering code near release.

at the same time, i like that they're not showing a lot. infamous second son even blurred out a power and only showed two and even then it was very limited. nd overexposed uncharted 3 so much that it hurt the game, and rad is aware of that.

with the flow of information right now, it is very hard to surprise people or even make them find more as they play the game. right now it's mostly better powers, new levels, etc. but frankly there's not a lot of discovery to be had. discovery in the sense of actually finding out things rather than unlocking things that are just derivative of previously-revealed things.

I mean there's keeping a sense of discovery and then there's handicapping your game to such an extent that it looks like uninteresting shite, which is basically where Order is at for many people right now. It is not an attractive place to be at :p

I hope we get Witness sometime this century ;P

DJIzana

To be honest... I haven't either. What'd they say in that update anyways?

Rime is honestly quite up there in my list of hyped titles for PS4. FF Type-0 HD, FFXV, Rime, Bloodborne...

Amir0x

Banned
To be honest... I haven't either. What'd they say in that update anyways?

Rime is honestly quite up there in my list of hyped titles for PS4. FF Type-0 HD, FFXV, Rime, Bloodborne...

Some snippets:

8bit said:
On Rime,
The island seen so far represents the first stage of the five stages of grief, they are linked by dreams. There are multiple islands, some with many areas.
The color palette and island sets are influenced by Dali, Sorolla, De Chirico & Ghibli.
In one demonstration, a fox appears to lead the player through a thicket of trees with small markings. The markings when aligned make the outline of a fox, and this angle introduces the next puzzle.
The audio is influenced by natural field recordings to create an immersive sound experience. Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka is helping.

There's much more in the article of course.

Also the tower they showed in the video is just the start of your adventure. When you reach it and enter, you're basically at the start of your adventure. There are many more locations in the game just as huge.

DJIzana

Some snippets:

There's much more in the article of course.

Also the tower they showed in the video is just the start of your adventure. When you reach it and enter, you're basically at the start of your adventure. There are many more locations in the game just as huge.

Nice! Thanks for that. Yeah, it's odd... I've never really been into cel shaded games. Heck, even a Nintendo fanboy myself, I didn't even like the The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker. I didn't enjoy Wild Arms 3 after Wild Arms 2 either because of that but this game... I love it!

Lol i read in this thread that The Last Guardian would not be a megaton....

The hype is too, too much, if we don't have Crash Bandicoot 4 + Ape Escape 4 + Medievil 3 + Legend of Dragoon 2 + Alundra 3 people are going to be sad.. and even with that i'm not sure lol...

StuBurns

Banned
How can TLG be a megaton? It's a game that was announced five years ago, and Sony keep claiming it's still in-development.

Only Vita exclusivity is a megaton at this point.

Lakitu

st5fu
TLG wouldn't be a megaton.

At this point we all know it's coming, it's just a matter of when not if. It'd be a nice announcement, but that's about it.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't think it is a megaton in the sense that it'd change anything in the console wars

but I definitely think it's a megaton in terms of the reaction the community will have. so much pent up anticipation for that game, when it finally reveals itself the topic will be 800 pages long

Ok let's say TLG ( a game by the makers of one of the best game ever, Shadow of The Colossus ) is not a megaton :)

So what is a megaton in your opinions ?

I don't think it is a megaton in the sense that it'd change anything in the console wars

but I definitely think it's a megaton in terms of the reaction the community will have. so much pent up anticipation for that game, when it finally reveals itself the topic will be 800 pages long

You know what it is?

Amir0x

Banned
no i was talking about The Last Guardian there. I am pretty sure I know what game that one dude keeps hyping up on every page (since I can't imagine they'd have two announcements of this size at the show) but I'm not sure since I haven't talked with him to find out what he is hyping.

There's going to be multiple big announcements though from what I understand, just one of them will clearly be above the pack.

no i was talking about The Last Guardian there. I am pretty sure I know what game that one dude keeps hyping up on every page (since I can't imagine they'd have two announcements of this size at the show) but I'm not sure since I haven't talked with him to find out what he is hyping.

There's going to be multiple big announcements though from what I understand, just one of them will clearly be above the pack.

Yeah, I agree on TLG. It's essentially entered the realm occupied by BGE2, Shenmue 3, etc, where regardless of the game's quality, a proper reveal of the game will have threads so long, filled with tons of reaction images.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Even I don't expect TLG to be at the PSX. This is TLG we talkin' about, ain't gonna be at some random event.

It's Crash. The perfect event for an announcement like that. Developed by some b-tier team.

StuBurns

Banned
Like what ? Street Fighter V ? DMC5 ? These games will come out with or without Sony so is this a megaton ? i don't think so...
Exclusively? No, they won't.

And I don't know 'like what', that is the entire point of the concept of a megaton, it is surprising.

GT7 isn't a surprise, GoW4 isn't a surprise, and sure as shit TLG isn't a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom