• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia and Russia at war

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are aspects I like about both candidates but if we're headed towards an unavoidable war with Russia, I'd like McCain to be at the helm. I still think diplomacy will be able to get us out of this clusterfuck though

YES..... YES give in... to the hatred... you know you want to.....

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Chiggs said:
I'd much rather be with McCain, because he'd be far less likely to shy away from confrontation. Not that I want some war with Russia, because that would damage both countries, but I don't want some lame duck at the helm, either. And don't think this is about right vs. left. Wesley Clark was pretty fucking hardcore when it came to Russia in 1999.
'hardcore' for what purpose. nothing is gained by escalating into war with Russia, and an Obama administration is less likely to provoke or insult them (no murmuring about kicking them out of G8 for starters, or ad-libbing a song advocating war to laughs in public).

furthermore, how is Ukraine's entrance in NATO suddenly on the fast track? european position hardened (and rightfully so) against firm US support for both Georgia and Ukraine, and seeing how Georgia's carelessness started this fiasco, i can't see why Germany et. all would suddenly acquiesce on this.

Tamanon

Banned
NATO will be concerned on the surface, but I don't think they'll do anything to really strip away the buffer between them and Russia.

NLB2

Banned
Tamanon said:
What would McCain bring to war that Obama wouldn't? They're not going to be doing any strategic or tactical planning in it.
The CinC, with advice from the JCS, Combattant Comander, SecDEF, and SecState better be doing strategic planning.

Chiggs

Gold Member
scorcho said:
'hardcore' for what purpose. nothing is gained by escalating into war with Russia, and an Obama administration is less likely to provoke or insult them

So basically, you're just scared? Fine, fair enough. War with Russia is a scary thought. Another scary thought is a completely hapless President, like President Muffley in Dr. Strangelove.

no murmuring about kicking them out of G8 for starters

Oh, you don't think that's being mulled over? You don't think the recent events are making the Ukraine a priority? Fine, think whatever you want. If this keeps escalating, I don't think we can rule it out.

Tamanon

Banned
NLB2 said:
The CinC, with advice from the JCS, Combattant Comander, SecDEF, and SecState better be doing strategic planning.

On a very general level the CinC does, basically just lays out the goals. Again, what does McCain bring that Obama doesn't?

And lol at Chiggs. "Oh, you don't want war, you must be scared!"

Chiggs

Gold Member
Tamanon said:
And lol at Chiggs. "Oh, you don't want war, you must be scared!"

Holy selective quoting, Batman!

Chiggs said:
So basically, you're just scared? Fine, fair enough. War with Russia is a scary thought. Another scary thought is a completely hapless President, like President Muffley in Dr. Strangelove.

Mandark said:
I think you missed the point of Dr. Strangelove.

War-monger generals and a limp-dicked President. Yeah, both sides were the target.

Nicodimas

Banned
Well they are currently preping to invade the capital with 1 million people. Russia has 1,000 tanks in that country now.

The west not acting is bad overall. Eastern Europe if anyone should do something as they hate russia more than most realize. We do not know Russias ambition at this point so waiting is probably a good idea until they lauch a attack on that city. That is no small battle either.

scorcho

Chiggs said:
ah, the machismo wing of foreign policy. to not attack is to be scared; might is right; my dick is bigger than yours; etc.

war isn't simply 'scary', it's to be avoided unless absolutely necessary, and this affair neither threatens ours or NATO's security interests. this signals neither a march into the West (nuclear arsenal aside, Russia's military is a generation behind and its economy one-dimensional and based on petrodollars), nor an attack on American interests.

Chiggs said:
Oh, you don't think that's being mulled over? You don't think the recent events are making the Ukraine a priority? Fine, think whatever you want. If this keeps escalating, I don't think we can rule it out.
does this scenario also envision a new Hitler, concentration camps, flying pigs and cries of appeasement? if so John Barry's got you covered.

Rur0ni

Nicodimas said:
Well they are currently preping to invade the capital with 1 million people. Russia has 1,000 tanks in that country now.

The west not acting is bad overall. Eastern Europe if anyone should do something as they hate russia more than most realize. We do not know Russias ambition at this point so waiting is probably a good idea until they lauch a attack on that city. That is no small battle either.
Source please.

Chiggs

Gold Member
scorcho said:
does this scenario also envision a new Hitler, concentration camps, flying pigs and cries of appeasement?

Yes, it sure does, Scorcho. Now, allow me to go put on my Toby Keith cd and drive around town in my F350, fuck you very much.

Nicodimas

Banned
Ruroni just a rumor. The MSM is so far behind on what is going on...You can look it up online from people over there..

US could deal with one country getting handed to them..Russia is not going near ukraine.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Kubrick actually told Sellers to play the president straight, because he was meant to be the one character who comprehended the awfulness of the situation. In any case his weakness was in controlling his own hawks, not in being insufficiently belligerent towards the USSR.

Re-rail: NATO is not going to fast-track Georgia and it's not going to commit troops to a shooting war there or in the Ukraine. Which country is going to send those troops? The US is stretched thin enough as it is and there's no political will for war in Europe.

There's a gulf between "something should be done" and "something will be done."

Nicodimas

Banned
Ok then...

http://civil.ge/eng/article.php?id=19051

Dear compatriots! In this very important, decisive and difficult period for our country, I want to describe the current situation and tell you about the ways of helping the country out of this situation.

First of all, I want to tell you that what is happening now against Georgia is obviously a military intervention planned months or years ago, which aims, at least, to occupy or annex South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and as a final result, to occupy entire Georgia.

That intervention force, which entered Georgia, is very big, very serious and of course, it contains a fatal threat to Georgian statehood. Today the freedom and future of each of us is under huge threat. An attempt of repeated occupation and enslavement of Georgia, depriving our country of its independence is underway. No doubt that it is real, against the background of the latest statements. If previously they said that they responded to the operation launched by us in South Ossetia – and you know that we have not launched anything until the last minute – yesterday and the day before yesterday official statements were made that the operation aimed at changing the Georgian authorities, changing Georgia’s course. It is translated from their language as the end to Georgia’s independence. Attacks are carried out against the Kodori gorge in Upper Abkhazia, attacks are carried in the direction of Abkhazia and Samegrelo. Yesterday there was an attempt to occupy Gori, which was repelled by our armed forces. I want to say that our armed forces are fighting very well. Their morale is increasing. Of course, I regret greatly and this is war. Of course, we have casualties, but our enemies have much more casualties. I declare this based on their sources. But this is a very serious test and in reality the success of our forces is based on their unimaginable heroism. Our enemies did not expect – and they themselves said this in an official statement that they came across the resistance of the Georgian armed forces which was 12 fold more than they imagined.

But I want to say with full responsibility that we want to immediately end this military confrontation, we want to end the war, which we have not launched, we want to stop Russia’s intervention. We are ready and I have confirmed my support to the plan of French President Sarkozy and Foreign Minister Kouchner. Kouchner was here; President Sarkozy will arrive tomorrow. We are ready to immediately sign an agreement on ceasefire and non-resumption of confrontation.

We are expecting the visits of several European leaders, tomorrow. As I already said, President Sarkozy will arrive. Many European ministers are presently visiting Georgia. Today a great amount of humanitarian aid will start arriving from the entire world. The first planes from France will land within two hours and others will arrive afterwards, including from Turkey, Ukraine, Germany, Denmark, other European states.

I want to tell those people, who have left the conflict zone – we will return you all and until this conflict is over, I gave the strictest instructions, not to leave even one person without attention. I want to say that of course, there was chaos within the first hours, we were not prepared for it and they attacked us treacherously. If you remember, I was constantly increasing the military budget and many used to say, why he is doing that - just for this occasion, for this unfortunate day. We failed to increase it as much as I wanted.

It is not worth saying but if we had not lost time on inner confrontation last autumn, we would have been much better prepared. But today we are well-prepared and we have the motivation to defend our country, to save the independence and statehood of our country, to save the future of each of us, to give a proper response to our enemies.

I want to say with full responsibility, we should save our country ourselves. Nobody else will be able to do it. Of course, international support is important, international diplomatic involvement is decisive, but if we are not very mobilized, if we do not show heroism, if we do not resist this huge brutal force, without our dedication Georgia will not be able to stop this confrontation.

All what is happening now – bombings, especially those of civilian facilities, at night, shelling - has the only objective, to demoralize our society, to seed panic in the society. I want to thank everybody, those tens of thousands of Tbilisites, who came out in the streets last night and expressed their huge support towards Georgian statehood. I want to thank those people – I traveled from the east to the west and back – although Russian aircraft were flying above us and although the highway was shelled during our movement, I saw Georgian national flags flying on cars and I saw Georgian flags flying on balconies - this is our response, our unity, our bravery, our endurance, and we will certainly liberate the entire Georgia. This is what is happening now, this is Georgia’s struggle for national liberation, this is a response to the war imposed on Georgia, a response by the Georgian society’s resistance, the Georgian society’s heroism in order to maintain liberty, statehood, and the future of our children. The officials of foreign countries should never define the future of our children. The future of our children and our country should be ruled by the democratic government elected by the Georgian society, which will act in the interests of the people, in the interests of multi-ethnic society, and will never dance to other’s tune and the time will never come, when we clean the shoes of foreign officials. We helped Georgia up from its knees within the last few years. We should not allow anybody to make us kneel again. Georgia should find its way out of this situation. Georgia should manage to restore peace and to establish good relations, including with Russians, who attacked us.

I also want to address the Russian public – of course, all media outlets are blocked now, but information is leaking out – we do not fight with the Russian people. We are not angry with the Russian society. Much injustice has been carried out against Georgia, against each Georgian. But the time will come - I am sure - when we will have very good relations again. But we will defend the freedom of our country, the independence of our country – with our teeth, to the last drop of blood. God bless each of us. God bless the freedom of Georgia. God bless our soldiers, our heroes. Long live Georgia.

einhard

Nicodimas said:

Im not sure how this is being covered by the US press but it seems pretty clear that the Georgian President took a huge gamble to return a rebel province to government control, one of his goals since coming to power. His gamble back fired, why should the west save him from a situation of his own making? Can you see the hypocrisy if it did?

scorcho

wait, is this the same Saakashvili that took Russian bait and invited war in South Ossetia? yes, we should listen to him!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Mandark said:
Kubrick actually told Sellers to play the president straight, because he was meant to be the one character who comprehended the awfulness of the situation. In any case his weakness was in controlling his own hawks, not in being insufficiently belligerent towards the USSR.

Re-Derail: Kubrick told Sellers to play it straight partly because Sellers' early takes, involving the symptoms of a cold, were extremely over-the-top, this according to the documentary which was packaged with the DVD. This was done to demonstrate the character's wimpiness.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Chiggs said:
Re-Derail: Kubrick told Sellers to play it straight partly because Sellers' early takes, involving the symptoms of a cold, were extremely over-the-top, this according to the documentary which was packaged with the DVD. This was done to demonstrate the character's wimpiness.

HURRRRRRRRR

Rur0ni

One thing I would like to note. Reading more about the "Union State". Abkhazia expresses interest in joining. Abkhazia is the northwest breakaway region on the Kidori Valley. This would add to the Union State (Currently Russian Federation and Belarus).

I don't think Russia is accepting any agreement that doesn't include the two territories breaking away from Georgia.

To support my thoughts.. Serbian response to the conflict:

Oliver Ivanović, State Secretary of the Ministry for Kosovo and Metohija, stated that "The question of Kosovo was didactic and inspirational for South Ossetia, so that they wanted to further strain the relations and define their position, which is understandable. Georgia has tried to solve the issue by using violence just as Serbia tried to do it in 1999. Again as in the case of Kosovo, the politics of double standards will come out in the United Nations. Countries that have recognized the independence of Kosovo are now looking for an argument that Kosovo is a "special case", which is a complete nonsense. When one goes into the violation of the international law and disregard of the sovereignty of states, as it was done in the case of Kosovo, they can expect the possibility that such a recipe will be applied in all other situations".

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Chiggs: I know that Sellers was originally playing him as a dithering asthmatic. I've seen that doc. My point is that those takes were left out of the movie for a reason.

Back on topic, is there any reason to think that Georgia's going to be fast-tracked for NATO membership other than your own preferences?

Or what a "hardcore" policy towards Russia would look like?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Mandark said:
Back on topic, is there any reason to think that Georgia's going to be fast-tracked for NATO membership other than your own preferences?

Hey, I said Ukraine. Granted, it could be argued that would enrage them further, but I think there's also a good chance that even threatening something like that could put a stop to things.

Or what a "hardcore" policy towards Russia would look like?

I know you'll probably laugh, but I don't think the G8 thing can be ruled out. I know that's being tossed around by people you probably dislike (Fred Barnes and Charles Krauthammer) but it's the best I can even think of right now. There are limited options, admittedly.

I just really don't like the idea of doing nothing for Georgia. Like Avaya mentioned earlier, it's just going to bite us in the ass.

scorcho

g23 said:
This is just like when hitler invaded the czech(sp?) republic. Nobody gave a shit.
indeed. Russia is on the way to invading Ukraine next, Poland, then France.

camineet

Banned
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92GC5G80&show_article=1

Bush warns Russia to pull back in Georgia

Aug 11 06:49 PM US/Eastern
By MATTHEW LEE
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush on Monday demanded that Russia end a "dramatic and brutal escalation" of violence in Georgia, agree to an immediate cease-fire and accept international mediation to end the crisis in the former Soviet republic.

Almost immediately after his return from the Olympics in China, Bush warned Russia in his strongest comments since the fighting erupted over Georgia's separatist South Ossetia region last week to "reverse the course it appears to be on" and abandon any attempt it may have to topple Georgia's pro-western government.

"Russia has invaded a sovereign neighboring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people. Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century," the president said in a televised statement from the White House, calling on Moscow to sign on to the outlines of a cease-fire as the Georgian government has done.

"The Russian government must reverse the course it appears to be on and accept this peace agreement as a first step toward solving this conflict," Bush said, adding that he is deeply concerned that Russia, which Georgian officials say has effectively split their country in two, might bomb the civilian airport in the capital of Tbilisi.

He said Russia's escalation of the conflict had "raised serious questions about its intentions in Georgia and the region" and had "substantially damaged Russia's standing in the world." "These actions jeopardize Russia's relations with the United States and Europe," Bush said. "It's time for Russia to be true to its word to act to end this crisis."

Despite the tough talk, the president's comments were not backed up by any specific threat of consequences Russia might face if it ignores the warning. U.S. officials said they were committed to the diplomatic track and were working with U.S. allies in Europe and elsewhere, as well as with the Russians, to defuse the crisis.

Earlier Monday, the United States and the world's six other largest economic powers issued a call similar to Bush's for Russia to accept a truce and agree to mediation as conditions deteriorated and Russian troops continued their advances into Georgian territory.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her colleagues from the Group of Seven leading industrialized nations pledged their support for a negotiated solution to the conflict that has been raging since Friday, the State Department said.

"We want to see the Russians stand down," deputy spokesman Robert Wood told reporters. "What we're calling on is for Russia to stop its aggression."

Rice and the foreign ministers of Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan spoke in a conference call, during which they noted that Georgia had agreed to a cease-fire and wanted to see Russia sign on immediately, he said, adding that the call was one of more than 90 that Rice has made on the matter since Friday.

They called on Russia to respect Georgia's borders and expressed deep concern for civilian casualties that have occurred and noted that Georgia had agreed to a cease-fire and said the ministers wanted to see Russia sign on immediately as urgent consultations at the United Nations and NATO were expected, according to Wood.

The seven ministers backed a nascent mediation efforts led by French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner, whose country currently holds the rotating presidency of the European Union, and Finnish Foreign Minister Alexander Stubb, whose country now holds the chair of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, he said.

The Group of Seven, or G7, is often expanded into what is known as the G8, a grouping that includes Russia, but Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov was notably not included in the call.

Wood said the United States was hopeful that the U.N. Security Council would pass a "strong" resolution on the fighting that called for an end to attacks on both sides as well as mediation, but prospects for such a statement were dim given that Russia wields veto power on the 15-member body.

A senior U.S. diplomat, Matthew Bryza, is now in Tbilisi and is working with Georgian and European officials there on ways to calm the situation.

Meanwhile, the State Department said it has evacuated more than 170 American citizens from Georgia. Wood said two convoys carrying the Americans, along with family members of U.S. diplomats based in Georgia, left Tbilisi on Sunday and Monday for neighboring Armenia.

The U.S. Embassy in Georgia has distributed an initial contribution of $250,000 in humanitarian relief to victims of the fighting and is providing emergency equipment to people in need, although those supplies would run out later Monday, the department said.

The Pentagon said it had finished flying some 2,000 Georgian troops back home from Iraq on C-17 aircraft at Georgia's request.

It said it had informed the Russians about the flights before they began in order to avoid any mishaps, but Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin harshly criticized the step, saying it would hamper efforts to resolve the situation by reinforcing Georgian assets in a "conflict zone."

Wood rejected the criticism, saying: "We're not assisting in any conflict."

Defense Department spokesman Bryan Whitman said the U.S. flew the Georgians out of Iraq as part of a prior agreement that transport would be provided in case of an emergency.

Pentagon officials said Monday that U.S. military was assessing the fighting every day to determine whether less than 100 U.S. trainers should be pulled out of the country.

There had been about 130 trainers, including a few dozen civilian contractors, but the civilians had been scheduled to rotate out of the country and did so over the weekend, Whitman said. The remaining uniformed trainers were moved over the weekend to what officials believe is a safer location, he said.

Holy crap IF Russia had shot down any U.S. military flights taking Georgian troops home.

einhard

g23 said:
This is just like when hitler invaded the czech(sp?) republic. Nobody gave a shit.
Did the Czechs provoke Hilter? Georgia made a move thinking either that it had the backing of the west or Russia would just sit back and allow them the annex a province technically full of Russian citizens. You make your bed, you sleep in it.

If the US hadn't supported Georgia's arms build up or backed them for NATO membership would this current situation exist? What if the west had called on Georgia to stop their military operations against South Ossetia before Russia intervened?

Or you can take the Fox News spin...

Edit: Bush has no ground to criticise Russia after the shit he has pulled but is he really stupid enough to keep military trainers on the ground and start pumping money into Georgia? I can remember how this ended last time.

zoku88

evil solrac v3.0 said:
not much of a country if you have to major regions wanting to break away from you.
Reminds me of Austria-Hungry. I would say they were weakened by their segregated ethnicities (not sure that came out right.)

g23

European pre-madonna
Ventrue said:
Czech Republic didn't exist until 1993. :p

ugh i meant czechlovakia or whatever..

Did the Czechs provoke Hilter? Georgia made a move thinking either that it had the backing of the west or Russia would just sit back and allow them the annex a province technically full of Russian citizens. You make your bed, you sleep in it.

Still, that territory is entitled to Georgia. Its sovereign. And last time i checked the rebels were making incursions into Georgian territory first. Georgia had a right to put down the rebels in a province that they are entitled to in order protect its own people.

Ventrue

g23 said:
Georgia had a right to put down the rebels in a province that they are entitled to in order protect its own people.

Which land? If you're talking about Ossetia, why is the Georgian government entitled to it? They're only entitled to it if the people there support them, which they don't.

einhard

g23 said:
Still, that territory is entitled to Georgia. Its sovereign. And last time i checked the rebels were making incursions into Georgian territory first. Georgia had a right to put down the rebels in a province that they are entitled to in order protect its own people.
You should read up on the 91-92 South Ossetia-Georgia war.

Georgia took a huge gamble with a large military operation to put down rebels, that attack ended up killing 10 Russian peacekeepers, Russia had no real choice but to intervene, Georgia lost its gamble.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Chiggs: Whoops, my bad misreading.

Extending NATO membership to the Ukraine is tricky now. I don't see much, if any political will for actually fighting Russia, so NATO would have to be banking that the membership itself would serve as a deterrent. That's a bit of a risk.

Anyway, a G8 expulsion? Really? Unless that's backed up by some military muscle or real economic pain (both really unlikely) it's a symbolic move. It ratchets up the tension with no real benefits.

Xeke

Banned
Ventrue said:
Which land? If you're talking about Ossetia, why is the Georgian government entitled to it? They're only entitled to it if the people there support them, which they don't.

So you support the Confederate States of America?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Chiggs said:
Here's a funny quote from the Christian Science Monitor from March of this year:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0328/p01s01-woeu.html

I assure you, Ukraine's entry into Nato is suddenly on the fast track.

Hmmm...I wonder if recent events have changed the public's interest?

The population is more likely to be against it. The populations of Poland and CR are also against the missile defense shield. Russia knows that what they are doing now is having an impact in their favor when it comes to both the missile defense program and NATO membership.

Ukraine couldn't be attacked as far as I know because Russia would have no major justification.

Everyone needs to understand the following: no major powers want to confront each other, but they all want to move their chess pieces right now. The US in the Middle East, China in Africa, Russia in Eastern Europe. This means that as long as one can justify their actions, the others will let them do it because everyone is reluctant to face off against each other, but at the same time they need to save face so they'll spout a lot of rhetoric, sometimes giving the impression they are ready to go to war, but in the end they are just trying to save their image while giving up at the same time.

That's why the US managed to get into Iraq and Afghanistan and surround Iran, through justifications, and it's how Russia can get away with its actions in Georgia, and how the US can dare to implement an anti-missile shield next to Russia. It's always thanks to preposterous justifications, but since no one wants to fight each other it all goes through. If Russia could justify an action against Ukraine then fine, it may happen. But it would be more likely that they would carry limited strikes in Poland and CR against the anti-missile shield infrastructure. And this is also what the US wants or expects to some extent, knowing full well that the the anti-missile shield is pointless just like they knew Russia would find a pretext to move on Georgia. The US needs justifications, and if Russia moves they will have some.

It's the only currency the major powers can use against each other.

Ventrue

Xeke said:
So you support the Confederate States of America?

If a referendum was held in the states that wanted to leave and it passed, I would support it yes.

Otherwise 'sovereignty' is just determined by whoever can exert the most force in an area.

Rur0ni

Mandark said:
Chiggs: Whoops, my bad misreading.

Extending NATO membership to the Ukraine is tricky now. I don't see much, if any political will for actually fighting Russia, so NATO would have to be banking that the membership itself would serve as a deterrent. That's a bit of a risk.

Anyway, a G8 expulsion? Really? Unless that's backed up by some military muscle or real economic pain (both really unlikely) it's a symbolic move. It ratchets up the tension with no real benefits.
From my reading involving Yulia, it's up to the Ukrainian people through referendum, and the government (which is pro nato/euro) is looking to educate the people on it. That is assuming Ukraine even gets off the ground with the Membership Action Plan. And NATO heads speaking that expansion of NATO isn't a priority.

After this conflict, I think Germany and France will be increasingly uneasy about it.

Also I've read the Ukraine government has been closing Russian movie theaters and stuff? They're trying to ween the people away from Russia it would seem.

Xeke

Banned
Ventrue said:
If a referendum was held in the states that wanted to leave and it passed, I would support it yes.

Can I hold a referendum in my house if I don't support the government to secede from the Union?

I want to create my own country.

scorcho

einhard said:
You should read up on the 91-92 South Ossetia-Georgia war.

Georgia took a huge gamble with a large military operation to put down rebels, that attack ended up killing 10 Russian peacekeepers, Russia had no real choice but to intervene, Georgia lost its gamble.
agreed, and Saakashvili apparently believed that the US would rush to bail Georgia out should they fail. it was reckless and stupid. there is nothing to gain by the US going in, and we've already stretched our military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

as to fast-tracking Ukraine into NATO, if part of the European opposition was to avoid encroaching onto Russia's border and play further into their Cold War mindset, that calculation isn't devalued at the least.

Ventrue

Xeke said:
Can I hold a referendum in my house if I don't support the government to secede from the Union?

An interesting point; no, I wouldn't. I'm not really sure how to reconcile the two extremes, but the present reason why you can't secede is because the government has the force to stop you. The borders of the country were defined by the armies and force of the government in the past. By this logic, if Russia can conquer Georgia, it is their sovereign territory.

zoku88

Xeke said:

So, you don't support seceding at all? So, I guess the question of whether the Confederates had the right to secede is moot, since it becomes the question of whether the United States has a right to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom