• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima coming to PC May 16th

For me it is. Haven’t bought FFXVI and Spider-Man 2 yet because I expect them to come to PC soon. I’m just tired of double dipping. I have GT7, Forbidden West and Ghost of Tsushima left. After that I’m done with that nonsense of jumping in early on a console release only to want it on PC a couple years later at the same price.

This is exactly the kind of bad long-term (for Sony) scenario I'm talking about, and it'll probably become more common in sentiment as time goes on, if the strategy continues as-is (what we know of it publicly, officially), or gets more aggressive.

Although a lot of them are lunatics and basically hate PlayStation anyway, just look at the coping in the FF VII exclusivity thread on ResetERA. Look at how many think they're "protesting" (translations: throwing temper tantrums) saying they'll just get the game on PC. And that's for a 3P title; imagine them doing the same in higher frequency for 1P titles when they already can gauge a pattern.

And like I said, over there the ones upset with that FF exclusivity stuff are butthurt Xbox & Nintendo (mainly the former, some of the latter) fanboys/fangirls for the most part. But I have seen a few more actual PS enthusiasts showing similar sentiments about just "waiting for PC" or switching over. Some of them already have other platforms like a PC, others may not but wouldn't be against switching if they know they can get all the Sony, Microsoft, & PC games on a single platform (not just PC, but Steam in particular).

The real question is, among the millions who would normally buy PlayStations, how many of this segment are there really? I'd say they're in the minority. But the actual problem is, they also would represent the largest share of spending on a per-customer level, easily. They buy the most games, buy the most hardware (console variants, peripherals etc.), sub at the highest tiers, spend the most on MTX/DLC add-ons etc. vs other customer types. And they're among the ones this strategy at current (if it remains as it currently is) risks converting to non-PlayStation platforms.

Particularly, if they are also heavy into 3P games alongside 1P games (which they likely are), especially since for online games so many (virtually all) are cross-play and cross-progression these days. The only thing that might prevent some of the would-be switchers in that scenario is that they'd have to re-buy a lot of their library again. But new spending would be focused on a non-PS platform like PC.

But again, this only becomes a longer-term issue if Sony A: keep the window for non-GAAS AAA games to 2 years or less, B: keep porting all of their games over (or set the pattern where that is expected) and, C: have little in the way of new equivalent exclusives for PS5 (preferably from 1P, but can also be 3P) to offset the ports. And well, right now they could be doing a lot better on those three fronts.

That’s only true if you already have a high end PC

If not…I don’t see the savings. You’d just be forced otherwise to play the long wait and see game everyone else is enjoying the game day and date

If you don't have FOMO then waiting a year or two if of no consequence. Plus it's not too difficult to avoid spoilers (despite some claiming otherwise).

Sony's strategy at-current risks them losing out on console enthusiasts who spend at least as much if not more time playing 3P games than 1P games, especially 3P service games, because virtually all 3P games launch on PC Day 1 now. So for those enthusiasts, PC covers most of their wants in new releases from the jump, and that plus the games which are PC exclusive (like DOTA 2 & Counterstrike2 (both Valve games), or LOL, VALORANT, WOW etc.) will keep them more than busy waiting the two years (or less) for Sony's 1P AAA non-GAAS titles to come over.

Especially when the pattern seems to show it would be all games coming over, too, so those players don't even have to worry about a new1P current-gen release remaining exclusive; it'd just be a matter of when, not if.

That's the kind of dangerous precedent Sony are setting for themselves console-wise.
Curious to know if the multiplayer will be crossplay.

Most likely yeah.

It’s getting shorter?

Ghost took 4 years, Horizon took 2

Sounds like it’s getting longer

I can just get everything on PS5 and never have to wait for anything, nor do I need to shell out for a PC

Arguably the only reason GOT took 4 years is because of the proprietary engine. Insomniac's had their engine ready for PC a while now, and games like HFW are on Decima which has been on PC for a while. For all we know, GOT 2 could be simply 2 years before the PC port, maybe even less than that.

This is the precedent for conditioning Sony's ports so far have been setting up. Even if they have changed things internally, where the window for non-GAAS AAA games grows (again, IMO it should be at least 4-6 years, if not longer and some games should probably not get ported at all), it would take a while for the expectations to wear off among gamers. If GT7 and Demon's Souls end up happening, it'd just take that much longer.

And, well, if we see GOW Ragnarok and especially Spiderman 2 after that for this year or next year, we'll probably know that the plan on that front hasn't changed. At the potential future peril of PlayStation console sales & growth, but that would be Sony's decision by that point.

Be sure to look out for sales on gg.deals. GoT isn't up yet, but green man gaming has it available for preorder for 15% off.

RJDZ0pT.png

Game's not even out yet and they're already getting cheaper pricing promos 😂

That's good for the people getting it on Steam, I will say that.

Fredrik

Day one double dip on PC for me. Never got round to playing the expansion on PS5 so I'll blast through this again and play it in all it's glory.
Yup! I didn’t even finish the main game, played maybe 30 hours or so and something else got in the way. Looking forward to this a lot. Nixxes is super stable for PC ports too. It’s going to be a sweet playthrough!

(BTW, started building my new living room PC today!)

GHG

Yup! I didn’t even finish the main game, played maybe 30 hours or so and something else got in the way. Looking forward to this a lot. Nixxes is super stable for PC ports too. It’s going to be a sweet playthrough!

(BTW, started building my new living room PC today!)

What case did you go for in the end?

Before the PS5 gen is over, there will be at least one SP focused Sony game released day and date on PC, mark my words.
After the success of Helldivers 2, management and their shareholders must be gagging to see if it can boost sales (and profit) off the bat for future releases

Imagine wanting this

Imagine not wanting this

Trophy, cross-buy, third party support. Anyone that’s purchased a ps4/ps5 game digitally can access it on PC and vice versa

Only makes sense if they’re “all in” on PC so they can still avoid paying a fee

Them dipping their toes with late ass steam releases is stupid as it bolsters a rival platform

Last edited:

Fredrik

This is exactly the kind of bad long-term (for Sony) scenario I'm talking about, and it'll probably become more common in sentiment as time goes on, if the strategy continues as-is (what we know of it publicly, officially), or gets more aggressive.
Right now I love their PC port strategy but yeah. If I take a step back and think about it from the perspective of a platform owner then I don’t understand it. It’s stupid tbh. Not as stupid as MS doing timed exclusivity on their competitor’s consoles but it’s still dumb and takes away a reason to invest in their platform for anyone with a PC.

And people talk about waiting. Is that really a problem? I still play games from several decades ago, 1-4 years is nothing if the game is great. And FOMO is only active for a couple weeks anyway, once day 1 players have finished a game they stop talking about it and then it’s no problem at all waiting. Like, is there FOMO to play Spider-Man 2? Nah.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I hope you guys who are so concerned with Sony’s bottom line don’t buy physical games. After all the retailers get a cut just like Steam. Since the most important thing about videogames is ensuring Sony gets the most revenue out of every purchase it’s very important to only buy digital games on PSN.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I only put a few hours into this on PS, so it's great that I'll be able to do my first serious playthrough on PC with DLSS3.

Sony's PC ports are for the most part really feature rich and well done. Awesome time to be a PC gamer: PS games, Xbox games, Switch games( :messenger_grinning_sweat: ) and vast multiplatform support.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I've been considering picking this up again lately on PS5, still plays perfectly fine there, but I think I'll wait on this port instead.
PS5 version is the same as PS4 version with the exception of kind of a weak DLC. No graphical updates. Why pick it up again on a PS5?

Skifi28

PS5 version is the same as PS4 version with the exception of kind of a weak DLC. No graphical updates. Why pick it up again on a PS5?
In a game with good combat and so much of it, the dualsense support alone was transformative enough for me to started yet another playthrough.

Last edited:

Leonidas

It’s getting shorter?

Ghost took 4 years, Horizon took 2

Sounds like it’s getting longer

I can just get everything on PS5 and never have to wait for anything, nor do I need to shell out for a PC
Burning Shores DLC came to PS5 less than a year ago, the PC version is the complete edition containing all the DLC, in a way, for Horizon at least, it was pretty quick to play the full experience, and we aren't double charged for the base game + DLC, like PS5 players who bought the game at launch were.

Less than 3 years for Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut. PS5 Directors Cut was a late 2021 release.

If you got the 4 year old GoT on day one you had to pay another $30 to get the DC upgrade ($90), and the experience on PS5 is still worse than what the experience can be on PC when it launches soon :messenger_sun:

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My argument for eventual day one is marketing. It has a shelf life, so imagine spending 50M+ on marketing only to have the effect wither away for a year or two before you release on PC? We also have the increased trending potential when more people talk about the game, I reckon the reception and all the hoopla associated with Helldivers on PC contributed to driving sales on PS5.
Great point. Like every game out there, marketing starts high and then fizzles out fast. Maximizing ROI from marketing campaigns with PC included will drive big sales. Just imagine if Helldivers 2 was a PC port coming out in two years in 2026. It'd be dead as a doornail in a couple years. The marketing would be a blog post 99% of gamers wont notice. Something a marketing assistant put together in an afternoon. And thats it for the marketing.

Getting all the launch day trailers, TV ads and banner ads to holistically support PS and PC will be a big boon for PC sales, since right now all you get is a crappy tweet, blog, or quick State of Play powerpoint slide saying a PC port is coming..... often two or more years later. Old news. Unless someone follows gaming, a lot of gamers probably dont even know there's already lots of Sony PC ports.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Burning Shores DLC came to PS5 less than a year ago, the PC version is the complete edition containing all the DLC, in a way, for Horizon at least, it was pretty quick to play the full experience, and we aren't double charged for the base game + DLC, like PS5 owners who bought the game at launch were.

Less than 3 years for Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut. PS5 Directors Cut was a late 2021 release.

If you got the 4 year old GoT on day one you had to pay another $30 to get the DC upgrade ($90), and the experience is still worse than what the experience can be on PC when it launches soon :messenger_sun:

People also forget that part of the delay is due to the porting studios reworking the original tech. An example for that is God of War's PC port, which took 2 years of work (albeit with a smaller team):

According to this article, it took Nixxes around a year to make Sucker Punch's tech fully scalable for modern PCs:

Once they have repurposed the proprietary tech of each first-party studio, future PC ports will arrive much faster.

Let's not forget that both Returnal and Days Gone took less than 2 years to arrive on PC, both of them being Unreal Engine titles. And that's before the whole "expanding our PC market even further" thing Totoki mentioned.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

That sentiment gets further compounded with how late generation titles are treated and left me asking if I should play a title now or wait for the inevitable PS5 release. And it was made all the worse with some titles getting free PS4 patches (Tsushima), some titles receiving native apps that were only parts of bundles (Spider-Man via the Miles Morales bundle, Tsushima via Iki Island expansion), or paid for upgrades (TLOU2). The lack of consistency to the enhanced/upgrade offerings was frustrating and really only led me to believe that it is much better to hold off, buy the old version when it is cheap and then play it once the upgraded version is available and hope there is a reasonable upgrade path.

Russell

Awful.

Losing more and more respect for the PlayStation brand.

What's the point in buying a PlayStation 5?

There is a certain satisfaction in knowing that a game is available only on a certain console - developed with that specific console's unique strengths and capabilities in mind - and will never, ever, ever be ported to a different platform. Ever.

Nintendo is the only one to have its head on straight.

Thanks, Sony, for continuing to devalue the PlayStation brand.

This industry deserves to collapse.

fersnake

• Experience Ghost of Tsushima with unlocked framerates and a variety of graphics options tailored to a wide range of hardware, ranging from high-end PCs to portable PC gaming devices.*
  • Get a view of even more of the action with support for Ultrawide (21:9), Super Ultrawide (32:9) and even 48:9 Triple Monitor support.*
  • Boost performance with upscaling and frame generation technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3 and Intel XeSS. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.**
  • Japanese lip sync – enjoy a more authentic experience with lip sync for Japanese voiceover, made possible by cinematics being rendered in real time by your PC.
  • Choose how you control the action: experience haptic feedback and adaptive triggers through a wired DualSense™ controller…***
  • …or go with mouse and keyboard, with fully customizable controls.
  • Haptic feedback – master your blade through the DualSense™ controller’s immersive haptic feedback.***
  • Adaptive triggers – enhance your accuracy with a bow using adaptive trigger resistance.***
Good to see some PC exclusive features like DLSS and DLAA :messenger_sun:

Is real-time cinematics new?

man nixxes delivering, just hope ppl support the game tho.

GrayChild

man nixxes delivering, just hope ppl support the game tho.

It's already in the top sellers, 2 months before release and considering the skepticism after the disastrous day 1 versions of TLOU and Horizon: Zero Dawn (highly doubt that so many people will notice it's Nixxes doing the port). Might not be the most commercially successful PC port of Sony, but I'm sure it will be among the top performers.

Leonidas

Awful.

Losing more and more respect for the PlayStation brand.

What's the point in buying a PlayStation 5?
You lost nothing, PC gamers gained yet another PS5 Sony exclusive :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: and more are coming.

At least the PS5 can still play PS4 games that are still exclusive (though some of those are dissappearing too).

If you care about PS5 exclusives, you'll probably forever have Destruction All-Stars to point to :messenger_sun:

There is a certain satisfaction in knowing that a game is available only on a certain console - developed with that specific console's unique strengths and capabilities in mind - and will never, ever, ever be ported to a different platform. Ever.
There's more satisfaction in having mid-range to high end PC, and knowing that a great porting studio like Nixes has the ability to take any game and bring them to PC with more features and higher settings than consoles could ever manage using the unique strengths and capabilities of the more powerful PC platform :messenger_sun:

Last gen I heard a lot of "insert Sony game" is the best looking game ever. Isn't it great that these games are now running better than ever on PC?

GHG

Huge ass Thermaltake Tower 300 aquarium lol
It’s enormous, for real, no wall shelf could hold that beast, makes the PS5 look like some tiny Switch. Currently have no idea where to place it but I’ll find a spot somewhere.

Decided to abandon going SFF then? On the bright side that will give you a lot more freedom in terms of the cooling options and components though.

I think the Tower 300 looks cool, just because of how unique it is, especially if you lay it on it's side. I also quite like the tower 200.

Dorfdad

Gold Member

Although a lot of them are lunatics and basically hate PlayStation anyway, just look at the coping in the FF VII exclusivity thread on ResetERA. Look at how many think they're "protesting" (translations: throwing temper tantrums) saying they'll just get the game on PC. And that's for a 3P title; imagine them doing the same in higher frequency for 1P titles when they already can gauge a pattern.

And like I said, over there the ones upset with that FF exclusivity stuff are butthurt Xbox & Nintendo (mainly the former, some of the latter) fanboys/fangirls for the most part. But I have seen a few more actual PS enthusiasts showing similar sentiments about just "waiting for PC" or switching over. Some of them already have other platforms like a PC, others may not but wouldn't be against switching if they know they can get all the Sony, Microsoft, & PC games on a single platform (not just PC, but Steam in particular).

The real question is, among the millions who would normally buy PlayStations, how many of this segment are there really? I'd say they're in the minority. But the actual problem is, they also would represent the largest share of spending on a per-customer level, easily. They buy the most games, buy the most hardware (console variants, peripherals etc.), sub at the highest tiers, spend the most on MTX/DLC add-ons etc. vs other customer types. And they're among the ones this strategy at current (if it remains as it currently is) risks converting to non-PlayStation platforms.

Particularly, if they are also heavy into 3P games alongside 1P games (which they likely are), especially since for online games so many (virtually all) are cross-play and cross-progression these days. The only thing that might prevent some of the would-be switchers in that scenario is that they'd have to re-buy a lot of their library again. But new spending would be focused on a non-PS platform like PC.

But again, this only becomes a longer-term issue if Sony A: keep the window for non-GAAS AAA games to 2 years or less, B: keep porting all of their games over (or set the pattern where that is expected) and, C: have little in the way of new equivalent exclusives for PS5 (preferably from 1P, but can also be 3P) to offset the ports. And well, right now they could be doing a lot better on those three fronts.

If you don't have FOMO then waiting a year or two if of no consequence. Plus it's not too difficult to avoid spoilers (despite some claiming otherwise).

Sony's strategy at-current risks them losing out on console enthusiasts who spend at least as much if not more time playing 3P games than 1P games, especially 3P service games, because virtually all 3P games launch on PC Day 1 now. So for those enthusiasts, PC covers most of their wants in new releases from the jump, and that plus the games which are PC exclusive (like DOTA 2 & Counterstrike2 (both Valve games), or LOL, VALORANT, WOW etc.) will keep them more than busy waiting the two years (or less) for Sony's 1P AAA non-GAAS titles to come over.

Especially when the pattern seems to show it would be all games coming over, too, so those players don't even have to worry about a new1P current-gen release remaining exclusive; it'd just be a matter of when, not if.

That's the kind of dangerous precedent Sony are setting for themselves console-wise.

Most likely yeah.

Arguably the only reason GOT took 4 years is because of the proprietary engine. Insomniac's had their engine ready for PC a while now, and games like HFW are on Decima which has been on PC for a while. For all we know, GOT 2 could be simply 2 years before the PC port, maybe even less than that.

This is the precedent for conditioning Sony's ports so far have been setting up. Even if they have changed things internally, where the window for non-GAAS AAA games grows (again, IMO it should be at least 4-6 years, if not longer and some games should probably not get ported at all), it would take a while for the expectations to wear off among gamers. If GT7 and Demon's Souls end up happening, it'd just take that much longer.

And, well, if we see GOW Ragnarok and especially Spiderman 2 after that for this year or next year, we'll probably know that the plan on that front hasn't changed. At the potential future peril of PlayStation console sales & growth, but that would be Sony's decision by that point.

Game's not even out yet and they're already getting cheaper pricing promos 😂

That's good for the people getting it on Steam, I will say that.
Shows 59.99 for me :(

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finally I can see how much of a Ubisoft game this is. Looking forward to it!
With Forbidden West and now Tsushima out of the way, I wonder what’s next? I’m guessing Ragnarok.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Nobody follows that absurd Trojan horse theory of releasing a game on PC and they drop their rig and buy a PS5 for the sequel. If that was the case, there wouldnt even be Horizon FW, Helldivers 2 or whatever other sequels on PC because they would had already transitioned over. And if PC followers were so big coming over PS5 forecasts wouldnt be missing by 4 million systems last earnings report.

Let him be.

Can't wait. Loved the game but got sidetracked and never finished it up. Looking forward to playing it in all its glory on my new rig

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
. If anything, it seems PS gamers are going PC. PC gaming is on the uptrend, PS sales forecasts majorly missing. It was so bad it sunk the company stock 10% in a week.
You can see this happening already when you see Steam hit a record 34 million concurrent users last week, and PC GPU sales going up last year while console sales went down. With missing their target by 3 million users. Who is to say those 3 million users didnt go to PC and were responsible for the PC GPU increase? Everyone here told me that most people wont switch to pc. well, it doesnt take most people. a small 10% drop in sales or missing sales forecast caused their CEO to declare that their business sucks ass, that PS execs dont know what they are doing and that they need to reevaluate their entire business strategy. again, sony sold 22 million units, but because they wanted to sell 25 million, and didnt, it caused that massive stock price drop, and caused them to layoff almost a thousand people. thats it. a 10% drop cut into their profit margins and caused all the commotion. I literally called this.

Sony and MS execs have no one but themselves to blame. Sony has ported pretty much every exclusive to PC in the last few years. i think only gow ragnorak, gt7 and spiderman 2 are left going back all the way to 2017. Thats like 15 exclusives games that have been ported. HZD, Uncharted lost legacy, GOW 2018, Spiderman 1, Detroit, Days Gone, Death Stranding, TLOU2 (Soon), GoT, Sackboy, Returnal, Ratchet, HFW, TLOU1, Miles. Basically 90% of their lineup with Nixxes porting everything in months, they will soon be day one. Sony wont have nixxes waiting around sitting on their asses just to appease Bryank.

The thing is they are such idiots that they saw MS effectively go third party because of these same retarded decisions to put games on PC, and are following in their footsteps.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can see this happening already when you see Steam hit a record 34 million concurrent users last week, and PC GPU sales going up last year while console sales went down. With missing their target by 3 million users. Who is to say those 3 million users didnt go to PC and were responsible for the PC GPU increase? Everyone here told me that most people wont switch to pc. well, it doesnt take most people. a small 10% drop in sales or missing sales forecast caused their CEO to declare that their business sucks ass, that PS execs dont know what they are doing and that they need to reevaluate their entire business strategy. again, sony sold 22 million units, but because they wanted to sell 25 million, and didnt, it caused that massive stock price drop, and caused them to layoff almost a thousand people. thats it. a 10% drop cut into their profit margins and caused all the commotion. I literally called this.

Sony and MS execs have no one but themselves to blame. Sony has ported pretty much every exclusive to PC in the last few years. i think only gow ragnorak, gt7 and spiderman 2 are left going back all the way to 2017. Thats like 15 exclusives games that have been ported. HZD, Uncharted lost legacy, GOW 2018, Spiderman 1, Detroit, Days Gone, Death Stranding, TLOU2 (Soon), GoT, Sackboy, Returnal, Ratchet, HFW, TLOU1, Miles. Basically 90% of their lineup with Nixxes porting everything in months, they will soon be day one. Sony wont have nixxes waiting around sitting on their asses just to appease Bryank.

The thing is they are such idiots that they saw MS effectively go third party because of these same retarded decisions to put games on PC, and are following in their footsteps.
I got back into doing PC games on steam and GOG during Xmas 2020. Before that, last time I played PC games a lot was the early 2000s playing HOMM3 ad Unreal Tournament.

For me, getting into PC games wasnt even a big budget console exclusive thing or whatever topics we all discuss here. It was simply due from covid, being home bored and instead just playing console games, I decided to check out PC card and board games. At that time, covid was still a hot topic of being home based, our fam didn't get together all year due to fear of germs and everyone was buying board and puzzle games to play on dining room tables. I wouldnt do that since it's just me, so I did the digital route to play against AI. And every gamer know certain kinds of games are better on PC like these games due to variety and mouse click interface,

My bro would be telling me about all the board games they were buying to kill time as a family, so I decided to check out Steam and GOG. Then I kept checking the sites and saw so many games while cross verifying with Board Game Geek and board game YT channels to see what's good and bad. Then since I bought some myself, I decided to expand to some 90s oldies I grew up playing buying them for like $3-5 each too. So I bought Talisman Origins, Isle of Skye, and since then probably 10 more over the years. Then another ten 90s oldies games. Then some recent stuff like Disco and Balatro and a few more since Xmas.

I'll never be a core PC gamer as I dont play on my big TV as I leave it on while I dabble with PC games on my laptop, but my first bigger budget kind of game I bought was Disco Elysium a week or two ago, which I will start soon.

If it wasnt for my bro telling me about his stack of family card/board games during 2020 I'd still be console only gaming. And now since I'm an active PC gamer, I might even get Helldivers 2. But not yet. I'm not paying $50 CDN. I'll wait for a deal and assurance the servers are good. And this possibility would had never happened unless I checked out Steam/GOG from 2020 and got on the PC train. My PC gaming habit is different than ones playing higher budget games, but still on on the train. I just got the economy ticket.

Last edited:
I got back into doing PC games on steam and GOG during Xmas 2020. Before that, last time I played PC games a lot was the early 2000s playing HOMM3 ad Unreal Tournament.

For me, getting into PC games wasnt even a big budget console exclusive thing or whatever topics we all discuss here. It was simply due from covid, being home bored and instead just playing console games, I decided to check out PC card and board games. At that time, covid was still a hot topic of being home based, our fam didn't get together all year due to fear of germs and everyone was buying board and puzzle games to play on dining room tables. I wouldnt do that since it's just me, so I did the digital route to play against AI. And every gamer know certain kinds of games are better on PC like these games due to variety and mouse click interface,

My bro would be telling me about all the board games they were buying to kill time as a family, so I decided to check out Steam and GOG. Then I kept checking the sites and saw so many games while cross verifying with Board Game Geek and board game YT channels to see what's good and bad. Then since I bought some myself, I decided to expand to some 90s oldies I grew up playing buying them for like $3-5 each too. So I bought Talisman Origins, Isle of Skye, and since then probably 10 more over the years. Then another ten 90s oldies games. Then some recent stuff like Disco and Balatro and a few more since Xmas.

I'll never be a core PC gamer as I dont play on my big TV as I leave it on while I dabble with PC games on my laptop, but my first bigger budget kind of game I bought was Disco Elysium a week or two ago, which I will start soon.

If it wasnt for my bro telling me about his stack of family card/board games during 2020 I'd still be console only gaming. And now since I'm an active PC gamer, I might even get Helldivers 2. But not yet. I'm not paying $50 CDN. I'll wait for a deal and assurance the servers are good. And this possibility would had never happened unless I checked out Steam/GOG from 2020 and got on the PC train. My PC gaming habit is different than ones playing higher budget games, but still on on the train. I just got the economy ticket.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Sony isn’t doing day and date, so it’s not the same

If they ever do day and date, I’d imagine it would be with their own storefront

Top Bottom