• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Metal Gear Scanlon

7ovlqdDl.png

Anjin M

any suit is a tear away suit if you truly commit
Goddamnit stump.

This will kill my cred, but I'm going to have to get some god mode mods for the first 2 Witchers to just get through them for the story to be able to play 3. I've had them all downloaded for a while now just sitting there waiting to be played.
If you really want to commit, you should read the books first. That said, I skipped the first two games and went right to Witcher 3. It's pretty good.

Would be a tragedy.

I really like the top 5 of Gamespot.
Witcher 3 has plenty of GOTYs this year already. It doesn't need one from a bunch of guys who barely played it.

What are you talking about? It's a great title. The mods didn't even have to intervene to change it!
I agree. I think it's a great title. Real pathos.

Is BUNTING1243 making the next thread?
Unless anyone disagrees, I'll go ahead and take it. I have some free time now. If this thread runs down to fast, it might be a ghetto OT for a couple hours.

Goddamnit stump.

If you really want to commit, you should read the books first. That said, I skipped the first two games and went right to Witcher 3. It's pretty good.

Witcher 3 has plenty of GOTYs this year already. It doesn't need one from a bunch of guys who barely played it.

I agree. I think it's a great title. Real pathos.

Unless anyone disagrees, I'll go ahead and take it. I have some free time now. If this thread runs down to fast, it might be a ghetto OT for a couple hours.

That'd be awesome if you made it.

kvk1

i mean if you're gonna do it, do it right

there is an accepted etiquette to being a subscriber based solo-content channel

good on Patrick, wahooo your heart out lad, get that dosh

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Congratulations, Patrick is officially a YouTuber. Wahoo! Welcome to the family.

I've been curious to know his his end goal is with this streaming stuff. Is he looking to become a full-time streamer? I realize he's been streaming independently since at least his time at Giant Bomb, but he didn't have the Twitch subscriber stuff previously.

yami4ct

I've been curious to know his his end goal is with this streaming stuff. Is he looking to become a full-time streamer? I realize he's been streaming independently since at least his time at Giant Bomb, but he didn't have the Twitch subscriber stuff previously.

When he was talking about becoming a Twitch partner to begin with, he didn't seem super hot on the subscriber stuff. He mainly just wanted the quality setting so people on bad connections can watch too. He got into doing subscriber stuff when people in the audience pushed him to let them give him money.

Seems like he sees it as just a small bonus right now to help justify him putting time into doing the Twitch stuff. Doubt he's looking to stream fun time.

We needed a new faction at the Pax Rumble now that Team GFB seems to have disintegrated.

The #ScoopsSquad seems about right.

Patrick "Scoops" Klepek
Steve "Hot Scoops" Gaynor
Alex "The Wolf" Navarro

Dineren

Banned
I point to my post a couple weeks ago:

Congratulations, Patrick is officially a YouTuber. Wahoo! Welcome to the family.

I haven't watched him a couple weeks, but I watched the archive of this morning's stream and it didn't seem bad at all. Maybe I just watch too much twitch, but he still isn't nearly as bad as most of the streamers I've seen.

GOTS, as an anime, is what, one really good movie, an okay TV series, and then a bunch of turdnime?

He should just watch the movie with the boobies, that's the only good one and that's in spite of the needless boobies

yami4ct

I don't actually recommend watching this video but I accidentally stumbled across it today (related video) and I think it has the worst example of "pro youtuber theme song" I've seen to date

https://youtu.be/5m79LzoTabA?t=32s

kind of wanted to die

Youtube has gotten real weird. How did we get to this point?

GOTS, as an anime, is what, one really good movie, an okay TV series, and then a bunch of turdnime?

He should just watch the movie with the boobies, that's the only good one and that's in spite of the needless boobies

Stand Alone Complex is pretty incredible IMO and does a good job of exploring some cool ideas the movie never gets to. It has some filler episodes, but even those are pretty good on average. The original movie is a classic, of course, and the manga it's based on is good too.

GitS 2 is weird in a way that doesn't really work and Arise has been mediocre from what I've heard. Not garbage tier, but not really worth watching either.

I don't actually recommend watching this video but I accidentally stumbled across it today (related video) and I think it has the worst example of "pro youtuber theme song" I've seen to date

https://youtu.be/5m79LzoTabA?t=32s

kind of wanted to die
I can't be the only one intensely creeped out by vloggers.

It's like documenting your life to the umpteenth degree, and it's all public. Seeing vloggers get into relationships and then break up and having to explain the break up to millions of subscribers and aaaah like that's way too much to share.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
When he was talking about becoming a Twitch partner to begin with, he didn't seem super hot on the subscriber stuff. He mainly just wanted the quality setting so people on bad connections can watch too. He got into doing subscriber stuff when people in the audience pushed him to let them give him money.

Seems like he sees it as just a small bonus right now to help justify him putting time into doing the Twitch stuff. Doubt he's looking to stream fun time.

I hope so. He did that weird experimenting with headlines thing months before he left for Kotaku though.

neshcom

Banned
I can't be the only one intensely creeped out by vloggers.

It's like documenting your life to the umpteenth degree, and it's all public. Seeing vloggers get into relationships and then break up and having to explain the break up to millions of subscribers and aaaah like that's way too much to share.

Yeah, but some of them are hot.
even the hot ones get annoying fast

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I used to watch a couple of vloggers called nick lachey and jessica simpson on a show called newlyweds: nick and jessica

one time jessica said she loved the scent of this candle she bought, only to discover upon further inspection that it was in fact unscented

another time she spent a lot of money on some egyptian cotton sheets and nick got real mad

strafer

I used to watch a couple of vloggers called nick lachey and jessica simpson on a show called newlyweds: nick and jessica

one time jessica said she loved the scent of this candle she bought, only to discover upon further inspection that it was in fact unscented

another time she spent a lot of money on some egyptian cotton sheets and nick got real mad

I remember that show. It was badass.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That was just him auditioning for Kotaku, right? That change always struck me as really weird, and doubly so when he announced where he was going post-GB.

That's mostly why I'm curious about the streaming stuff. It seems like a strange move for him. No matter what he does, I'll enjoy his work.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Patrick isn't really a cut above most other games journalists. Who can name a notable bit of journalism he's done? People like Schreier or however it is spelled do some excellent work over at Kotaku, but he really doesn't. Despite his scoops nickname he doesn't deliver any hot scoops. It makes sense that post-GB he'd utilise some of the livestream skills he's accumulated, but honestly the shoe doesn't fit that great. He's in a weird place, imo.

That sounds harsher than I meant it to be, because he is a nice guy and I enjoy his Mario mornings and a good amount of his GB content. It would be great to see him over at GBeast.

FUCK NICK

Lingitiz

Patrick isn't really a cut above most other games journalists. Who can name a notable bit of journalism he's done? People like Schreier or however it is spelled do some excellent work over at Kotaku, but he really doesn't. Despite his scoops nickname he doesn't deliver any hot scoops. It makes sense that post-GB he'd utilise some of the livestream skills he's accumulated, but honestly the shoe doesn't fit that great. He's in a weird place, imo.

That sounds harsher than I meant it to be, because he is a nice guy and I enjoy his Mario mornings and a good amount of his GB content.

Not really much of a scoop, but this is a great article he did recently.

I wanna say he had a legitimate scoop while at GB, something pretty big, but I can't remember what it was.

Didn't he break the Infinity Ward thing and the Xbox One DRM removal?

Bacon

Games journalists don't really have the opportunity to break that many huge stories. Him having two large breaking stories in his 10 or so year career is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom