• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nightly Trackmania session on GB server is always relaxing.

En Vivo
http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/
Future of Giant Bomb and future of e-sports.

BackRevolvingBoubou.gif

Also you misspelled that word twice.

I'd watch a POGS Premium Show.

im upset that Steamworld Heist isnt on PC

It will be. Give it time.

From the QL, I don't know how interesting it will be to actually play for an extended period. The gameplay will get old really fast without more RPG or roguelike stuff supporting it.

Wunder

It will be. Give it time.

From the QL, I don't know how interesting it will be to actually play for an extended period. The gameplay will get old really fast without more RPG or roguelike stuff supporting it.

Yeah but I need an XCOM filler NOW before XCOM 2. I won't play this once February rolls around.

I do wonder about the longevity of the game too but the free-aim stuff is a pretty nice variation of the traditional turn-based cover game

Yeah but I need an XCOM filler NOW before XCOM 2. I won't play this once February rolls around.

I do wonder about the longevity of the game too but the free-aim stuff is a pretty nice variation of the traditional turn-based cover game

If you're desperate for a fix, Hard West is worth checking out. A decent Western-themed XCOM style game with a supernatural storyline and some cool mechanics.

Wunder

If you're desperate for a fix, Hard West is worth checking out. A decent Western-themed XCOM style game with a supernatural storyline and some cool mechanics.

Thanks! I just remembered I lent my 3DS to someone but I'll have it over Christmas but I'll check this out too.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I've been looking hard at that, it's around 10 bucks at GMG with their sale. I'm going to see what the Steam sale looks like tomorrow before grabbing it though.

I've been looking hard at that, it's around 10 bucks at GMG with their sale. I'm going to see what the Steam sale looks like tomorrow before grabbing it though.

The combat is tense and fun, but if you're looking for an XCOM-type macrogame you'll probably want to pass -- it's broken up into eight 1-2 hour mini campaigns that are completely independent of each other. They introduce some interesting ideas and some choose-your-own-adventure style storytelling into each campaign, but for the most part it's just window-dressing between fights. This RPS review seemed to echo a lot of my thoughts, good and bad.

Austin's "Its a Gundam" reference in his article was pretty good.

God bless Gundam Wing (even though story wise it wasn't great)

Unless it wasn't a reference then i'll kinda be bummed out :p

Jothel

new thread woo.
how do you see the top posters of a thread? I know I accidentally clicked on something once to get there

LiK

finished Tales from the Borderlands Ep 1. you guys were right. it's fucking awesome. will play more tomorrow.

yami4ct

Hearing the /Filmcast guys talk about the Force Awakens premier makes me glad review events for games hasn't gotten that over the top. Their description of it basically read like 'and here's why you can never trust my opinion on this movie'. Their review was still good, but I couldn't help but feel all that pomp and circumstance tilted them more positive.

In games I'm actually playing news, I finally started Yakuza 4 again. Decided to just start over since it's been so long since I picked it up. Akiyama is still the best and the new protagonists are just the shot in the arm the series needed after the weak 3rd entry. Definitely going all the way this time. It amazes me how much they are able to cram into these games and remain near-annual release.

My copy of Trails of Cold Steel should be hear on Wednesday. Also hoping to pick up Undetale on the next Steam sale. Once I get significant time in those games and put a hair bit more into XCX, I'll finally be ready to put together my list.

My two brothers and I just spent an hour banging our head against one of Jeff's Mario Maker levels and barely got past the first jump. Fuck you Gerstmann.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom