• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

My two brothers and I just spent an hour banging our head against one of Jeff's Mario Maker levels and barely got past the first jump. Fuck you Gerstmann.

Given it's the first jump, I'm assuming Turkey and Stuffing. Yep. That first jump is deliberately designed to be a real fucker.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have anywhere to post this and I don't want to make a new thread, but I played some Halo 5 earlier today and realised that I have no idea who the story is for. Like, usually when a story is completely ineffectual for me I can at least pigeonhole the demographic, but I'm at a complete loss with Halo 5. It's such a weird thing.

...giant bomb.

I don't have anywhere to post this and I don't want to make a new thread, but I played some Halo 5 earlier today and realised that I have no idea who the story is for. Like, usually when a story is completely ineffectual for me I can at least pigeonhole the demographic, but I'm at a complete loss with Halo 5. It's such a weird thing.

...giant bomb.

The story in Halo 5 is weird and kinda bad.

Zornack

why is so little of it starring master chief? i just do not understand that decision.

Yeah, that's the part that makes no sense to me. You play as MC in, what, three missions? Also why does the story have literally nothing to do with the pre-release commercials...

Weird story, weird game.

just looked at my daily log on super mario maker and it's kind of disgusting

600+
hours, but I did leave it on (including overnight) on without really playing it on several occasions

and doom could be even worse depending on how good its editor is

Jothel

add me to the "I just played the first episode of Tales From the Borderlands and think it's pretty cool too" list

Really treading into stalker territory with this.

"Blow me. LFO is this year's LFO, cocksucker!" -Jeff Gerstmann

Also kind of loving how much of this is just quoting hip-hop lyrics. Clicked on a thread titled "THE JUNGLE, THE JUNGLE" and got "THE BROTHERS, THE BROTHERS" as I had hoped.

Jeff's alright. Also, Ryan has magic dick, apparently.

Blastoise

Banned
I'm just amazed Google has archived all these Usenet posts.

I'm reading people complaining about Apple hardware from 1983. It is amazing how little people change.

FluxWaveZ

So for some reason, I always knew about the Bot Colony Unfinished video, but I had no idea that there was a standalone Vinny video featuring the game that preceded it. No idea how I missed that one.

Watching it now. Of course, it's great.

Zaph

finished Tales from the Borderlands Ep 1. you guys were right. it's fucking awesome. will play more tomorrow.

I started and finished the entire season last weekend and gbgaf did not lie, it is fantastic. The game does the very rare thing of having brief moments where the editing, action and humour comes together at a film-level quality.

Only issue I had was it felt like a turning point in no longer being able to suspend disbelief that this industry relies on like 5 voice actors. They're all very good at what they do, and no doubt get the job because they crush their audition, but I think casting directors need to start considering that their audience plays more than just their video game, and their characters are being diluted because of it.

Bowlie

Banned
See, I was going through some videos that I had not seen already, and found something called "Papa Vinny’s Barbershop".

Boy am I glad to click on that

Catvoca

Banned
I started and finished the entire season last weekend and gbgaf did not lie, it is fantastic. The game does the very rare thing of having brief moments where the editing, action and humour comes together at a film-level quality.

Only issue I had was it felt like a turning point in no longer being able to suspend disbelief that this industry relies on like 5 voice actors. They're all very good at what they do, and no doubt get the job because they crush their audition, but I think casting directors need to start considering that their audience plays more than just their video game, and their characters are being diluted because of it.

The fact that the voice actors are Troy Baker, Laura Bailey and Nolan North doesn't really help the game. They're fantastic, but they are like the most famous videogame voice actors. Add to that Patrick Warburton and Chris Hardwick, both of whom are famous and have distinctive voices, and it becomes a little bit of a mess. I adore the game, but for the first episode I was a bit distracted.

Jothel

Thinking about it, 2015 was one of the, if not the best years of Giant Bomb.

Why was all your favourite stuff from this year? The contradiction play through and Mario party party 5 are at a tie for me at the mo

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I honstely would love to see a "Making off" for Dan's insane levels, or a walkthrough by him explaining how he "designed" stuff. I sometimes wonder if some of the things in his levels just happened to work out or if I don't give him enough credit.

Tubobutts

Thinking about it, 2015 was one of the, if not the best years of Giant Bomb.

Why was all your favourite stuff from this year? The contradiction play through and Mario party party 5 are at a tie for me at the mo

Contradiction, the beastcast, Them playing Crusader Kings once, !Mario Maker Saga, Vinny building bridges, play dates, and GBEast in general. There's probably more stuff I can't remember right now.

I forgot that them trying to get Dan to play D&D was this year, but I don't know if I would call that a favorite.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Contradiction was some of the best GB content in my opinion. The fucking devil horns revelation omfg.

That Last Live Show of 2015 video is really low key and nice. The previous year's with Rorie and Jeff was a bit better, if only for the interactions, but there was something surreal and wonderful about Jeff just sitting in the dark amongst boxes swearing at Bubsy.

Wunder

I'm not a fan of John Drake getting punched in the face because when it was his turn he didn't punch Dan hard enough.

he was concussed

edit: my highlight of the year is hiring Austin. He elevates GBEast iinto new heights and plays off Alex and Vinny perfectly.

MkpvGvj.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160204

yess finally a use for it

Bowlie

Banned
BLLSL (mainly the first half), Vinny having fun with his editor/producer side on the beastcast and now Project B.E.A.S.T, and Contradiction.

Tubobutts

he was concussed

edit: my highlight of the year is hiring Austin. He elevates GBEast iinto new heights and plays off Alex and Vinny perfectly.

Are you saying it was a shoot? Don't kayfabe me brother, that was a work.

I don't understand anything I just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom