• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're probably right. I just think it's a little disappointing given it was supposedly a passion project.

If you ask me, everything EA has put out this generation has felt incredibly rushed and not good. They're easily the worst publisher I've dealt with this generation and I never gave them any shit last gen when everyone hated them. Their games just seem pushed out and like they'll never hit any sort of mark of quality because they don't care to hit that mark of quality.

What they're describing in VR fucking suuuucks. Jeff is super resilient, but I'm not and when that happens I basically have to stop playing VR for the day.

If you ask me, everything EA has put out this generation has felt incredibly rushed and not good. They're easily the worst publisher I've dealt with this generation and I never gave them any shit last gen when everyone hated them. Their games just seem pushed out and like they'll never hit any sort of mark of quality because they don't care to hit that mark of quality.

I think that really rings true with what you said about Ubi. Ubi are clearly terrified of moving away from their formula but at least they come up with some interesting concepts that feature a huge amount on content within that blueprint. I don't think Ubi games will ever blow me away, but I figure I'll get my monies worth from the purchase. EA on the other hand are happy to put any shit even if it means stripping pre-existing franchises like Mirror's Edge and Battle Front of everything that made them great.

Mr. F

Banned
What they're describing in VR fucking suuuucks. Jeff is super resilient, but I'm not and when that happens I basically have to stop playing VR for the day.

Yeah, I remember at work whenever there would be something particularly jarring I was pretty much done for a day or two. Weirdest part is how it kind of lingers and affects your appetite (I think Bakalar described something similar from the RE demo at E3)

Yeah, I remember at work whenever there would be something particularly jarring I was pretty much done for a day or two. Weirdest part is how it kind of lingers and affects your appetite (I think Bakalar described something similar from the RE demo at E3)

It totally does linger. It's really frustrating sometimes. One of symptoms I've noticed is my upper lip sweats, which is a thing I've never experienced in my life until VR.

Mr. F

Banned
It totally does linger. It's really frustrating sometimes. One of symptoms I've noticed is my upper lip sweats, which is a thing I've never experienced in my life until VR.

Huh. So what's the deal with that physiological response? Is it just an extreme/accellerated version of typical motion sickness? I've never gotten the upper lip sweats but similarly unusual hot flashes/clamminess that I never ever got before VR was a thing.

Huh. So what's the deal with that physiological response? Is it just an extreme/accellerated version of typical motion sickness? I've never gotten the upper lip sweats but similarly unusual hot flashes/clamminess that I never ever got before VR was a thing.

I have no idea. It definitely feels like a symptom of motion sickness, but I've never gotten motion sick elsewhere so I don't know.

The hotness happens for me too. VR is so weird.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff always seems like a crazy person to me when he talks about Burnout Paradise being game of the generation.

Like people who talk about Undertale being their life identity.

Jeff always seems like a crazy person to me when he talks about Burnout Paradise being game of the generation.

I really think it has a lot to do with the game hitting him at the perfect time. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic racing game, but c'mon.

See?
Food prep works exactly like that

The tedium of food prep is how long it fucking takes and how easy it is to injure yourself/contaminate shit. This gives you the stress/excitement at 100x speed which is nothing like actual food prep. Point being it's nothing like the worst parts of the actual work.

...very curious what Dan thinks proper burger making procedure in real life is.

giphy.gif

Xeteh

I could honestly see people thinking Burnout Paradise being their favorite. I'm not big on racing games but holy shit Burnout Paradise was amazing. Do I think Jeff was right? Nah, he doesn't like RDR so he's immediately wrong, but Burnout Paradise is pretty godlike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom