• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My newest hope for GB content is for either East or West to play a few games of Pikmin 3 - Bingo Battle

I recently found out that is a fantastic party game.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Watching the Gundam Breaker ql and Austin and Vinny spending 30+ mins customizing a Gundam is so cute

Chuck

Still without luck
Did Dan just find out about the diabetes? I hope he's not stupid enough to keep ordering hundreds of sodas every week.

justjim89

tumblr_oaf2zx4WbQ1u5eu8ao1_540.png

I probably got that shit.. But that Dr Pepper sure tasted good just now

In regards to diabetes actual suger is not always a big issue - unless it is consumed in the extreme. A high intake of carb high foods (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes) are as big an issue, as your body treats them in the same way, and they need to broken down the same way.

Megasoum

Banned
Playing Red Dead kinda makes me want to re-visit GTA4.... Man... There is exactly zero quicklooks for that game on the site...

I remember all the bullshit around the Lost and Damned DLC thing but I thought there was still a quicklook for the base game and/or Gay Tony...

Megasoum

Banned
GTAIV came out a month after Giant Bomb was founded, and well before Quick Looks were a thing.

Yeah I know but they could have done one for Gay Tony (which is still, by far, the best thing to come out of GTA4) but I guess they didn't bother after all the shit Rockstar gave them with Lost and Damned.

I know that this would never happen but I wish they would re-master San Andreas on the GTA4/5 engine... SA is still the best in the franchise but that trilogy aged really poorly. Especially control wise.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Playing Red Dead kinda makes me want to re-visit GTA4.... Man... There is exactly zero quicklooks for that game on the site...

I remember all the bullshit around the Lost and Damned DLC thing but I thought there was still a quicklook for the base game and/or Gay Tony...
There's a video of Jeff playing with Ryan in the background GTA 4 with a camera pointed at a TV screen but I can't find it right now

Yeah I know but they could have done one for Gay Tony (which is still, by far, the best thing to come out of GTA4) but I guess they didn't bother after all the shit Rockstar gave them with Lost and Damned.

Yep. It's the part in GTA IV where they realized people want to have some fucking fun

Arkham Knight, DOOM or The Witness?

I want Arkham for some fun Batman & Villain interactions.
Doom because of how fun everyone says it is (but afraid I might be joyless and find it hollow)
The Witness because it's a puzzle game, but I don't know if I'll finish it.

What say ye?
Man, Deus Ex Go actually looks really good. Now I have to decide if I want to wait for that or play Lara Croft Go.
I hope one or both come to the Rift, like Hitman Go.

Zaph

Doom because of how fun everyone says it is (but afraid I might be joyless and find it hollow)

What say ye?

Can't go wrong with Doom or The Witness, both strong GOTY contenders and just fucking outstanding games.

Play Batman if you really want to, I guess?

What say ye?

Skip Arkham Knight, the interactions aren't what you want. The only thing that's good is the Batman and Joker lines, but even those were better in the other Arkham games.

Doom is a great experience by all accounts, and Witness is a very long puzzle game. I suggest Doom. I'd be shocked if you didn't enjoy how well the game plays, if nothing else.

Strax

What say ye?

Arkham Knight is a really good game at its core, is maybe the best sounding (VO, music and atmosphere) and looking game that is out on the PS4. The reviews are 100% right about the Batmobile, its not needed or fun. You have to it use in some main missions and they clearly could've designed the mission without having it. I think the only reason for it being in the game is so the game wouldn't be "Arkham City but bigger". It was kinda funny how the entire fandom of AA and AC went from "The only thing that sucks is not being able to drive the Batmobile" to "The only thing that sucks is driving the Batmobile". The story is also kinda lacking compared to AA and AC and it boggles my mind why they didn't keep Paul Dini as the writer when he wanted to do it.

What say ye?

Doom or The Witness. Both are fantastic. Arkham Knight's story is terrible aside from a couple of (admittedly really cool) moments.

Meneses

Arkham Knight's coolest moment is right at the beginning
"Press X to even the odds"
, so you won't lose much by not playing through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom