• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
cF4tClT.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if Jeff knows that there are people on the internet, like the tumblrs, that are way into nu-metal and that are well below the age of people that would be into nu-metal. Like there are several people I have found in corners of the internet that have chosen late 90s early 2000s nu-metal as their 'aesthetic' and talk up mallgoth stuff and listen to Korn and Orgy and all that.

Khezu

God Warzone sucked.
So bad compared to the AKI games.

The only thing I even remember about it was that it randomly had a gameshark code to create topless female wrestlers.
And well novel, does not make up for the crappy gameplay.

robotrock

Banned
Is Arby's actually good? I have a couple super close to me but I've never tried it. Giant Bomb and Dave Lang are the only people I've heard who are into it.

I wonder if Jeff knows that there are people on the internet, like the tumblrs, that are way into nu-metal and that are well below the age of people that would be into nu-metal. Like there are several people I have found in corners of the internet that have chosen late 90s early 2000s nu-metal as their 'aesthetic' and talk up mallgoth stuff and listen to Korn and Orgy and all that.

You mean like people in high school now who are into that stuff now? People are fucking weird what a strange thing to latch on to.

Is Arby's actually good? I have a couple super close to me but I've never tried it. Giant Bomb and Dave Lang are the only people I've heard who are into it.

I think its one of the better fast food places. People like to hate on it because Jon Stewart did on the Daily Show all the time, but its alright.

You mean like people in high school now who are into that stuff now? People are fucking weird what a strange thing to latch on to.

I think its one of the better fast food places. People like to hate on it because Jon Stewart did on the Daily Show all the time, but its alright.

Also, the Simpsons had an Arby's bit. I think it was when the kids were stranded on a island and Millhouse (I think it was him) says he's so hungry he could eat at Arby's and everyone was repulsed by the thought.

Edit- Not Millhouse. It was Sherri (or Terri): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxQqdFOeoM

What do you recommend getting over there?

I'm going to echo the Roast Beef and Cheddar or just the Big Montana, which is only roast beef. I also like the Chicken Bacon Swiss, but that's less traditional. Make sure to get curly fries they're like Checker's regular fires in terms of taste, but they aren't soggy all the time like Checker's are. I think one of the things they have going for them is their in house condiments seem to have a unique taste to them, so grab some horsey and Arby's sauce.

Man I haven't been to Arby's in a while, now I kind of want to go. This was a bad idea.

Also, the Simpsons had an Arby's bit. I think it was when the kids were stranded on a island and Millhouse (I think it was him) says he's so hungry he could eat at Arby's and everyone was repulsed by the thought.

Edit- Not Millhouse. It was Sherri (or Terri): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxQqdFOeoM

Huh go figure I had kind of assumed it was an isolated thing. I'm going to be honest I don't eat a ton traditional fast food. I haven't been to a McDonalds in at least 15 years and maybe Burger King in like 8 years. I think I've been to Taco Bell twice and both those times were before I turned 10. I'll occasionally grab a burger from Wendy's or Arbys, if I'm traveling. Maybe my opinion is shit?

NIN90

Woah are they moving to the episode number format with the Bombcast?

qp1dSkH.png

Not sure what to think of this. I need to lie down...

Zaph

Much better this way, looks cleaner.

Dates should be a addendum, not in the title. So like Giant Bombcast 440 (07/26/2016)

Strax

The music video's concept was by the band's bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu. Their managers advised them to request Joseph Kahn to direct the video. Kahn also was the director for "A.D.I.D.A.S." music video in 1997. After asking Kahn to direct their video, he responded saying "That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard." Offended by and against his response, Korn hired McG.

Jintor

i'm playing black 2 atm and it's pretty cool

it's weird having this whole gen of pokemon i literally know almost nothing about. everything is a surprise again.

The music video's concept was by the band's bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu. Their managers advised them to request Joseph Kahn to direct the video. Kahn also was the director for "A.D.I.D.A.S." music video in 1997. After asking Kahn to direct their video, he responded saying "That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard." Offended by and against his response, Korn hired McG.

"no idea too stupid" does seem like a believable motto for McG

i'm playing black 2 atm and it's pretty cool

it's weird having this whole gen of pokemon i literally know almost nothing about. everything is a surprise again.

I kinda feel like the internet ruined pokemon. Before, it was a quest to be like "oh where can I find this pokemon, oh you have him where'd you get him?!" but now you can just look up appearance rates on serebii and be done with it.

I might go into Sun/Moon blind (aside from the stuff that's already been revealed), but I don't know if i have any desire to play another 3D pokemon game. It just doesn't feel the same. I didn't even get through OR/AS.

Also, at first I thought you meant Black the FPS and I was like "they made a sequel?"

Jintor

Kinda why I like pkmn go so much ATM. It's just rumor city right note.

The eevee naming trick actually being true is just the icing on the rumor cake

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I kinda feel like the internet ruined pokemon. Before, it was a quest to be like "oh where can I find this pokemon, oh you have him where'd you get him?!" but now you can just look up appearance rates on serebii and be done with it.

Don't go on the MS Anne, instead trade a pokemon that already knows Cut. After you get Surf you need to surf down and you will find a truck. Now you have to cut the tires with Cut and use Strength to move the truck. Mew will be under the truck.

Man, I spent soooooooo much time testing different ways to get Mew that I read on the internet. So much time...

demidar

Speaking of wild goose chases, I followed the Fable 1 community as they searched for the elusive Sandgoose. Nothing came from it, but it was a fun ride.

I'm also way into the idea of Pokemon Go starting with just the first gen pokemon and (presumably) slowly rolling out new ones. It kinda sucks playing the new games and knowing from the start that there's no way in hell I will catch even half of the pokemon in the game. In Go it feels like I can at least get close, and then when new ones get added it reignites that hunt.

Meguro

Banned
I had the Fortune Street TNT on in the background while playing The Division and even just in the background that's still one of the best things on the site.
The best TNT by far.

I'm also way into the idea of Pokemon Go starting with just the first gen pokemon and (presumably) slowly rolling out new ones. It kinda sucks playing the new games and knowing from the start that there's no way in hell I will catch even half of the pokemon in the game. In Go it feels like I can at least get close, and then when new ones get added it reignites that hunt.

This is the one thing that makes me think I should get into it from now. Still gonna hold off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom