• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombcast live recordings are at 2 AM on Wednesdays for me.

It's probably for the best, to keep the podcasts as things to listen to when walking and doing dishes etc rather than sit down for.

6FIrTlc.png

Hyped.

Xater

I have been trying to imagine the meeting during which some people agreed upon a universal fart move being a good idea. It's somehow really depressing.

Myggen

Someone in the comments posted this website that has some comments from someone who claims they worked on Tattoo Assassins.

http://www.bunnyears.net/tattoo/

The team was promised $25,000 bonuses and $25 per game manufactured if we could make it to production within 8 months. This was a pretty juicy carrot, and we all hung out our tongues and nodded our heads and began chasing it like fools. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and all that but I think you will agree that the deadline was ridiculous considering we had no video game experience whatsoever amongst us.

During the whole project, we were required to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our lunch and dinner were take out - paid for by the company, which was great, but the purpose was to keep us from going out and having an hour long lunch or dinner break away from our desks. Every meal was a "working" meal, meaning we would have meetings in the conference room as we ate to keep from interfering with the "real" work. If we were late to work, or left early, we would be threatened with having some of our $25,000 bonus docked. The "carrot" had become a big baseball bat we were beaten with almost daily. One guy walked out after having his bonus docked for coming in at noon, and he quit on the spot. The next day he was placated and he came back. I remember this moment vividly--working away at 3:30 a.m. one morning. I was so physically exhausted that I casually leaned over to the garbage can and vomited, after which I went right back to tapping away. My fingers never left the keyboard.

I like RoF just for Jeff and Jason but I think it'd be majorly improved with a shorter time spent on each game. Two fighting games over two hours is a bit much. They're already leaning into how silly the "science" is so just make it full on rapid-fire.

Nishastra

Banned
I like RoF just for Jeff and Jason but I think it'd be majorly improved with a shorter time spent on each game. Two fighting games over two hours is a bit much. They're already leaning into how silly the "science" is so just make it full on rapid-fire.
I hope to god they never listen to you.

Daaaaaaaaaaad, Lunar is mean to a GB non-premium feature with TWO EXPERTS (big fans) of the genre and the highest potential longevity.

Calling either of them experts is kind of a stretch. They have a good grasp on the history, but neither of them are particularly great at fighters. That aside I also think 2 hours for 2 games is too slow. The format could use some work.

Meneses

I've been rewatching all the Best of GB Videos, so many great moments but:

1) Vinny is the GOAT

2) Vinny and Brad's "losing it" laughs are the GOAT

3) That Ravaged QL moment where 2) happens is probably the GOAT.

Myggen

I don't think GB generally falls under "games journalists" for a lot of people, and in general Jim is right that a lot of journos don't want to talk about it.

Oh yeah, I know, it`s just strange that there is that taboo when you have GB talking so openly about it and playing games on emulators on stream. There`s no way of knowing if they`ve gotten push back by developers for doing it, but I would assume not (or at least not that much) since they`re only getting more open about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom