• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Just remembered that I never watched the Until Dawn playthrough. Well.

It's such a bummer because they were FINALLY starting to hit a stride in terms of content coverage, and a steady flow of video content across the week from both offices.

In a way, there's always going to be some type of disruption going on at Giant Bomb. I think it's just the price you pay when the thing you enjoy is based on the efforts of a very small group of people who don't have complete control of their situation.

But I suppose it beats wondering all the time if this is the month GB can't pay its hosting bill and folds.

Scizzy

Content that Austin must have return cameos for:

Project BEAST
Destiny raid streams
Life Is Strange follow-ups
All Beastcasts
Everything (sob)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Content that Austin must have return cameos for:

Project BEAST
Destiny raid streams
Life Is Strange follow-ups
All Beastcasts
Everything (sob)
He'll return as much as Dave and Patrick did

so like maybe once every three years

Hugstable

Banned
Having just started following Giant Bomb content just a few months ago, I will definitely miss Austin. Wish him the best success in his next job.

Last nights post Weed3 stream was the greatest thing. So much hilarious moments and emotions in 1 stream

2800261-8556881512-CUTn-.png

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, it was a good year, but only a year.

Hopefully the next person is better, if you can find such a person. Austin was a good "straight-man" to Vinny's "creative sauce" and Alex's "je ne sais quoi" and hopefully, so will the next person.

Jeffrey

long streams is a lot to ask for, but him popping back occasionally in other stuff isn't too out of the question, especially if he's not relocating.

He'll return as much as Dave and Patrick did

so like maybe once every three years

Between school, work, commute, his podcast and a bunch of other things I don't even know about, he seems infinitely busy. His time will probably only lessen as he gets more responsibilities at a new job. He's mentioned to people on twitter fairly often that he's got almost zero time as it is.

I'm sure he'll do what he can and what makes sense, but I'm keeping my expectations preeetty low. He's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Hagi

Really shocked that Austin would leave before Vinny completes his VinnyVania quest

Shit I never even thought of that. Never going to see him, Vinny and Alex go through Symphony of the Night. Ending on one of the worst games is sad.

Jeffrey

So i'm guessing the whole 'freelancing' articles piece of GB is dead with Austin gone?

seemed like a full time job vetting people and articles.

Shit I never even thought of that. Never going to see him, Vinny and Alex go through Symphony of the Night. Ending on one of the worst games is sad.

FUCK. Didn't even think of that.

Powerbombcast, "VINNY!", Dan's food gag, his RP sessions with Vinny, the Fiasco game during Christmas Beastcast, Contradiction, that poster, Gunpla, Meme Mondays, Build Club...

It's simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking to see how much JV wants to make sure his whole team lands on their feet. He really seems like a great dude.

Damn, I didn't watch the show last night so I was really bummed when I got on twitter this morning and saw the news. He, Vinny, and Alex had such great chemistry together. Can't believe he's leaving. :( But, Im sure he's moving on to something great so good for him!

jaina

Happy for Austin, bummed for everyone else.
Zaph is right that there'll always be disruptions. But as Jeff said, he wants people to come better out of it than they went in, which has been working. And that applies to us viewers as well, I feel a lot better with the memories (e.g. of content with Austin).

Because Austin is still part of the GB family, I assume gunpla stays on-topic?
Great E3 and I haven't even watched most of the evening interviews yet.

I'm gonna do it guys.

I'm finally gonna do it.

Been a free GB consumer for about a year, but after this E3 it's been so magical I just want the premium experience.

Dropping down for a year next paycheck.

Where do I start?

Scizzy

One of the great tragedies of Austin's departure is that he was on the verge of making "Welcome to Dedsec Motherfucker!" a classic catchphrase.

I'm gonna do it guys.

I'm finally gonna do it.

Been a free GB consumer for about a year, but after this E3 it's been so magical I just want the premium experience.

Where do I start?

One of the best series on the site and perhaps the best series of GBeast content.

Contradiction

First two videos are free and the last two are premium.

SeanR1221

I'm gonna do it guys.

I'm finally gonna do it.

Where do I start?

I just did this last weekend after being free for a year. Get your t shirt, and hop in on the premium suggestions 🙌🏻

Zaph

That feeling when you realise Dan and Austin will probably never watch another press conference together

Scizzy

Just realized the bait and switch they pulled with the Giant Thronescast. They recorded the first episode KNOWING Austin wouldn't be around for the second or the third or the fiftieth. Bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom