• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

I really hope Austin keep doing the power bombcast. I think they mainly do it through skype anyway, so it would be sweet to still have him do that.

Either way, Im still gonna miss the guy. Im excited to see who they get, but Austin fit in so well that its gonna be hard to fill those shoes.

jaina

original rez of the chalkboard photo, for archival
clirldguoaaupzxdsk0s.jpg

I'm gonna miss Austin so much. Contradiction and Life is Strange are some of my all-time favorite Giant Bomb videos, and I've been on that site since day 1. He was a fantastic presence on the Beastcast, and helped discussions on very complex societal topics be much more nuanced than their equivalents on the Bombcast. Whatever he's got lined up better be damn good to leave them after only 1 year, and I really hope it doesn't take half a year or whatever for East to get a third chair (not counting the rotating chair of course). 2-man Vinnyvania just won't cut it.

Scizzy

Wow. Way to go Austin.
Edited to add: great hire by Vice. Talk about a way to make me take your site seriously.

Damn, go Austin

Crazy he went from a basically unknown freelancer to running a Vice site and having a Variety article written about him in a year.

StoveOven

Banned
Holy shit, that's incredible. Way to go Austin. As much as I'll miss the guy on Giant Bomb, I'm glad he's staying in the industry and am incredibly happy for him

JamboGT

Not really a site I am familiar with, presumable from the reactions it is a pretty big deal in America?

Awesome for Austin to be going in and setting it up! Well done to him :)

Great news for Austin, looking forward to seeing what they do. Makes a lot of sense, I don't think he'd have left Giant Bomb after only a year for anything less than an editor-in-chief position for a prestigious outlet.

kvk1

Giant Bomb is the Daily Show of games coverage.

Just one big continuous star mill that finds the best of the best, nurtures them, and moves them onto bigger and better things.

With your host, Joff Gerstewart.

Just one big continuous star mill that finds the best of the best, nurtures them, and moves them onto bigger and better things.

So what you're saying is GB will be washed up when Jeff finally leaves?

PowerTaxi

Banned

So is Austin games media's John Oliver?

Largo

Man, I was wondering what would make him walk out of a GB position, given all it means to him as a former fan, but yeaaaah.

But what does this mean for Bars Von Trier?

Myggen

The thing that sucks about this is that he'll probably not do much streaming at VICE. Maybe he'll go back to doing some more stuff with streamfriends? Video is what I personally care about.

Ah well, congrats to Austin, huge opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom