• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sounds like a great gig for Austin, now he can hire all of the gundam he wants. All of the best gaming opinions and stories from the perspective of giant anime robots.

Also probably a variety of perspectives underrepresented or not in other media outlets and a source of gaming news providing thought and consideration about their opinions.

But mostly the anime robots.

yami4ct

Still salty about Austin getting pouched from GB so soon, but it looks like he landed a real nice gig. I'm excited to see what he does with it.

Lol yeah we shoulda. Hindsight 20/20.

We all knew Dan challenging the great god of the mountain to a wrestling match was a bad idea, but he was never going to listen to us. I think we all expected this could happen, even if we didn't admit it.

It seems people like Patrick and Austin , who are writers first, personalities second , either may not be fully fulfilled or find better pure writing gigs . I wonder if the next hire they'll be looking for is someone who is video personality first , game journalist second i.e Dan , since GB is pretty much the epitome for that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It seems people like Patrick and Austin , who are writers first, personalities second , either may not be fully fulfilled or find better pure writing gigs . I wonder if the next hire they'll be looking for is someone who is video personality first , game journalist second i.e Dan , since GB is pretty much the epitome for that.

Well, I think they specifically went for writers first because they wanted some to balance it out.

Brad's not exactly a Jeff or Dan on-screen.

Myggen

It seems like they were gonna get together next week to plan stuff, so we'll see.

Sure, but that's why it's being brought up again lately.

I think it's just being brought up because that joke is literally always brought up., especially when someone is actually leaving.

Jeffrey

So someone with Dan's personality and energy that likes Austin's games.

Catvoca

Banned
What if Austin hired Patrick to work from Chicago and started GiantBomb 2.0? And guess who'd he'd get to build the site? Dave Snyder of course.

In all seriousness it would be kind of rad if Austin hired Patrick for his new vice gig.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Austin will likely hire a bunch of people he had freelance for GB.

I don't know if him and Patrick are close at all

What if Austin hired Patrick to work from Chicago and started GiantBomb 2.0? And guess who'd he'd get to build the site? Dave Snyder of course.

In all seriousness it would be kind of rad if Austin hired Patrick for his new vice gig.

He'd probably hire Gita Johnson way before Patrick.

JonCha

Away from Austin, I just watched Phil Spencer's chat on the day 3 show and I was really impressed with all of it and didn't lose interest for a second. I completely buy into the cross-buy functionality between Windows and Xbox and Phil gives off the impression that he sincerely cares about the Xbox brand and getting people playing Microsoft's games. I also love the fact that he seems very open with the information that he can talk about at any time and doesn't work in a duplicitous way. The announcement of Scorpio is a great example fo that.

I think I've always leaned more towards the Xbox - chiefly because of Halo - and Phil is the kind of person that makes me want to go out and buy one. I probably come away from E3 more excited about what they have to offer, even moreso than Nintendo, over the next 12-18 months.

Away from Austin, I just watched Phil Spencer's chat on the day 3 show and I was really impressed with all of it and didn't lose interest for a second. I completely buy into the cross-buy functionality between Windows and Xbox and Phil gives off the impression that he sincerely cares about the Xbox brand and getting people playing Microsoft's games. I also love the fact that he seems very open with the information that he can talk about at any time and doesn't work in a duplicitous way. The announcement of Scorpio is a great example fo that.

I think I've always leaned more towards the Xbox - chiefly because of Halo - and Phil is the kind of person that makes me want to go out and buy one. I probably come away from E3 more excited about what they have to offer, even moreso than Nintendo, over the next 12-18 months.

Switching from Mattrick to Spencer might legitimately be one of the best moves any first party has ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom