• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is getting some mainstream coverage:

HQ9H4z5.png

Edit- Just realized the NeoGaf thread links to the Variety article. Still cool, regardless.

The thing that sucks about this is that he'll probably not do much streaming at VICE. Maybe he'll go back to doing some more stuff with streamfriends? Video is what I personally care about.

Ah well, congrats to Austin, huge opportunity.

It says in the article that video and streaming is definitely on the agenda.

def sim

jaina

Hehe, there really aren't many "professional headshots" of Austin publicly on the internet. Variety had to use the same we had in plenty of OTs.

daveo42

Banned
Sad to hear Dan is dead, but I think GB will survive his passing. Austin tho...he'll really be missed.

This last segment from day 2 is amazing.

Isotope

Finally got around to listening Phil Spencer on the Night Show; really great interview. Phil really does seem like a laid back guy and just wants people to enjoy games.

Myggen

Well, at least Variety called GB "an influential gaming news site" :p

I'm a lot less bummed about this than I thought I'd be. Austin is going to VICE and GB will be okay.

BTA

Really sad to hear about New Dan dying. It's good that they've hired Ghost Dan to replace him, though.

Draxyle

Neo Member
Bummed to see Austin go. I always picture Giant bomb as the end goal for videogame enthusiasts (which I know is only wishful thinking), so it always comes as a shock when anyone leaves it.

Fucking hell, Austin's gone up to the big leagues.

I only started paying attention to Giant Bomb for the GOTY podcasts last year. I've never known an Austin-less site. :(

Good luck, Austin!

RIP Dan

#JVRoadTrip

This was one hell of a week. It was actually kind of overwhelming. I'm finishing up the Day 3 video. I'm kinda glad things are going back to normal-ish now.

can't believe that dan was carried off into the hinterland by the mighty and powerful condor but frankly we should have expected it

Kaizer

Banned
Definitely gonna really miss having Austin on the site, but I can't help but be happy for him & feel like he's moving significantly up the ladder by getting to run his own site at VICE. Congrats Austin, I wish you well with everything you do in the future.

The Beastcast just won't be the same without him. Also R.I.P. Dan, next time I'm at GameStop, I'm buying a Waluigi Amiibo just for you duder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom