• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to Tested's This Is Only A Test and Norm had an unintentional shout-out to Ryan. He was listing processors and meant to saw Haswell, but instead said Taswell.

Ketch

They didn't even know where the warp whistle was in SMB3?

I thought they were supposed to be professional video games men.

How do I unsubscribe from these hacks? I'm gonna email Rorie right now.

Strax

God you are an awful human being. Especially with the pre-PS1 clarifier considering those games hold up the worst.

I said discussion because it's been done to death. There is barely a S/NES game that doesn't have 10+ reviews videos about.

But I will say anything pre-NES is terrible because the games are bad.

I said discussion because it's been done to death. There is barely a S/NES game that doesn't have 10+ reviews videos about.

But I will say anything pre-NES is terrible because the games are bad.

I assume you're not including arcade games, because Donkey Kong and Pac-Man both predate the NES and are all-time classics.

Ketch

There's so many good games on C64 that nobody knows/talks about.

That's why Jeff streams are the best, because you get to see the actual good shit from back then, not just the most popular stuff (which the most popular stuff tends to be the weakest from the generation imho).

So, now that some time has passed: Is the Division worth checking out if I don't know anybody else who plays it?

The single player/1-40 part of that game was pretty fun. It's kind of like borderlands with better game play but more boring artstyle and no story. If you like diablo esque loot games and 3rd person shooters definitely give it a go.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that Jeff builds a $2,000 PC with a GTX 1080 in it and the first thing he does is stream 30 year old games is why I trust the man

ZM2OIWG.png

This seems like it could be a super obnoxious stream to watch.

I'll definitely watch anyway.

Every time I remember the PS4 Pro doesn't have a 4K bluray player I'm bummed. I would have bought that day one, now I don't know if I'll end up getting one at all.

Every time I remember the PS4 Pro doesn't have a 4K bluray player I'm bummed. I would have bought that day one, now I don't know if I'll end up getting one at all.

Now that I'm considering 4K TVs and holding off on buying regular blu-rays, I'm at that point too. Might get it if there's a bundle with Horizon or a good deal next year, but it's hard to justify for the two to four PS4 games I play a year.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I seriously can't whether people "like" the Sonic twitter account because it's unfunny and stupid or if they like the Sonic twitter account cause it's...uhm...sonic-y?

Salarians

That new* Tomb Raider is fun. Lara is A Cool Dude™

*from 2015

Edit:
Enemy dude: "Just kill her!"
Lara: "Come and try! Come on!"

😍

Now that I'm considering 4K TVs and holding off on buying regular blu-rays, I'm at that point too. Might get it if there's a bundle with Horizon or a good deal next year, but it's hard to justify for the two to four PS4 games I play a year.

I really want to play The Last of Us again, and maybe I'll play Uncharted 4, but other than that the PS4 wouldn't be used without a 4K bluray drive. Just can't justify that.

Jintor

I dreamt that I guested on a podcast but now I don't remember which one. I think it was beastcast classic.

Weirdly narcissistic

FStop7

Banned
I really want to play The Last of Us again, and maybe I'll play Uncharted 4, but other than that the PS4 wouldn't be used without a 4K bluray drive. Just can't justify that.

Do what I did. Justify buying an Xbone S because of A) UHD Blu Ray support and B) I can use my old Xbone and PS4 as trade-ins toward a PS4 Pro. It's like getting a PS4 Pro for half price. It's saving money! My logic is impeccable.

Do what I did. Justify buying an Xbone S because of A) UHD Blu Ray support and B) I can use my old Xbone and PS4 as trade-ins toward a PS4 Pro. It's like getting a PS4 Pro for half price. It's saving money! My logic is impeccable.

But then I have the opposite problem, where the Xbox would only be used as a 4K bluray player and I'd still play all my games on PC. I don't have any games to trade, either.

I do have some magic whatever points from my 4K TV purchase (should be delivered tomorrow!) that I can use to buy an Xbox One S...

Ein Bear

Jeff bringing up how he wants to get back into Mario Maker in that NES quick look has me hoping we might get another stream. Their Mario Maker stuff is some of my favorite content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom