• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Give Jason time. He wasn't really a on camera dude before GB and after Patrick and Drew I think we have learned some people just need to grow into the role over time

He just needs the experience and possibly some guidance to tease out why he holds the opinions he does and articulate that. Jason is good people, but not yet as a front-facing personality on the site.

Man, Berserk looks real bland and underwhelming. Even Attack on Titan upon first impression looked miles better. It's a shame though because I was looking forward to the game after playing Attack on Titan, which I enjoyed alot.

What's going to happen to F1.cool ?

111111182o0i.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I bought a 1TB PS4 slim today including No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne GotY and some shitty in-ear headset. I paid 100€ (+200 Gamestore credit). I feel like I made a good decision. I still always feel bad for spending more than 100€ on something, even if I can afford it.

kingocfs

I bought a 1TB PS4 slim today including No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne GotY and some shitty in-ear headset. I paid 100€ (+200 Gamestore credit). I feel like I made a good decision. I still always feel bad for spending more than 100€ on something, even if I can afford it.

I'm considering this as well. Since I have a decent PC I've been holding back, but the Slim has been getting real cheap lately.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm considering this as well. Since I have a decent PC I've been holding back, but the Slim has been getting real cheap lately.

PC will still be my main platform, but Sony already has enough exclusives for it to be worth it. However after playing Dark Souls 3 with 60 FPS Bloodborne feels.....bad. Like, really bad. I'm still glad I bought this thing though. Otherwise I would have spent those 200 GS on a Switch for Zelda and........Mario in a year or so.

Dineren

Banned
I didn't think it would happen, but Nioh is really making me consider buying a PS4 Pro. Playing in action mode the image quality seems terrible on a regular PS4.

God, the timing of the song with the title screen was amazing lol.

I've never watched/read Berserk, but it is... very Japan of that intro to have a "titillating" rapey moment.

oti

Banned
I didn't think it would happen, but Nioh is really making me consider buying a PS4 Pro. Playing in action mode the image quality seems terrible on a regular PS4.

Since I'm skipping Horizon for Zelda, for now, I was thinking about getting a Pro for Horizon later this year. Mass Effect on a Pro could be really pretty too.

Xater

I've never watched/read Berserk, but it is... very Japan of that intro to have a "titillating" rapey moment.

Oh man the Manga is way worse when it comes to rape. I recently thought about finally returning to Berserk, because there are many great aspects to it, but the rape stuff just really bothered me and I stopped again.

Meguro

Banned
Berserk sucks.
Only redeeming feature is that it's drawn well.

A bit sad we aren't getting a playdate or something today from BEast.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Berserk's got more than its fair share of rape, and this game does not seem to care about treading lightly around the subject. One of the (Japanese version) DLC costumes is the outfit worn by a main character while she was catatonic after being raped

LowRoller

What jeff did during the opening was completely unacceptable, and I think he should at least apologize on Twitter. Berserk has been running for a long time and deserves some respect.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What jeff did during the whole stream was completely unacceptable, and I think he should at least apologize on Twitter. Mario Party has been running for a long time and deserves some respect.

Tagyhag

Jeff should resign. How dare he play some good music over some anime garbage

I'm all for not taking the Quick Looks seriously (Even if Berserk is a great manga, and deals with far more mature themes than people assume Anime does, the game itself looks blegh) but the phone bits were annoying lol. It's probably because of the shitty phone speakers.

I like Jason, he's a smart guy with some good lines but the criticism over how he expresses himself is valid. To be totally fair, he often sounds really tired - like all my friends currently raising their first baby, really. I would imagine he doesn't get lots of sleep.

I haven't been able to check out this Berserk QL but it sounds like I'll love it. Jeff is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom