• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

mintyice

Fast 5 40s was some of the best GB content I've ever experienced. Holy shit. The movie was actually good and the commentary was on point. Prime GB material.

Gandie

Holy shit, a new cinema opened right around the corner from me and while checking it out I noticed a DBox ad in the entrance hall.
Sure enough they offer 10 Dbox seats per theatre. I have never even heard of Dbox outside of Giantbomb and I remember them making fun of it.
Not sure if I'll try it myself with Fast 8 or GotG 2 considering the tickets are 21 EUROS per PERSON (3D and Dolby Atmos)

Still crazy to see this stuff in Germany.

oti

Banned
Holy shit, a new cinema opened right around the corner from me and while checking it out I noticed a DBox ad in the entrance hall.
Sure enough they offer 10 Dbox seats per theatre. I have never even heard of Dbox outside of Giantbomb and I remember them making fun of it.
Not sure if I'll try it myself with Fast 8 or GotG 2 considering the tickets are 21 EUROS per PERSON (3D and Dolby Atmos)

21 Euros? Brudah, I could buy a bunch of Döner with that money.

Patryn

Official F&40s Poll:

◻️ Harry Potter Saga
◻️ Twilight Saga
◻️ Transformers Saga

Pick one!

These are all terrible suggestions. One of the reasons I am enjoying the series is because they are enjoying the films. They are not MST3K, I have no desire to make them watch films they'd hate.

bigkrev

Yeah, I have a DBOX theater about an hour away from me (further away from the main city as crazy as that sounds).

It's $19 for 2D movies and $22 for 3D movies

oti

Banned
OK, now we have a winner. It's a long running series with vastly different entries throughout the series. I'd be all for it.

Yes! Me too! I watched them all for the first time last year and I enjoyed the first one especially. MI2 is hot garbage though.

J_Viper

Just finished the Andromeda prologue and.........I actually liked it quite a bit.

Perhaps this is due to the incredibly low expectations I went in with, but the much maligned writing doesn't seem bad so far, the combat is fast and satisfying, the voice cast for the main characters are doing solid work, and it looks gorgeous on PC.

Maybe it gets way worse later on, but at the moment, this sure as hell isn't the Assassin's Creed 3 or RE6 level disaster I thought it'd be.

Lunar FC

My brother and I sat in dbox seats one time even though we didn't pay for them and then the person who bought those seats showed up like 10 minutes into the movie. It was awk.

TraBuch

Banned
If I were to order from Outback or Applebees or any of those other casual restaurants and do a curbside pickup, is a tip expected? What about if I order Chinese and go there to pick it up?

Tunoku

We get movies for 5€ on Mondays over here, and 1+1 free on Thursdays. Imax is something like 15€ of course. I can't really complain tbh. Actually, I can. When the fuck are they gonna show Your Name in theaters here?!

Jennipeg

I like the Cornetto trilogy idea. Hot Fuzz is also my favourite, the most fun i've had at the cinema.

My absolute ideal would be the Alien series. Their commentary over Aliens would be great. Granted I hate 3, I still haven't got over the whole Newt thing but its still an ok movie. That or Terminator, just to hear Dan explain why he thinks 3 is as good as 2.

kai3345

Banned
oh my god the fast five film & 40s might be my favorite thing they've ever done on the site

edit - I also agree that The Raid movies would make great film & 40s

Weird to hear the same music GB uses for their intermission when streaming at my kids gymnastics. The older kids have a competition going on right now. It's that jazzy upbeat guitar one.

Top Bottom